***SWAT Teams Responding to shooting in Binghamton, NY****

No link yet, but it's on MSNBC!!

4 people shot, 20 people have been taken hostage..

Edit:[h3]By WBNG News
[/h3]
Story Created: Apr 3, 2009 at 11:12 AM EDT

Story Updated: Apr 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM EDT

Binghamton Police have surrounded 131 Front Street, the American Civic Association. Action News crews on the scene say they saw people being carried out of the building. Scanner reports say there are 41 people inside the building, with as many as 4 people shot.

Scanner reports say a man went into the building and started shooting.
When the shooting started, people inside escaped to the basement in search of safety. More than a dozen people are hiding in a closet, for more than an hour now. Emergency dispatchers are in contact with some people inside by phone. Police have sent some people to Wilson and Lourdes Hospital, and have requested ambulances to the scene.

Police have shut down Court Street heading west at Water Street. They have also closed Main Street at Murray Street. Binghamton High School has locked down the school, and will not allow students out for lunch.

Action News has crews on the scene and will bring you up to date details as soon as they are available.

American Civic Association building...At least 20 hostages are being held in the basement

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/03/binghampton.shooting/index.html

[h1]Official: Hostages held after 'multiple' shootings[/h1]

1.gif

corner_dg_BL.gif

corner_dg_TL.gif

text_size.gif

txt_minus.gif
txt_minus_dn_.gif

txt_plus.gif
txt_plus_dn.gif

(CNN) -- Authorities are at the scene of a building in Binghamton, New York, where there are "multiple" shooting victims and hostages are being held, a county spokesman said.

Broome County Director of Emergency Services Brett Chellis said there is an "active" shooting situation at the American Civic Association, and that several law enforcement agencies are at the scene.

Chellis did not provide numbers of victims or hostages, and had no further details.

Pressconnects.com, a local media Web site, said at least four people were shot and about 20 people had been taken hostage.

Binghamton is about 75 miles south of Syracuse, New York.

According to the United Way of Broome County Web site, the civic association assists immigrants and refugees with immigration and personal counseling, resettlement, citizenship, family reunification.

More than a dozen people are hiding in a closet, for more than an hour now.

Why would they report this?????? What if the gunman has a phone with internet on it or something??? That seems really stupid to release those details to me.

eek.gif

I have a bunch of friends who go to SUNY Binghamton. I hope they are safe.

I pray that none of the victims are people I know personally.

Regardless...

My prayers are with everyone involved.....

Originally Posted by bkmac

eek.gif

Same here and this is just the day I don't have my phone with me at work.

art.binghamption.hostage.wbng.jpg

art.binghampton.police.wbng.jpg

Pics up on CNN...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by bkmac

eek.gif

Same here and this is just the day I don't have my phone with me at work.
Surprised no one has posted on their Facebook status about the situation. They must be on lockdown or whatnot in the college. I know a High Schoolin the area is in lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom