T-Mobile iPhone 5- NOW AVAILABLE

Are you getting the iPhone now that it's finally on T-Mobile??

• Yes finally!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm good.

• Let's see what the 5s brings...

• Total voters
People that have been stuck to T-Mobile and not haven't been able to get an iPhone will finally get one and post pictures online "got DAT iPhone tho". Like its something special to have a 6 month old device. That's what I meant. Didn't think it was that hard to understand.

I work for T-Mobile. We just rolled out new plans Sunday where everything is no contract, and then we finance you the phone for a down payment and then how ever much a month. But here's the catch, to get the phone for the $99 down payment you have to be "Well Qualified" credit class A,B, or C. Otherwise you pay much more up front. For instance right now we have the Galaxy S III for $69 down and 12.5 a month Well Qualified....I haven't had one person qualified for credit class A,B, or C. So just about every person I've tried to help, and this is including people trying to Upgrade/Migrate over, had to pay $249 down and $7.50 a month. Soo unless you have extremely good credit then you're not getting the iPhone 5 for $99.

Why has no one commented on this??

So basically we'll all still end up paying the same upfront costs and pay for it on our bill's as well. Roger that.

Umm.....what?  If you qualify, you can pay $99 upfront for the iPhone.  If not, you'll pay more upfront.  So no--not everyone will pay the same upfront costs.  

And common sense says that if you pay more upfront, your monthly fee for the phone would be less, right?  So the guy that puts down $99 upfront will pay more monthly than the guy that throws down $300.  How is this hard to understand?  

mmmmm I didnt put any numbers in my post, nothing you stated refutes what I said. My point really was, all this talk about 99 this and that is mute because in the first 72 hours that employee didn't see a single customer who qualified for ANY credit class. Granted we do not know where his store is, but I find that a bit alarming.

Carry on...

I see what you're saying, but the happenings at one store, from one employee probably isn't a good representation of the credit program. I wouldn't take that scenario then say that we're all gonna pay the same up front.

People that have been stuck to T-Mobile and not haven't been able to get an iPhone will finally get one and post pictures online "got DAT iPhone tho". Like its something special to have a 6 month old device. That's what I meant. Didn't think it was that hard to understand.
Whatever, let people get geeked about their purchases.

the big 3 love people like you for not realizing that you're paying for your phone through your monthly phone bill
says the guy who said this:

What I meant to say was "more people who can't afford anything other than t-mobile will finally think they're doing it".

Go back to your Android thread boy.

Are you insinuating that iPhone = doin' it?

Or do you mean paying more for an iPhone = doin' it?
or is he saying that only broke people go to tmobile?..

As opposed to the people on Verizon, Sprint and AT&T that did the same thing 6 months ago? Yeah, they're all idiots.

It. Is. A. Phone.

ok but my bill is already high on tmobile, im getting nothing out of it and no iphone.

what do you want me to tell you?

ill pay what i pay now as long as i have an iphone for a fair price.

if i knew id have to pay $600 for an iphone 5 then i would have bought one a LONG time ago

Well I am guessing that you are on a classic plan. That is why your bill is currently higher. If it has been 18months since your last phone upgrade, you can migrate to the new Value plans for no migration fee, then start the EIP. You can get Unlimited everything for $70/mo, then factor in your EIP. If you pay more down, say 200-300 like you originally thought your cost of the phone would be, your monthly installment on the phone is going to be much lower than $20/mo. So you are still looking at a monthly bill that would be quite a bit lower than if you were going with ATT or Verizon. And most importantly, you get truly unlimited 4G, no caps, no overage, and no throttling if you choose the $20/mo unlimited data.

How are subsidies a joke? How is paying full price the same as paying discounted price under a 2 year contract? Just because under a contract theres an ETF? What if you dont plan on switching carriers? And I actually would live if you answered maybe I'm missing something.

besides contractual freedom, which is worth a lot I admit, how can paying full price for a phone be more beneficial than subsidies?

currently i have verizon and am waiting to switch to my moms tmobile plan. I wanna have a plan in mind when switching

The cost of the plan, including the EIP is still cheaper than going the old way of buying a phone at a subsidize price and paying a higher rate plan.

The biggest selling point to me is this:
No contracts give you more freedom, instead of waiting 22 months to qualify for a full upgrade price, you can change phones when you want. T-Mobile is creating a trade in program to make this more feasible, so that you don't have to pay off the full remaining cost on your EIP if you decide you want a new phone before you are done paying off your current one.
How many people on here get a new phone every year, hell the apple fanboys are always copping the new iPhone ever year, android fans, some are copping multiple different phones per year. This caters to people like that, that want the freedom and flexibility to keep up with technology and not have to keep renewing contracts.

What I meant to say was "more people who can't afford anything other than t-mobile will finally think they're doing it".

Go back to your Android thread boy.
Wait so, there's something...wrong with paying less? 

Those people paying next to nothing on prepaid and still have iphones are the ones who are really doing it. 

Unless your getting a a different point.

The cost of the plan, including the EIP is still cheaper than going the old way of buying a phone at a subsidize price and paying a higher rate plan.

The biggest selling point to me is this:
No contracts give you more freedom, instead of waiting 22 months to qualify for a full upgrade price, you can change phones when you want. T-Mobile is creating a trade in program to make this more feasible, so that you don't have to pay off the full remaining cost on your EIP if you decide you want a new phone before you are done paying off your current one.
How many people on here get a new phone every year, hell the apple fanboys are always copping the new iPhone ever year, android fans, some are copping multiple different phones per year. This caters to people like that, that want the freedom and flexibility to keep up with technology and not have to keep renewing contracts.

You work at T-Mobile too huh, I just finished my training on this stuff last week.

Wait so, there's something...wrong with paying less? 

Those people paying next to nothing on prepaid and still have iphones are the ones who are really doing it. 

Unless your getting a a different point.

There's nothing wrong with paying less if you're getting a good network and quality reception. T-Mobile is HORRIBLE here, and always has been. They've done nothing to improve their coverage what so ever. Ill pay an extra $15-20 a month to have my phone work when I need it to.

It depends on the user. I'm on the go and need my phone to be able to make/receive calls and connect to the Internet if needed consistently.

Sounds like this will upset you :lol:

Crazy EBW...... Just stop it bro, you sound salty, mad, etc......

you make no sense, people are going to get whatever they want with whatever carrier they want.

Im on T-Mobile because thats what works for me, Best believe I can afford Verizon, AT&T or from personal experience garbage ***** Sprint.

You make it seem like only high class/ballers should have an iPhone on a Big3 carrier......

I'm not salty about anything. You must of not read what I said. It depends on the USER. Since T-Mobile works fine in your area then that's fine.

Y'all really looking into what I was saying way deeper than what it actually meant.

just got off the phone with tmobile and switched to the new plan. only difference is now i get 4.5GB of teathering for the same price as my old plan($90). pretty good deal when she broke it down to me. and she said the iphone 5 would be $100 upfront. $20 for 24months to pay off the rest of the phone. i was surprised because i thought i had to finish out my current contract (which doesnt end till Nov2014) or pay a fee before i could be get the iphone 5 with a upfront cost.

I did this not to long ago to get my note 2, i now have unlimited everything and my bill is cheaper.

Tmobile sucks in some areas, but my area is boomin and we got LTE :pimp:

I'm in baltimore. Tmobile is pretty bad where I live. Just joined verizon and signal is great in same places where tmobile wouldn't get 2 bars. Do what works for you. Don't try to keep up wit the next man

Buying an unlocked phone like a nexus 4 and going the $30 monthly plan is still the best option. $350 is hands down the best deal you can get for a brand new unlocked device.

Loving T-mobiles pricing. You actually save money if you hand down your phones to family members like I do.

Sadly T-mobiles coverage outside of major metropolitan areas is a JOKE. :x

so i asked my boy who works at tmo and he said that, the cheapest unlimited plan for the iphone is 70, plus the 99 down payment, its 20 dollars a month for the phone over 24 months, so its 70 + 20 = 90 before tax a month, if you do the math your going to pay 579 in total for the iphone..i think ill just keep an eye out on cl

Back
Top Bottom