Supreme Court Strikes Down DOMA Vol: IN B4 NINJAHOOD

You're right in the sense that just because the majority agrees on something doesn't mean it's right, but can you tell us how allowing homosexuals the right to marry is wrong without citing any sort of biblical text or religious doctrine?  How is it harming society?

This

I'm still baffled at the concept of a "license" on a voluntary economic contract between two people. The government is the most discriminatory body in all of this, and we are suppose to jump for joy when they correct decades of discrimination?

I wonder if there are going to be people who start expecting churches to marry gay couples against the belief/will of the church, which would be a huge, huge problem.

I wonder if there are going to be people who start expecting churches to marry gay couples against the belief/will of the church, which would be a huge, huge problem.

They won't do that. People don't care about the "religious institutions" because being married by a religious institutions do not grant marriage licenses, the municipalities do. The actual concept of "marriage" wasnt the issue because religious institutions will do it, the problem was the piece of paper issued by the State saying "Ok these people are granted tax incentives".

No **** sherlock.

This is a step in the right direction to what will ultimately be, what I said, equality for all.

No matter how much you hate gay people, eventually in our lifetime, 50 states will legalize gay marriage.
That doesn't make it right.
You're right in the sense that just because the majority agrees on something doesn't mean it's right, but can you tell us how allowing homosexuals the right to marry is wrong without citing any sort of biblical text or religious doctrine?  How is it harming society?

Not every person who is against marriage does it for religious reasons. I assume there are atheists who are against gay marriage.

No **** sherlock.

This is a step in the right direction to what will ultimately be, what I said, equality for all.

No matter how much you hate gay people, eventually in our lifetime, 50 states will legalize gay marriage.
That doesn't make it right.
Not every person who is against marriage does it for religious reasons. I assume there are atheists who are against gay marriage.
True, but that's the exception rather than the rule.  I just asked for a legitimate reason, which no one has been able to give so far.

I figured this was going to happen.

I'm personally don't think marriage should have ever been a part of the government, but kept within the confines of religion, which is where it came from.

Meh.
qft

Govt didnt create or invent marriage, who are they to re-define it?

i've said it once, and i'll continue to say it in every thread like this...

LET THEM GAY DUDES COOK...

cuz in actuality... nobody really has a problem with men/women, women/women, women/ostrich, men/women/women/women marriage...

people just dont like the thought of two burley gay dudes locking lips. it creeps folks out, makes them flaccid, and is the MAIN propenent of why people dont want gay folks getting marriad.

srsly.
dead on

cuz in actuality... nobody really has a problem with men/women, women/women, women/ostrich, men/women/women/women marriage...

people just dont like the thought of two burley gay dudes locking lips. it creeps folks out, makes them flaccid, and is the MAIN propenent of why people dont want gay folks getting marriad.

srsly.
As much as I hate that cliche', MY MAN!

I have a gay cousin, I dont care that she rather have cunningulus from a woman and bypass fellatio in her life.

srsly.
As much as I hate that cliche', MY MAN!

I have a gay cousin, I dont care that she rather have cunningulus from a woman and bypass fellatio in her life.
Exactly.  My good friend for the past 20 years came out last year.  If you're gonna cut someone out of your life or love them less because of their sexual orientation you really have to ask yourself how much you actually cared about them and their happiness to begin with.

They won't do that. People don't care about the "religious institutions" because being married by a religious institutions do not grant marriage licenses, the municipalities do. The actual concept of "marriage" wasnt the issue because religious institutions will do it, the problem was the piece of paper issued by the State saying "Ok these people are granted tax incentives".

Bottom line isn't it? So now they get Federal benefits? Like filing a joint Fed tax return, Social Security benefits will roll over to the spouse if one dies, and can transfer assets without paying a gift tax? Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr funk 13

I figured this was going to happen.

I'm personally don't think marriage should have ever been a part of the government, but kept within the confines of religion, which is where it came from.

Meh.
qft

Govt didnt create or invent marriage, who are they to re-define it?

Thankfully, we don't live in a theocracy or in the '50s. Marriage is an emotional, and social union of two individuals (polygamy would ultimately count as well if not for the countless federal and state laws and regulations associated with marriage as being between two individuals that complicate its lawful existence). There are millions of Americans who do not associate with religion and do not view marriage as a religious practice or ceremony. Because marriage has federal and state benefits associated with it, it is also a function of government and must be within the scope of the government. Simple as that.

Your religious definition of marriage doesn't hold much water in a nation that separates church and state, and has so intertwined marriage with federal benefits that the two cannot (barring any major change of the structure of our laws and society) be divorced :smile:p)

Thankfully, we don't live in a theocracy or in the '50s. Marriage is an emotional, and social union of two individuals (polygamy would ultimately count as well if not for the countless federal and state laws and regulations associated with marriage as being between two individuals that complicate its lawful existence). There are millions of Americans who do not associate with religion and do not view marriage as a religious practice or ceremony. Because marriage has federal and state benefits associated with it, it is also a function of government and must be within the scope of the government. Simple as that.

Your religious definition of marriage doesn't hold much water in a nation that separates church and state, and has so intertwined marriage with federal benefits that the two cannot (barring any major change of the structure of our laws and society) be divorced :smile:p)

Marriage is an institution thats been around for thousands of years, so I dont know why you mentioned the 50's. Marriage is a union of two individuals of the opposite sex. It always has been since the begining of time.

Marriage is an institution thats been around for thousands of years, so I dont know why you mentioned the 50's. Marriage is a union of two individuals of the opposite sex. It always has been since the begining of time.

View media item 469591

Thousands of years? The beginning of time? Are you one of those people who thinks the Earth is only 3000 years old or something?

The contradiction is STRONG in your post but regardless, there's tons of evidence of same sex marriage being acknowledged all the way back to Mesopotamian societies

Thousands of years? The beginning of time? Are you one of those people who thinks the Earth is only 3000 years old or something?

The contradiction is STRONG in your post but regardless, there's tons of evidence of same sex marriage being acknowledged all the way back to Mesopotamian societies
Ancient Rome and Greece were all bout that "bi" life.

How people can grasp that we're all different yet not accept someones preference in a companion is beyond me.

Especially minorities. Civil rights is still fairly new and same people who are benefiting from the struggle are trying to put that struggle on the GAL community. 
mean.gif

I think we have two different ideas of what the "beginning of time" means. There is a big difference between "time" and "recorded time", and especially, between "recorded time" and "Judeo-Christian Recorded Time".

View media item 469591

Ancient Rome and Greece were all bout that "bi" life.

How people can grasp that we're all different yet not accept someones preference in a companion is beyond me.

Especially minorities. Civil rights is still fairly new and same people who are benefiting from the struggle are trying to put that struggle on the GAL community. 
mean.gif
I agree with you, but a can of worms has been opened with that statement.:lol:

Last edited:
I agree with you, but a can of worms has been opened with that statement.
laugh.gif
being black, latino and asian, etc were all looked upon as being unequal. It's just reversed now with black, latino and asians, etc being looked upon as unequal because of their preference in partner.

Civil rights isn't just for race and gender, its about equal rights for all.

I'm ready.

Last edited:
I cannot and do not want to picture the amount of gay couples raising children in the next 40 years.

I don't care I think that is wrong.

Let them marry though I guess.

I cannot and do not want to picture the amount of gay couples raising children in the next 40 years.

I don't care I think that is wrong.

Let them marry though I guess.

So you'd rather see kids 'oprhaned' than be raised by gay couples?

Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom