Survey & Yes a Few Other Questions For the SERIOUS Brand Jordan Consumer

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product?
Not only does the consumer keep Jordan Brand in business but they keep them on their toes and force them to constantly reinvent themselves.

2. What Product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature?
Whatever looks good and feels comfortable.

3. Are you an Athlete or Sneakerhead or Casual Consumer?
I consider myself both an athlete and a sneakerhead. I play basketball year round and still often wear basketball shoes off court.

4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?
I saw him play in person twice, and many many times on television.

5. How Tall are you?
Just a shade under 6'2.

6. IF you dont purchase Team Products WHY?
They often are not as aesthetically pleasing and aren't often pushed heavily by Jordan Brand, allowing many to go by the wayside before we the consumersever see them.

7. What would sway you to wear Team Products? J
ordan Brand has recently been stepping up their Team Shoe Game in what I assume is anticipation of the ending of the Jordan Signature line. If they continue ontheir current path and possibly increase the marketabilty of the Team Jordan athletes I will begin purchasing more frequently.

8. Whats your favorite Technology?
IPS Technology, with the Jordan XX being the most comfortable basketball shoe I've ever played in.

9. Whats your favorite Material to play Basketball or to wear Casually?
Basketball- Good Quality leather
Casually- Patent leather or clear soles

10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)
Never wore Jordan cleats when playing football.

11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?
Yes, more than happy to.

12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey....
A couple of comments:
- Be more liberal in the spreading around of releases. The typical Jordan brand consumer I assume is between the ages of 14 and 25, making a new release everyweek monotonous and not within budget.
- For Jordan Football- Possibly design a signature shoe for an athlete like Terrel Owens and market the product heavily to make a stamp on the football market.
- Go back to the high quality- Although this problem might be diminishing due to Nike's new eco-friendly persona and the shying away from heavy glue use,and materials like that; It's really disheartening to open up a box of new shoes and find the shoes vcovered in glue.

13. Age 16

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Obviously as an individual, on a small level, financially. However, I'd like to think that by voicing an opinion on products that it would have some effect.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I'm split 50-50 on this. When the 2k4 dropped, (unofficialKobe sig?), it was a no-brainer. I think that was a team shoe with a broad appeal. The first two Lebrons met my needs, since then not so much. At first theline looked like performance shoes that were durable, rugged. Then it went to durable, rugged shoes that performed. There is a difference to me.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Always been an athlete and a sneakerhead. Still hit the leagues. Over the past two years most of my purchases were for playing in.[/color]

4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Yes. I was in my mid to late teens during Jordan's career. Ihave more than a memory associated with these retros that drop. There is an emotion that comes with them.[/color]

5. How Tall are you?

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]6'2"[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I do purchase Team products that perform.[/color]

7. What would sway you to wear Team Products?

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Great design. Great performance. When I look at Under Armour, theentire line looks like team clothing and shoes, but it is all made to perform, without distinction.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I've been a fan of Zoom Air since day one, especially whenpaired with a carbon-fiber plate.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Gear -Polyester or polyester/cotton blends. Especially in form ofDri-fit and sphere.
[/color]
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)

11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]No doubt.[/color]

12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey....

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I would really like to see Nike/Brand Jordan continue to push theenvelope in performance and design. For sure there is another player on North American soil now. I've go to admit, Under Armour didn't appeal to meat first, but in the last year the products have grown on me and do have quite a bit of merit. When it comes to footwear Nike has quite a bit of breathingroom. However with the clothing lines the gap has been closing at a dizzying rate. I went into my local #@!*'s this week and the Nike clothing sectionhad shrunk, and UA's section was huge. When looking at them side by side it was pretty clear who had the nicer looking "gear". Never thought Iwould say that.[/color]
nerd.gif

13. Age

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]33[/color]

1. As a Consumer What is yourImpact on the Jordan Product
5. How Tall are you?
13. Age

1. I have been buying Jordan/Nike products since I was a kid I played bball in AAU and high school and football in high school and now college and I havealways found Nike to be the best and it has always seemed to be a company that looks to improve and athletes performance in many ways.
2. Mostly signature shoes but some teams shoes along the line if it had great looks or performance
3. I would say Athlete/Sneakerhead but I like more than just basketball shoes, I am gaining a great interest in training shoes cuz of playing college football.
4. I have seen many games on tv of Jordan with the bulls and the wiz never in person I live in Pittsburgh no nba team
grin.gif
5. 6'1
6. The reason I don't purchase many team shoes is because there are so many other shoes I would rather pay $100 plus for before a team shoe such as somekobes cuz of the great tech in them.
7.More specialization based on someone's style of play Ex). Lighter shoes for guards
8. Nike free- unreal results from a training aspect and a great feeling shoe
9. The dri-fit material in football undershirts
10. I play WR in college and I would like to see a lighter, more flexible, and more breathable cleat for wrs or dbs or a great cleat for the lineman as many ofthem have voiced complaints about cleats for lineman not being up to par. I guess I would just like to see more specialization based on position or style ofplay, I could go on and on about football cleats and what improvements could be made.
11. Yes, and I could get a large amount of feedback from teammates to help your football department improve to meet the needs of all kinds of players.
12. I would just like to see Jordan brand offer all of their shoes to everyone, I think the house of hoops in NYC getting the PEs is a terrible idea. Make arelease like that online so all fans or sneakerheads have an opportunity to get a pair. Also make what the players where available I mean everyone loves towear jordans cuz Mike wore them in games. Now you cant get anything your favorite player wears on the field or court, everything is a PE colorway. Basicallythe brand needs to be more loyal to its biggest supporters even though I understand it's a business and its all about the $$$.
13. 19

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product
I buy the product.
Mostly signature, I have only owned two pairs of team Jordans.
Athlete/Sneakerhead
Both
5. How Tall are you?
6'6"
Zoom
Foam
Don't play football
Absolutely

13. Age

I give them revenue and sorta advertise for them as I wear their products

Sig line

mainly athlete and sneakerhead

yes

5. How Tall are you?
6 feet

they have no meaning or history behind them

cheap price

zoom air

basketball - leather
casually - leather

n/a

sure

JB needs to lower prices...

13. Age

- I buy and wear it.
- Signature
- Athlete, sneaker aficionado
- Yes, live in New Orleans
5. How Tall are you?
- 6'0
- Because they're made primarily to play in, and I'll just play in the signature line. However, I'd consider the 12.5's
- hah?
- Zoom Air
- Mesh Shorts. Nike/Jordan Mesh shorts
- Weight. Lighter cleats.
- Definitely. Being in Louisiana, it'd be interesting to do.
I think the Jordan Brand consumer is definitely changing over the years. Different areas have different trends, styles. For example, some places sold out ofthe All-Star XX3's whereas I was able to buy mine no problem the Monday following the release.

13. Age

im guessing my impact would be the fact that i purchase the product
Signature
I guess you can say an athlete and a sneakerhead cause i play ball and i collect sneakers
yes, i saw play live when he was playing for the wizards
5. How Tall are you?
5"11
they just don't rally ave the unique style as signature Jays

the carbon plate they used for the insoles in the XVIII's
Leather
I havent played in them before personally ut from what i was told the performance is pretty good
sure why not
no nothing
13. Age

Jordans are the only shoe that I buy, whether it be for wearing to school or to play basketball in. And I'm always talking to my friends about the latestJordans.
I mainly purchase Signature Jordans but in the past I have bought Team Jordans
I am an Athlete turned Sneakerhead
Yes, I remember watching Michael Jordan after his first comeback when he won his second string of 3 titles. I vividly remember watching him hitting "TheShot" against the Jazz in the 1998 Finals. I also remember watching him in the All-Star games back when he played on the Wizards.
5. How Tall are you?
6 feet tall
I no longer purchase Team Jordan products because I have a budget and prefer to have a shoe that I grew up with versus a newer release shoe.
If they had that look that was similar to my favorite signature shoe then it could sway me. Or if it had that look that is made me just say "Wow, I needthese in my life!"
Carbon Fiber implemented in the sole and Zoom Air for the cushioning
I like leather & patent leather for playing basketball. I like tumbled leather, suede, or nubuck for casual wear.
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance?
Well, I never played football in Jordan cleats but if I were to say which Jordan shoe is most comfortable, I'd say the XII. If the technology implementedin the basketball version of those trasitioned well to the football version, then that would be my ideal shoe.
Yes, I plan on Minoring in Marketing once I attend college and any experience I could gain from volunteering in a Focus Group would be awesome.
I would like the Retro Signature shoes to have better quality to extend the longevity of the shoe. The latest Signature shoes have all been amazing basketballshoes and it pains me to see once great basketball sneakers turned into cheap knock offs of their Original counterparts. Oh, and the Jordan Brand clothing istoo big. It isn't so bad for when you play basketball because majority of the players like to play with baggier clothing but just wearing casually, itlooks really awkward to wear a baggy shirt with jeans that aren't baggy. It isn't that big of a deal personally because I have a bigger body (XXLshirts/XXXL shorts) but it would definitely be a problem if I was a smaller guy (S or M shirts)
13. Age

