Supreme Court Strikes Down DOMA Vol: IN B4 NINJAHOOD

I think people don't realize that even if it was about just taxes, if same-sex marriages weren't getting the same tax benefits, then they in fact weren't treated equally. This is what this is all about. Equality in all aspects of marriage.

Equality for all.
actually for folks who are low information types...

DOMA ruling = da feds can't hold tax benefits to states that deemed gay marriage legal... 11ish of them...all other states

that dont consider it legal are uneffected. da MERITS of gay marriage were not even touched

prop 8 rulling = da group who advocated da enforcement for da rulling since da state decided to not uphold da vote of da people

weren't qualified to do so, once again da MERITS of gay marriage were once again not touched.

lets not get this twisted folks, like i said before...straight up tax issue, that does NOT legalize gay marriage nationwide.

im sleep doe.

You had your talking points worked out before the ruling. If this had went the other way, it was going to be a big deal. But since it went this way, you sweep it under the rug like nothing

If they upheld it, you were going to come in here wit "Dis defines what marriage is for good B, no papi-n-papi unions, da gays and far left gonna have to deal wit it"

Last edited:
Equality for all.

DOMA ruling = da feds can't hold tax benefits to states that deemed gay marriage legal... 11ish of them...all other states

that dont consider it legal are uneffected. da MERITS of gay marriage were not even touched

prop 8 rulling = da group who advocated da enforcement for da rulling since da state decided to not uphold da vote of da people

weren't qualified to do so, once again da MERITS of gay marriage were once again not touched.

lets not get this twisted folks, like i said before...straight up tax issue, that does NOT legalize gay marriage nationwide.

im sleep doe.

If they upheld it, you were going to come in here wit "Dis defines what marriage is for good B, no papi-and-papi unions, da gays and far left gonna have to deal wit it"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This does open DOMA up to further challenges under the Full Faith and Credit clause. It'll probably be a while before cases work their way through the courts to get back to the Supreme Court, but maybe within the next 10-15 years this matter can finally be settled.

I'm personally don't think marriage should have ever been a part of the government, but kept within the confines of religion, which is where it came from.

exactly, it should be relegated to nothing more than a social status.  

It'll be interesting to see Ninjahood adapt to the Supreme Court's ruling. He's kept a "It's whatever da Supreme Court says.." mantra when spewing his nonsense. If DOMA is completely struck down, Ninjahood will then become okay with gay marriage...and it'd be solely by his standards.

Ninjahood doesn't follow or know anything about the actual policy or reasoning behind any SCOTUS opinion. He just reads a Huffpo summary and regurgitates it onto NT. If the action was struck down for a lack of SMJ, Ninjahood would claim that SCOTUS was against gay marriage.

Last edited:
I'm personally don't think marriage should have ever been a part of the government, but kept within the confines of religion, which is where it came from.

Ideally, but if the government is going to extend rights to a select group of people they shouldn't discriminate based on sexual orientation.  It's not the best solution, but it's the best when working within the confines of our current system.

Last edited:
i've said it once, and i'll continue to say it in every thread like this...

LET THEM GAY DUDES COOK...

cuz in actuality... nobody really has a problem with men/women, women/women, women/ostrich, men/women/women/women marriage...

people just dont like the thought of two burley gay dudes locking lips. it creeps folks out, makes them flaccid, and is the MAIN propenent of why people dont want gay folks getting marriad.

srsly.

I'm a religious person myself and I didn't get married for government/tax reason, but rather personal/religious reasons. Like I said, I think marriage should not have been dragged into the legal system.

“DOMA is unconstitutional as a deprivation of the equal liberty of persons that is protected by the Fifth Amendment,” Kennedy wrote. Chief Justice John Roberts, Justice Antonin Scalia, and Justice Samuel Alito filed separate dissents to the Court’s decision. Scalia delivered a lengthy and scathing oral dissent in court as after the decision was announced.

The offending section of the law, which sailed through Congress in 1996, restricted gay couples from receiving more than 1,000 benefits accorded to married couples, even if they were legally married in the states where they reside. In a forceful indictment of the law, Kennedy cited the contradictions between state and federal statutes as among the reasons for striking down the measure.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/06/2...s-down-defense-of-marriage-act/#ixzz2XKupGpxM

Last edited:
i've said it once, and i'll continue to say it in every thread like this...

LET THEM GAY DUDES COOK...

cuz in actuality... nobody really has a problem with men/women, women/women, women/ostrich, men/women/women/women marriage...

people just dont like the thought of two burley gay dudes locking lips. it creeps folks out, makes them flaccid, and is the MAIN propenent of why people dont want gay folks getting marriad.

srsly.

I would disagree with the idea that people are accepting of polygamy, but I do wonder if these types of rulings open up the idea that this type of marriage could be made legal.

Equality for all.

im sleep doe.

No **** sherlock.

This is a step in the right direction to what will ultimately be, what I said, equality for all.

No matter how much you hate gay people, eventually in our lifetime, 50 states will legalize gay marriage.

All this did is reenforce state laws, guess what?

Da definition of marriage is still between a man

& woman. Da ruling here just made harder for

Da laws in California to apply to Texas, cuz if

A state bans it, da supreme court cannot do anything

About it, only states that opened themselves up to

Litigation (da 11ish where it is legal.)

Im more interested to see how this is gonna effect

Da immigrant bill considering now that in states

Where gay marriage is legal, it could serve as a

poison pill since partners from out da country

Have da ability to sponsor as citizens.

Equality for all.

im sleep doe.

No **** sherlock.

This is a step in the right direction to what will ultimately be, what I said, equality for all.

No matter how much you hate gay people, eventually in our lifetime, 50 states will legalize gay marriage.

Like I said. Prepare yourself for this to change in our lifetime, especially with how the younger generation views same-sex marriage. A new, accepting, open-minded generation are eventually going to become the vocal majority and fortunately, people like you will be the quiet minority.

It'll be interesting to see Ninjahood adapt to the Supreme Court's ruling. He's kept a "It's whatever da Supreme Court says.." mantra when spewing his nonsense. If DOMA is completely struck down, Ninjahood will then become okay with gay marriage...and it'd be solely by his standards.

Ninjahood doesn't follow or know anything about the actual policy or reasoning behind any SCOTUS opinion. He just reads a Huffpo summary and regurgitates it onto NT. If the action was struck down for a lack of SMJ, Ninjahood would claim that SCOTUS was against gay marriage.

Because you know what i do outside this message board huh? >D Wipe that chin off por favor.

Da jimmies of da original definition of marriage

Remains unrustled. Da supreme court ruled

On a tax benefit matter, & on a disqualification

From a group that wanted to enforce a proposition

That wasnt able to.

♪Thats all folks♪

No **** sherlock.

That doesn't make it right.

Equality for all.

im sleep doe.
No **** sherlock.

Like I said. Prepare yourself for this to change in our lifetime, especially with how the younger generation views same-sex marriage. A new, accepting, open-minded generation are eventually going to become the vocal majority and fortunately, people like you will be the quiet minority.
Pretty much.  A good percentage of the younger generation will most likely become more fiscally conservative as they get older and start making good money, but I can't see their views on social issues shifting to the right.  Give it 10 years and we'll look back on this issue the same way we looked at anti-miscegenation laws.

The ban on same sex marriage in the 38 states in which it's illegal, will soon be challenged. According to CNN, the cases challenging those bans will be filed immediately. 8)

No **** sherlock.

That doesn't make it right.
You're right in the sense that just because the majority agrees on something doesn't mean it's right, but can you tell us how allowing homosexuals the right to marry is wrong without citing any sort of biblical text or religious doctrine?  How is it harming society?

Back
Top Bottom