T-Mobile iPhone 5- NOW AVAILABLE

Are you getting the iPhone now that it's finally on T-Mobile??

• Yes finally!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm good.

• Let's see what the 5s brings...

• Total voters
Where they do that at?
Foxconn.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Did dude really just ask if the whole phone was aluminum tho?  
mean.gif

I have Tmobile..currently have the S2 and love it. Dnt even want the S3 or even S4. This iPhone deal seems like a rip off. No way im paying 600 (in total) for a iPhone. And their new "upgrade" system seems like complete trash :smh: :smh:

You are paying for the phone either way. With T-Mobile they are just being upfront and not signing you to a contract. Plus it still ends up being a savings each month. T-Mobile is also going to have a trade in program. So say you have the phone a year and the new iPhone rolls out, instead of still having a year in your contract left, you can trade your old one in and then get a new phone.

People need to get over the sticker shock of paying full price for a phone, subsidies are a joke. Like I said, them giving you a break in price up front but signing you to a 2 year contract is how they make money. Why do you think the early termination fee for Verizon starts at $350? So they can make back some of that money from giving you such "great" deal on a phone.

laugh.gif
Samsungs are actually "hypebeast" phones these days...so...
I guarantee you tht samsung galaxy 3 , much less the 4 , is a better phone than the iPhone 5 mann . It has way more features , cost less , and more durable , etc.
I guarantee you tht iphone 5, much less the 4 , is a better phone than the samsung galaxy 3 mann . It has way more features , cost less , and more durable , etc.
hypebeast logic

screw tmobile, if i cant get my iphone 5 for 200-300 then screw them im leaving.

You are paying for the phone either way. With T-Mobile they are just being upfront and not signing you to a contract. Plus it still ends up being a savings each month. T-Mobile is also going to have a trade in program. So say you have the phone a year and the new iPhone rolls out, instead of still having a year in your contract left, you can trade your old one in and then get a new phone.

People need to get over the sticker shock of paying full price for a phone, subsidies are a joke. Like I said, them giving you a break in price up front but signing you to a 2 year contract is how they make money. Why do you think the early termination fee for Verizon starts at $350? So they can make back some of that money from giving you such "great" deal on a phone.
How are subsidies a joke? How is paying full price the same as paying discounted price under a 2 year contract? Just because under a contract theres an ETF? What if you dont plan on switching carriers? And I actually would live if you answered maybe I'm missing something.

besides contractual freedom, which is worth a lot I admit, how can paying full price for a phone be more beneficial than subsidies?

currently i have verizon and am waiting to switch to my moms tmobile plan. I wanna have a plan in mind when switching

screw tmobile, if i cant get my iphone 5 for 200-300 then screw them im leaving.

the big 3 love people like you for not realizing that you're paying for your phone through your monthly phone bill

iPhones are the hypebeast of phones as Jordans are to shoes . I'm over them . Gonna get tht samsung galaxy IV .

:lol: Samsungs are actually "hypebeast" phones these days...so...

says the guy who said this:

More unwanted people with iPhones yay

the big 3 love people like you for not realizing that you're paying for your phone through your monthly phone bill
Are u referring to their high rates? Then i guess its true but now tmobile basically forcing you to pay full price for the phone evens it out

I work for T-Mobile. We just rolled out new plans Sunday where everything is no contract, and then we finance you the phone for a down payment and then how ever much a month. But here's the catch, to get the phone for the $99 down payment you have to be "Well Qualified" credit class A,B, or C. Otherwise you pay much more up front. For instance right now we have the Galaxy S III for $69 down and 12.5 a month Well Qualified....I haven't had one person qualified for credit class A,B, or C. So just about every person I've tried to help, and this is including people trying to Upgrade/Migrate over, had to pay $249 down and $7.50 a month. Soo unless you have extremely good credit then you're not getting the iPhone 5 for $99.
Why has no one commented on this??

So basically we'll all still end up paying the same upfront costs and pay for it on our bill's as well. Roger that.

I just left t-mobile and hopped on my boys AT&T plan to get an iphone.

Dont regret it, i had **** service with T-Mobile. :smokin

:rofl: :rofl:

Did dude really just ask if the whole phone was aluminum tho?  :smh:

Read the convo :smh:

Dude said his iPhone was aluminum after other dude said the glass cracks if you drop it once.

every iPhone 5 i've seen has glass so I was wondering what the hell his point was.