What Product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature?
-I prefer the signature line because I feel more thought has been brought into the making of the sneaker. The signature designs were always more eye catchingto me, so it's easier for me to spend that extra buck. I always felt that the Team line was always a choice for those that couldn't afford thesignature line, but still wanted that top of the line status.

An athletic sneakerhead. I buy a variety of sneakers, from casual, to SB, to running, or basketball.

embarassed.gif
My parents waited too long. The Wizards Jordan doesn't count.
I have watched MJ on the Bulls, but way to young to interpret anything.

5. How Tall are you?
5'10" when I wake up.

Besides what I previously stated, the Team sneakers are priced aboved $100, give or take 30 dollars. You can easily find models from other companies or onEbay for a cheaper price. I don't feel you are getting your money's worth when you purchase a Team product, especially for retail. Although as ofrecent, the Team Line is featuring stronger designs that come off as a signature sneaker. Melo's line is gaining strength, and the Enhancers look crazy.

Crazier designs. The Team products always seemed to be be very simple, and used small cues from the Signature line to boost sales (ex. B'2rue). Cheaperprices would help, priced at the very upmost $100 IMO, but they sell at higher prices, so it would be stupid to sell at a cheaper price.

I'm guessing from strictly Jordan sneakers? Anything with zoom.

For basketball I like a well ventilated upper, so mesh is always nice. I always liked patent on my basketball sneakers, but not always on the whole upper, Ilike to keep the patent to sentimental value ex: all star game. For black based uppers, suede or nubuck is a must. Black leather was always a turnoff. Forcasually, the material doesn't really matter, moreso the cut (low cut).

n/a

Of course, it seems like a great opportunity to help out.

With the last true signature releasing from Jordan, and the new beginning already starting, I am excited to see what MJ has planned for the years to come.

13. Age

As a consumer I feel my impact is very little. I live in a smaller demographic where the retailer doesn't seem to think is worthy of distributing productsto.
I do not blame them, there is a smaller demographic, but i live in SLC, its not the biggest city or the most prominent in retailing sneakers, but it isUtah's capitol.
I feel we of the mid-west are not properly taken care of. regardless, that is where my opinion on the matter stands, i feel like we do contribute to themarket,
as does any place where it can be sold, distribute at least some, not none.

Signature, usually top of the line, or things that i feel I personally like.

sneakerhead, recreational athlete

yes, whooped my jazz twice. depressing.

5. How Tall are you?
5' 10"

i rather buy stuff that i have heard is truly good on the court. i play in kobes mostly,
and play in older retros ive beat. i just see that team products of the past were so much better.
quick pros, deuce trey, etc. the stuff of today is just fusions of signature lines, obviously they
know that their sig line is so much better.

quality basketball shoe targeted towards my playing style. something original, ZK1 or 2k5s are stuff i play ball in.

zoom air, huarache system

basketball - leather, tough durable leather
causal - nice black suede

i dont use them, i just use nikes

id be willing, but doubt id help that much at all

seems to me that team line is just a combination rather than new and innovative like the stuff they use to put out.
now im not saying that the older stuff was completely original, i know they used a bunch of the technologies of the past
and the new. but really team products arent impressive to me, because jordan newer played in them. its like the kobe trainer,
its a good shoe, looks nice and all, but its nothing amazing to me, something that id have to have, shoes he wears and plays in
i feel i have to have.

13. Age

when i was kid to actually have J's pn your feet it was about bragging rights,breaking necks,and make peps jaw drop andwearing with pride because you knew that your favorite player/idol(MJ) was wearing the same shoes as you....but know everthing has changed..JB is slowingforgetting about us(peps/fans who here since day one)..i understand JB has to move on with the time/future but im just saying dont put out a retro with somefruitty pebble colorways and make it GR..then release a retro with a og colorway(or even close to to original colorway) then make it limited..

