T-Mobile iPhone 5- NOW AVAILABLE

Are you getting the iPhone now that it's finally on T-Mobile??

• Yes finally!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm good.

• Let's see what the 5s brings...

• Total voters
so is there a deposit or has it been confirmed thats thats the price without them having to do a credit check

only good thing about tmobile is i got 5GB of 4G data for $5 a month recently :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

now i just need to get a iphone 5 to use for cheap. Thought about buying the tmobile version but $580+tax.... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :smh:

WHAT THE ****! Me and my pops have been trying to pre order one of these since like noon today. Everytime we get to Step 2 "Select Device", it says "Our system are currently unable to respond. Please refresh the page or try again later." Refreshing the page does nothing and obviously I've tried again later :lol:. Any help?

just got off the phone with tmobile and switched to the new plan. only difference is now i get 4.5GB of teathering for the same price as my old plan($90). pretty good deal when she broke it down to me. and she said the iphone 5 would be $100 upfront. $20 for 24months to pay off the rest of the phone. i was surprised because i thought i had to finish out my current contract (which doesnt end till Nov2014) or pay a fee before i could be get the iphone 5 with a upfront cost.

How did you get that? I called today and was told I had to wait until my contract expired or pay a migration fee of $350 to the "no contract plan" and then pay for the phone itself. I could barely make out what the lady over the phone was saying but she didnt sound like she knew much.

How did you get that? I called today and was told I had to wait until my contract expired or pay a migration fee of $350 to the "no contract plan" and then pay for the phone itself. I could barely make out what the lady over the phone was saying but she didnt sound like she knew much.

The migration from Classic to Value is dependent on the last time you bought a subsidized phone. If it has been less than 18 months you would have to pay a fee to migrate over, basically getting back the cost of the phone you bought at a discounted price. You don't have to wait til your contract expires to move over, just have to wait until it has been 18 months since last upgrade on all your lines to avoid the fee.

I work for T-Mobile. We just rolled out new plans Sunday where everything is no contract, and then we finance you the phone for a down payment and then how ever much a month. But here's the catch, to get the phone for the $99 down payment you have to be "Well Qualified" credit class A,B, or C. Otherwise you pay much more up front. For instance right now we have the Galaxy S III for $69 down and 12.5 a month Well Qualified....I haven't had one person qualified for credit class A,B, or C. So just about every person I've tried to help, and this is including people trying to Upgrade/Migrate over, had to pay $249 down and $7.50 a month. Soo unless you have extremely good credit then you're not getting the iPhone 5 for $99.

You got your prices wrong b.
S3 is 70 then 20 per month and 249 then 12

I'm selling you a car.
You can either pay full retail price (I'll put you on a interest free payment plan) and you can use the car however you want.

Or, I'll give you a fat discount on the car, but you HAVE TO get all of your gas from a gas station that I own (I usually charge $3-$4 more dollars per gallon then my competitors). If later on you decide you don't want the car anymore you are going to pay a penalty.

I know there are flaws in this analogy, but some people seem confused on how you pay more for your phone and still save money.
If people can get over the sticker shock of paying 600. For a device we can pretty much kiss sprint goodbye.

if the 5s comin out this year shouldnt we wait cause the 5 price will go down :nerd: ...need an iphone again tired of android. dude that works for tmo whats the word on that?

The website is finally workin for me, but now it's saying that I have to pay ~$700 up front for the phone. It says that no monthly installments are available for the device :x.

Just come into a store.
I work at a Tmobile Corporate store and we're getting 180 in stock for launch day.

Im staying with the GS3 myself.
But this iPhone gonna make my commission check fat.

I have a question though..............what will stop people from getting the iPhone for $99 down and $20 a month, cancelling the no contract "contract" and just sell the phone and stop paying the $20 a month?

From what i understand, it only stays locked to t-mobile when you cancel the service and stop paying the monthly amount........it doesnt say you can just sell it and allow someone else to use it OR simply switch to straight talk and get the same service.

Any thoughts?

I have a question though..............what will stop people from getting the iPhone for $99 down and $20 a month, cancelling the no contract "contract" and just sell the phone and stop paying the $20 a month?

From what i understand, it only stays locked to t-mobile when you cancel the service and stop paying the monthly amount........it doesnt say you can just sell it and allow someone else to use it OR simply switch to straight talk and get the same service.

Any thoughts?
you still gotta pay for the phone...

Its like a car note...

Your credit will get DINGED HARD...

Collections... etc..

Also, you have to have good credit for the 99$ down....

Any thoughts?

It's locked period, you cant put another sim in there and think it's going to work. Once you put it in there they will track you because you now have a stolen phone :lol:

and when you sign up for the phone they do have your SSN so don't think it's not going to mess up your credit

Plenty of people do this, think they came up and then ruin their own credit.
Have fun with a telephone while you will no longer qualify for a home loan or car loan. lol.

if the 5s comin out this year shouldnt we wait cause the 5 price will go down :nerd: ...need an iphone again tired of android. dude that works for tmo whats the word on that?

price aint coming down unless you buy used.

look at tmobiles price of the 4S and 4.

comes out to almost 500 in total for the 4 :rofl:

Any thoughts?

its called BLACKLISTING!

the phone is then worthless since it cant be used

its called BLACKLISTING!

the phone is then worthless since it cant be used
But its only blacklisted if the phone is lost or stolen.......NOT if the contract just isnt completed.

THAT type of blacklisting is only completed on CDMA, not GSM.

It's locked period, you cant put another sim in there and think it's going to work. Once you put it in there they will track you because you now have a stolen phone :lol:

and when you sign up for the phone they do have your SSN so don't think it's not going to mess up your credit
But it says if you cancel the service, you can still pay the monthly amount for the PHONE.......and NOT pay for the service.....correct?

Why wouldnt anyone do that and just switch to straight talk?

for example.

Or am i misconstruing the rules i read previously?

Last edited:
unless things changed which I`m sure they might have but as long as you had a sim card you were good with GSM, dudes would see stolen phones all te time. CDMA they have a blacklist where device cant be activated.

Back
Top Bottom