Are u referring to their high rates? Then i guess its true but now tmobile basically forcing you to pay full price for the phone evens it out
Dawg, DO THE MATH.  Let me break it down for you like I had to for my 18-year old brother, who claims that since he's paying more on AT&T, he gets better service (LOL!!).

AT&T:

$199.99 for 16 GB iPhone 5 upfront

$89.99 per month for 450 minutes w/ Rollover, 3 GB data, unlimited messaging and unlimited calling to any mobile number

This comes out to $2359.75 before taxes/fees over the span of 24 months, including the initial $199.99 for the iPhone.

T-Mobile:

$579.99 for iPhone 5 (whether you pay it all up front or do the installment plan, this is the total price you'll pay)

$60 per month for unlimited minutes, messaging and 2.5 GB of data.  

This comes out to $2019.99 before taxes/fees over the span of 24 months, including the $579.99 for the iPhone.

And a few other factors:

-No contract at T-Mobile, which negates a possible ETF fee that starts at $325 at AT&T.  And obviously you can dip whenever you'd like.  

-Tethering is included, so no worries about getting hit with extra fees or getting canceled if you don't have a data plan that specifically includes tethering.

-Data is truly unlimited, so no worries about overage charges.  Sure, once you hit your cap, you're throttled down to 3G speeds (yes, this changed for T-Mobile since LTE is launched).  But you can use you phone without incurring extra fees.  

Bottomline:  people need to sit down and do the math before they start clowning this new plan.  It really will be cheaper for most people.  Of course someone will say that T-Mobile is garbage, to which I say don't use them then.  But for me, where I'm at, their service/coverage is excellent.  Go with what works for you best--for me, T-Mobile does the job and does it for less.  And with no contract.  
pimp.gif

I work for T-Mobile. We just rolled out new plans Sunday where everything is no contract, and then we finance you the phone for a down payment and then how ever much a month. But here's the catch, to get the phone for the $99 down payment you have to be "Well Qualified" credit class A,B, or C. Otherwise you pay much more up front. For instance right now we have the Galaxy S III for $69 down and 12.5 a month Well Qualified....I haven't had one person qualified for credit class A,B, or C. So just about every person I've tried to help, and this is including people trying to Upgrade/Migrate over, had to pay $249 down and $7.50 a month. Soo unless you have extremely good credit then you're not getting the iPhone 5 for $99.

So basically we'll all still end up paying the same upfront costs and pay for it on our bill's as well. Roger that.
Umm.....what?  If you qualify, you can pay $99 upfront for the iPhone.  If not, you'll pay more upfront.  So no--not everyone will pay the same upfront costs.  

And common sense says that if you pay more upfront, your monthly fee for the phone would be less, right?  So the guy that puts down $99 upfront will pay more monthly than the guy that throws down $300.  How is this hard to understand?  

ok but my bill is already high on tmobile, im getting nothing out of it and no iphone.

what do you want me to tell you?

ill pay what i pay now as long as i have an iphone for a fair price.

if i knew id have to pay $600 for an iphone 5 then i would have bought one a LONG time ago

What I meant to say was "more people who can't afford anything other than t-mobile will finally think they're doing it".

Go back to your Android thread boy.

Tmobile is fasing out the 2 yr contracts. Moving to a more cricket like approach. Don't blame em.

Umm.....what?  If you qualify, you can pay $99 upfront for the iPhone.  If not, you'll pay more upfront.  So no--not everyone will pay the same upfront costs.  

And common sense says that if you pay more upfront, your monthly fee for the phone would be less, right?  So the guy that puts down $99 upfront will pay more monthly than the guy that throws down $300.  How is this hard to understand?  
mmmmm I didnt put any numbers in my post, nothing you stated refutes what I said. My point really was, all this talk about 99 this and that is mute because in the first 72 hours that employee didn't see a single customer who qualified for ANY credit class. Granted we do not know where his store is, but I find that a bit alarming.

Carry on...

:lol: Samsungs are actually "hypebeast" phones these days...so...
I guarantee you tht samsung galaxy 3 , much less the 4 , is a better phone than the iPhone 5 mann . It has way more features , cost less , and more durable , etc.
So why are you in a t-mobile iphone thread trying to preach to people? Enjoy your phone and shut up. Fanboys are annoying no matter what company they live and die for.

What I meant to say was "more people who can't afford anything other than t-mobile will finally think they're doing it".

Go back to your Android thread boy.

Are you insinuating that iPhone = doin' it?

Or do you mean paying more for an iPhone = doin' it?

Back
Top Bottom