System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

New Cal uniforms

These are the best HE shorts i have seen in a while.

Didn't know CAL got new unis.

Kinda mad they went away from the Bear silhouette and basically jacked the Grizzlies logo
laugh.gif

The shorts do look clean tho.

Didn't know CAL got new unis.

Kinda mad they went away from the Bear silhouette and basically jacked the Grizzlies logo :lol:

The shorts do look clean tho.

I'm not into this new rebranded look they have....guess it will just have to grow on me

Anyone know if Nike released these UofO shorts to the public?

Not yet but you can expect this year's releases to drop in the next month or so. Could be part of the 2013-2014 mix. If any one gets a sniff of the new releases please post the link.

I could do without the pockets and the extra $20 price tag too. If you wait it out, you can usually get them on sale or get a 20% code to ease the $ blow. Curious to see what teams have new looks -- hoping they release G-Town grays this year. Liked the Navy from 12-13 but not a fan of the white. G-Town's signature is grays so give us grays!

there's really not much mystery behind it. college licensing is very expensive with little return.

Nike scaled back the number of smaller teams it sponsors and along with that limited the available gear for the small schools.

i know it's not the answer you want, but it's the reality of the business.

Yeah I finally was able to get ahold of some gray nevada's from the Luke Babbitt era thanks to chloeballin [emoji]128513[/emoji] ... Still gonna stay on the hunt for Wyoming and San Jose State ... Along with some Montana, Penn State gray, and UNLV black

San Diego State is getting new Bball uniforms this year...hopefully gonna be a step up from what we've had since we signed with Nike

Anyone have eyes or links for new shorts for sale this year yet? Usually see those drop on or around Nov. 1.

I've been checking sites daily this week and nothing new yet. Should be anytime if they are dropping this year - I wonder if Nike killed the market for these after last year's awful shorts?

Let's hope for a comeback year in 2013-2014. Killed me that they didn't do G-Town Shorts in grey last year. Holding out hope they come through with colorway this season.

Still not seeing any new shorts this year - anyone else?? Starting to think that maybe NIKE scrapped them after last year - I can't imagine last year's shorts sold very well.

I've seen nothing but it looks like all Nike college hoops products have been slow to hit the usual websites. NDC has had a slow trickle but nothing on Eastbay, Footlocker, Fanatics yet. Find it hard to believe Nike would walk away from producing college shorts and jerseys -- seems like too big of business to completely scrap. I know school bookstores have started to carry new product so hopefully we'll see a wave of stuff drop in the next few days, weeks.

Hopefully they're taking their time to remove the pockets from all these shorts lol.  

Nike damn well may have killed the market temporarily.  Pockets and very flimsy/thin/cheap-feeling shorts for $80?  I know I didn't buy a single pair last year.  Even the game used/team issue market is dead for HE stuff.  I see team issued stuff from top schools going for under $100 all the time on eBay.  I saw a pair of mint UConn game-used HE's go for $35 a few months ago lol.  Five years ago it'd be going for $250 minimum.  

The original allure of these shorts was that they were higher quality, thicker shorts than your average plain old Nike basketball shorts.  Now they're the same, just thin, flimsy shorts.  Not to mention the styles of the shorts was much better 5-10 years ago.  Why pay a premium for these now?

If Nike ditched the pockets and came out with some quality, new designs I'd start purchasing again when they went on sale under $60.  I'll never pay retail for these, it's not even close to being worth it.

Last edited:
Well said Lefty. The higher quality is what turned me on to the game worn shorts (I'm wearing a 2008 game worn Bama pair as I type this).
I won't buy any HE game worns either - not to mention the store models with pockets.

Back
Top Bottom