Signature

Sneakerhead

Yes Sir..

5. How Tall are you?
5'11

N/A

i already been swayed...12.5

Carbon fiber on the Xl's

Suede/Nubuck

N/A

geah i can..

Thanks for pack's JB..i guess..

13. Age

pimp.gif
thread Rock...

Us consumers are what partially made JB what it has become today.

All signature shoes.

Not a sneakerhead, a Jordanhead

Being from Pittsburgh, I used to go to see Mike play in Cleveland every year they played there and witnessed his 69 point game. I watched or recorded almostevery Mike was on TV including games, slam dunk contests, etc.

5. How Tall are you?
5 10

Dont like them

Nothing

Well I havent hooped in a while so Im gonna say, AIR?
roll.gif

Any

N/A

Why not

Nah

13. Age

I believe that consumers make JB whats it is

Nothing but Signatures

Athlete And a Jordanhead

4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Televison?
When he played for the wizards.

5. How Tall are you?
5 11

I hate Team Jordans

Not a thing, not even if they were free, cant stand them

zoom air

doesnt matter

N/A

dont have a problem with it

We need signature retroes next year, i hope you guys dont try to make the team shoes your bred winner

13. Age

I do not give in to the hype. For me its still function over form. For all its worth, One of the many who appreciate what Michael Jordan really means to thegame.

I have nothing against team products. I actually like a lot of them. But my purchases are mostly signature.
Athlete and sneakerhead-on-a-budget (if there's such a thing
roll.gif
).

I live outside the US. I never had the chance of watching him live but i've watched him A LOT on TV.

5. How Tall are you?
5'8"

I understand the premium on sigs but i find Team products expensive.

Better design at a reasonable price. (i.e. Air Uptempo 3.0 Manu, Jordan Enhancer)

Zoom air

Dri-fit for ballin'. For casual something not too thick.

Sure. but then again, im abroad. not a US resident.

JB should start something similar to what Nike is doing with Kevin Durant.

13. Age

I think as a society---not just a NT community us purchasing and launching the Brand Jordan to another level is our impact. Jordan's started thissneakerhead culture, at least that's how I feel. If you think about it people would skip school during the weekdays to buy Jordans, so they had to changethe launch dates to Sat. Honestly I think Brand Jordan takes us as a consumer for granted. I will have more on this later...

Signature

Athlete/Sneakerhead

4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Televison?
Seen him win all 6 titles, seen him in his prime.

5. How Tall are you?
6'1

B/c I remember when Brand Jordan was just the Air Jordan Line. I remember when that was the only shoe they ever made and EVERYONE wanted. I remember whenJordans were special.

I don't think I would ever wear Team Products, I just don't wear Jordans to play basketball in.

Zoom Air

Dri-Fit, Pro

N/A

N/A

I think the Brand Jordan has over saturated the market, again above I say we as a society have changed the way we view sneakers b/c now we have a voice acommunity to speak our minds about shoes. Every person with access to a computer has an opinion now, I don't know if this a good or bad thing. But b/c ofthis shoes get "hyped" as we call it or dissed. This happens months before shoes release. But with Jordan our community (NT) beg and plead forcertain things like a specific # retroed or certain colors. But the thing is no matter what we do we continue to buy all the colorways that come out.Personally I think Brand Jordan has brought down the value of Jordans by retroing all these different colorways and lows b/c of that it has devalued theoverall aspect of Brand Jordan footwear. Most of us remember Jordan b/c of the Air Jordan line not b/c of the Team line correct? That's why you asked thequestion if we saw Jordan play. And I feel Brand Jordan feels anything they put the Jumpman on will sell or should sell. Some Jumpman shoes look good andprobably a really good performance shoe, and let me also say I AM NOT JORDAN's "target consumer" and this is just my opinion. But you can justsee that this isn't enhancing the brand it's devaluing it, just look at the Jordan's discounted at the mall and at Nike's retail stores. How dothey fix this, I don't know. But Jordan's don't seem special to me anymore, not like they were.

13. Age

I appreciate any person willing to sacrifice their time as to help the Athletic Shoe world to mantain/progress.

Thanks RockDeep. But first I wanted to help correct one mistake you made:

Typically Market Research is done in Major cities that have a big Market for Shoes Sales...New York, DC, California, Chicago and Atlanta..
This is a state. Haha. Just to prove to the major corporate people i catch and correct any mistake i possibly can.

My answers will be short and to the point. Like an interview is handled.

Answer every question in complete sentence form. Like i was taught.

-My impact on Jordan brand is the same way its impact has on me. To be the best athlete using the best shoe available to me; to becomethe best of my sport. Make the best of my skill make the shoe i wear appear as the best as well; a complimentary appearence.

-The product i tend to purchase are both Team and Signature. I purchase the signature shoe to occasional casual wear OR if not occasionalcasual wear; use to perform in the sport of basktball. The air jordan signature shoe has always self-acclaimed itslef to be the top performing shoe available;hence the price. Also the signature has a timeless and classic look; which made it an exclusive shoe. The signature shoes of the 80s-90s are still beingrecognized and looked at today as a fashionable shoe - supported by why i wear for occasional casual wear.

The Team shoes are religiously worn as a training/sport-performing accessory. I trust the name behind the Team Jordan as a quality performing shoe. Boughtusually when the appearence is sleek and durable.

- I am a consumer of the Three labeled categories above. Sneakerhead/Athlete first; and casual consumer last.

An inspirational design of a shoe combining these three profiles would make JB continue its legacy in the future.

- Ive seen Michael Jordan play live one time. An unforgettable moment of my life.

Watched him live on television since 1993. I was infatuated ever since.

Definetley appreciate being able to witness the greatest athlete in sports LIVE.

5. How Tall are you?

I am 6 foot tall.

- I do purchase Team products. If i didnt, the appearence wasnt attractive.

- The Team products appeal to me because of the reputation of being a durable, and quality athletic shoe to use while training andincreasing skill.

-My favorite technology has always been Visible Air-Sole. Also the Zoom-Air technology.

-My favorite material to wear while playing basketball is the Original Leather and Suede used on the products from the early years of'84-97.

I like the current nubuck used on todays shoes to wear Casually. HATE the tumbled leather used today. Grade of F+.

10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite areaof mine)

- IF i played football aggresively as before; i would love to see improvement on ankle support and traction. Two most important aspectsof a football-shoe.

I currently live in Daly City California (suberb of SF), where i see kids as young as 6 wearing Air Jordan's. I would love to invitenon-NT users as well as myself to Volunteer in Focus Groups to research and improve the state-of-mind of shoe-wearers.

-JB PLEASE STOP WORRYING ABOUT OG COLLECTORS AND THEIR SUPPOSED WORRYS OF KEEPING THE RETROS AS CLOSE AS THE OG AS POSSIBLE. I know a fewOG collectors myself and they would love to witness the Retros released just the originals were.

We WANT NIKE AIR BACKKK!!!!
happy.gif

13. Age

I am 21 years old....

I help fund new product and Nike by purchasing insane amounts of shoes every year from them.
Signature, Decent Retro, and Nike Player Sigs
I'm a casual athlete and a full-time sneakerhead.
I have seen him live tons of times. Usually only in the finals though cuz I didn't have cable tv.
5. How Tall are you?
5'11''
There are so many shoes put out from the retro, sig, and nike lines that I spend all my money on those shoes. Plus team shoes just don't do it for mealthough they have been getting a lil bit better.
There probably isn't anything that would get me to wear them. They would have to get rid of nikes, jordan sigs, and retro's. Essentially they'rethe last thing I'd buy.
Zoom Air - Specifically Double Stacked Zoom
For basketball def leather - Casually either leather or suede/nubuck
I don't play football
Yes - I'm willing and could get people involved. Either in Lincoln, NE or Orlando, FL
I like the package idea to a certain extent but there needs to be a better way of distribution (Like send some to Lincoln,NE) and I think they should up theproduction numbers a small percentage and should have spread out the releases to like every 3 months with single released shoes in between. Also stop with thisgimmick Spizike, Fusion, DTRT, super limited shoes. They make your company look cheap and I don't buy any of them which I consider to be garbage.
13. Age
I'm 23 yrs old

I contribute to JB by buying alot of the shoes they bring out

I purchase mostly signatures but now and then i do get some team jordans

Im a sneakerhead and i play ball regularly so i guess im an athlete to

Yes Ive seen him many times on TV he was my favorite player and my favorite team of the 90s

5. How Tall are you?
5'10

I do purchase

Better looking shoes with better performance put in

Foamposite and Zoom Air

For basketball probably foamposite and for casual i like tumbled leather

If i do play football its not serious so i never wear cleats

Yea

Stop putting out so many products JB i cant keep up

13. Age

Keep them coming guys. The answers are very interesting and candid and alot well thought out.

As a consumer of Jordan Brand/Nike i tend to buy anything that sticks out in my opinion. I like the colorways JB has used in past years but there hasbeen certain models that I have refused to feed into (ie. AF12's). I think the shoes that JB puts out in recent memory have severely weakened their legacyon the shoe industry. I have always bought retros, and some teams shoes once in a while. Obviously, JB would be nothing without my many purchases over theyears. They depend on me the consumer to purchase their products.

I mostly purchase Signature releases and some team shoes once in a while if they catch my eye and are comfortable and I know i will wear them.

I am an athlete as well as a sneakerhead.

As the years go on, I can always remember those special Michael Jordan moments on television. I grew up watching the Chicago Bulls, collecting MichaelJordan basketball cards, Michael Jordan memoribilia (sp?), one of my prized possessions is something my grandfather purchased for me and that was an authenticsigned Michael Jordan autograph from the Dream Team. So yes, i have seen MJ play many many times on the televison.

5. How Tall are you?

6'2

Many times the team products are not that comfortable, they seem to scrimp on the product when they make team JB products. However, the recent12.5's are amazing on the basketball court. I love the way they feel in terms of technology. Another reason as to why i often do not purchase team JBproducts is because they do not appeal to me as a consumer and do not target me specifically.

I think more variety in terms of not putting just numbered retros together to make a shoe. Make something original and worth my money. I woulddefinitely wear team shoes if they put more thought into it.

I think my favorite technology would have to be Zoom Air used in the 12's and the IPS technology used in the 21's and 22's.

I would prefer leather on the basketball court.
I would prefer to wear suede/nubuck when casually wearing a JB product.

N/A

I would be willing to volunteer to participate in focus groups. I think it is important to understand what the consumer besides myself thinks ofdifferent products especially Jordan Brand. What appeals to them? What makes them purchase something? Why? Does price matter?

No other comments on this...

13. Age

1. I buy what I like, signature or team.

2. Mostly signature.

3. Previously a sneakerhead and athlete (basketball, football, hockey, golf), now just hockey and golf. Definitely still a sneakerhead, though.

4. I've seen MJ many times in person and on TV. Met him on a few occasions at the Mario Lemieux Golf Tournament that used to be held here in Pittsburgh.

5. I'm 6'7", size 15.

6. N/A

7. N/A

8. Zoom Air, by far. Especially in the TW golf shoes (last couple of years, anyways)

9. Tumbled leather

10. N/A (too old for Jordan cleats)

11. Yes, and I'd be willing to help set up with the "random" sample. (I'm a mathematician)

12. N/A

13. 33 years old

Unfortunately, I don't think I have much of an impact on Jordan products anymore. The brand doesn't care about me because I am from the OGgeneration. They have moved on to the new generation of kids and sneaker "collectors."

I only purchase Signature shoes (the only real Air Jordans) and retros of Signature shoes.

Sneakerhead

Yes, many times. I saw him live only once (my firlfreind at the time was living in Chicago during graduate school and she bought me tickets to a Bullsgame so I could see him live).

5. How Tall are you?

5'8"

Theam Jordans are the cheap alternative to the Air Jordan. I started wearing Air Jordans in 8th grade when the III's came out. Team Jordans cameout as a low price alternative for those that could not afford real Air Jordans. I see the market for them and think it was a good move, but I never have andwill NEVER purchase a Team Jordan.

Nothing. I know this is not a real answer to your question but read my response to your question 6. In my mind there is a stigma that goes along withTeam Jordans.

Nike Air.

I'm open to new things with respect to materials used in a shoe.

N/A

I would be willing to participate in focus groups.

The only real comment I'd add is that its a real shame where this company is heading. The whole company was built on people like me and now thecompany is abandoning me for the 17 year old kid that "collects" sneakers as a fad. When I was yonger, Jordan products were never limited. The factthat I can't just walk into a sneaker store and find every Air Jordan that comes out is a pathetic marketing ploy. Coming out with a limited XX3 was thenail in the coffin in my eyes.

13. Age

None. It seems as if JB caters to the customer who loves to camp out and DS their shoes. They are manufacturing hype by strategically limitingor allocating their products and hoping to achieve an underground/internet swell of excitement. Commericial marketing is over. Once they realized that theycould just dangle a piece of meat in front of thousands of wolves, they have solely relied on this to maintain interest in their company. Quality, creativity,and fan appreciation are gone. I am only a lifelong customer that has been turned off by JB becoming part of the "shoe game." Customers like me,from the OG generation (not exclusively), usually demand a certain standard for the product they've been asked to graciously overpay for. Obviously, thatvoice is irrelevant now. But we should understand, its a business, right? Insulting...

Signature and retros. I loved the idea of Teams during its inception, but it hasn't worked out so well.

Fomer casual athlete and sneakehead, now I'm somewhere between head and casual consumer.

Live, about 7 times at the old Chicago Stadium. Television, damn near his whole career.

5. How Tall are you?
5' 10

They rely on design cues from sigs, automatically making them a takedown shoe. Also, they shouldn't be in the same price range as Nikespremier bball products. They can't compete.

Original designs, cheaper price points.

Zoom Air.

Bball, full grain leather. Casually, whatever looks good.

n/a

I would be willing to participate. There has to be some incentive for me to seek out others, to basically do JB's work for them.

Hovkid pretty much summed up my feelings. This company has moved on from its longtime supporters in hopes of making its mark in the shoe "game." Ican understand, though I disagree, with the whole limiting retros thing, but when they decided to limit the xx3's, that was the last straw. I'm hopingthat they can get it together before they're done with the 23's. Colorways need to have some personality. We don't need lifeless colorways likethe white/stealth. Creativity should shine through with these release. Availability should be plentiful. The 23's are now considered "hot",goal accomplished. Everything else is gravy from here, gimmicks are no longer needed. Reward your fan base that aren't able to camp out 3 days for thosepremiers by giving us the Ray Allen AllStar PE's or something with the similar color blocking.

Basically, the handling of the 23 from this point on will determine my support for this company in the future. This should've been a celebratory release,but it has been anything but. Add this to the mockey of reason that is called the Countdown Packs, I am getting comfortable with the idea of not spending myhard earned money with this company that no longer feels they need to earn my support. I had og Jordan 1's in 1st grade and at least 1 colorway of eachsig since, minus the V. If its my time to move on, fine. But do you really want to alienate lifelong customers? So far, the direction has been betweenclueless and arrogant, so I can only assume your answer is "whatever."

13. Age

Originally Posted by HOVKid

The only real comment I'd add is that its a real shame where this company is heading. The whole company was built on people like me and now the company is abandoning me for the 17 year old kid that "collects" sneakers as a fad. When I was yonger, Jordan products were never limited. The fact that I can't just walk into a sneaker store and find every Air Jordan that comes out is a pathetic marketing ploy. Coming out with a limited XX3 was the nail in the coffin in my eyes.

-well said.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Unfortunately, I don't think I have much of an impact on Jordan products anymore. The brand doesn't care about me because I am from the OG generation. They have moved on to the new generation of kids and sneaker "collectors."

Theam Jordans are the cheap alternative to the Air Jordan. I started wearing Air Jordans in 8th grade when the III's came out. Team Jordans came out as a low price alternative for those that could not afford real Air Jordans. I see the market for them and think it was a good move, but I never have and will NEVER purchase a Team Jordan.

Nothing. I know this is not a real answer to your question but read my response to your question 6. In my mind there is a stigma that goes along with Team Jordans.

The only real comment I'd add is that its a real shame where this company is heading. The whole company was built on people like me and now the company is abandoning me for the 17 year old kid that "collects" sneakers as a fad. When I was yonger, Jordan products were never limited. The fact that I can't just walk into a sneaker store and find every Air Jordan that comes out is a pathetic marketing ploy. Coming out with a limited XX3 was the nail in the coffin in my eyes.

^ Nothing but pathetic WHINING and CRYING from this guy. At least you're consistent.

Back
Top Bottom