System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Originally Posted by schmalzilla

I hate long shorts. Im 5'10 and it sucks having shorts at your ankles

And I'm 6'8 and I hate having most shorts not even reach the top of my knee.  It sucks looking like you'r stuck in the mid-80s when it comes to shorts.

Its legit I put a few cats from the thread onto this site with the black Kentucky shorts already.

laugh.gif
My man got the sega hooked up.

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by schmalzilla

I hate long shorts. Im 5'10 and it sucks having shorts at your ankles

And I'm 6'8 and I hate having most shorts not even reach the top of my knee.  It sucks looking like you'r stuck in the mid-80s when it comes to shorts.

Exactly....... at least shorter people and roll up there shorts or hem (sp) them up to be shorter, but if the shorts are too short for tall people....... we have NO options.

Crazy............. yea man...... Super Street Figther 2 is a classic and is great with the 6 button controller.
wink.gif

Im 5'7'' n rock XLs in SOD shorts

I been crying for big shorts for years ever since mid 90s lil point guards in College was rockin huge shorts.

I started on XXL but they are to wide look like hammer pants on me lol dont mind tha length and the fact that there really light material makes them perfect I just fold over the waistband one time.

People can clown me for huge shorts all they want but 2 inches below tha knee is my prefered length and thas the look I like Im built thick so aint like sticks comein out tha bottom ofem lol.

Who remembers when KG n Starbury were gettin fined back in  96-97 for wearing huge shorts? man tha NBA sucked for doin that n bringin in that dumb rule.

Peace
Scottie

thanks Scottie........ i totally agree.......... when college/NBA had huge shorts i loved how they looked. Its so comfortable to me, and being 6'4" with long legs (no momo.... big backside and thighs for a slim guy).... it is VERY hard to find shorts to fit the way i want. Like Scottie said...... 2 inches below the knee is prefered for my shorts to flow the way i want them to. Width of the shoes is important as well.

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Who remembers when KG n Starbury were gettin fined back in  96-97 for wearing huge shorts? man tha NBA sucked for doin that n bringin in that dumb rule.

Peace
Scottie

they didn't add a rule, they enforced the existing rule that shorts should land 2 inches above the knee.

Kobe and Shaq were bringing in the fines, too for wearing shorts that were too long.

so I think the conclusion is that Nike/JB needs to make authentic shorts in both long, and normal lengths!

Originally Posted by manamazing55

so I think the conclusion is that Nike/JB needs to make authentic shorts in both long, and normal lengths!
Or you could just stick with replicas. Better luck that way.

Was tonight the first time Texas wore the new SOD stuff or have I just not been paying attention?

yea....... the replicas are shorter........ and tonite was the first time Texas for the new SODs stuff. Im not a fan of them. I wonder what they are going to do with the odd uni's.......hmmmmm

Texas' uni were awful. first i hate polka dots. second, every team we have seen that is coming out with new ones (ie. Zags, Cuse, UCONN) all have the dots. thrid, the shorts are so thin you can see the guys undershorts or compression shorts. when the cameras were up close it wasnt as noticeable, but when they showed the game in real time from the side, you could tell a difference between their tops and shorts. fourth i hate the tribal design they throw on the back of the jerseys, a la Duke's home unis. awful.

i will say, i liked the old school "TEXAS" font and logo they used on the front of the jerseys.  i also liked the warm up jackets or shotting shirts they had.  looked better than the ones every team has with the diagonal line going across them with the logo on the shoulder, imo.

Texas' uni were awful. first i hate polka dots. second, every team we have seen that is coming out with new ones (ie. Zags, Cuse, UCONN) all have the dots. thrid, the shorts are so thin you can see the guys undershorts or compression shorts. when the cameras were up close it wasnt as noticeable, but when they showed the game in real time from the side, you could tell a difference between their tops and shorts. fourth i hate the tribal design they throw on the back of the jerseys, a la Duke's home unis. awful.

The tribal design is horrible, I agree. The shorts did seem really thin but I thought the fact that they were white didn't hurt that at all.

Am I the only person who gets annoyed when watching Adidas schools play on TV because of how their jerseys are cut? Nikes just seem so much more clean compared to the old cuts.

Why do they need "lighter" uniforms? I mean really, if you have ever held a team issue jersey or pair of shorts, they don't feel heavy at all.
Nike has already done away with the inside liner on the team issue shorts, heck, you can even see through the white ones a little! Do they want the uniforms so light that the players feel naked?
On a personal note, I like the feel of "heavier" or lined, shorts. The heft gives them a good 'swing' when you are playing.

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Why do they need "lighter" uniforms? I mean really, if you have ever held a team issue jersey or pair of shorts, they don't feel heavy at all.
Nike has already done away with the inside liner on the team issue shorts, heck, you can even see through the white ones a little! Do they want the uniforms so light that the players feel naked?
On a personal note, I like the feel of "heavier" or lined, shorts. The heft gives them a good 'swing' when you are playing.

i agree.  i prefer the "swing" in my shorts.

Does anyone know if the Black Kentucky uni's posted by the other user are legit or not?

Meister.

I wanna get some new SODs but can't decide which ones I want. I need some black/red ones.

wait so are you guys saying that the new SODs (like cuse, zags, texas and uconn) are different than the regular ones they had been wearing?

New Kentucky S.O.D.

Not my pics BTW, just came across them.
wink.gif

2j32n9v.jpg

4syzdi.jpg

nv1nnt.jpg

23mnayo.jpg

ocsd4.jpg

2ywvc5i.jpg

First impression...I love the shorts, the back design on the jerseys is cool with the wildcat, championship years, and Memorial Hall from campus.  Overall I like Nike's step towards the personalization, really cool in my opinion.  Can't wait to see the other school's.

I like the Championship years and Memorial Hall on the back, but I am sorry from those angles, the shorts look lame.

Holy #!#% those UK shorts are ugly. 
sick.gif

What's up with these damn holes/dot, Nike?

i wonder how thin the material is. i like my shorts to have a certain amount of "baggyness" (not sure if thats the right word)

Back
Top Bottom