T-Mobile iPhone 5- NOW AVAILABLE

Are you getting the iPhone now that it's finally on T-Mobile??

• Yes finally!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm good.

• Let's see what the 5s brings...

• Total voters
I was out the door when my homegirl said the 6 might be dropping in June. Should I not cop? I'm on a Blackberry Curve and I feel self-conscious when I whip it out, no 'mo.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either Upgrade the Bbery to the Z10, Grab a Nexus 4, Grab the Iphone 5 or try something new with the Lumia 820 or wait for the S4 or HTC One. Your at a crossroads with the Best phones and no matter where you go you can't go wrong. The BB Curve is Horrible by today's standard.

Currently posting on the 5. Just got it today, it's aight nothing special. Glad to be off edge and 3G. In Milwaukee at the moment and the internet is pretty fast I can't complain. As far as jailbreaking one rep told me they can notice when you do it and deactivate the phone to make it a brick. I doubt it but no need for me to jailbreak at the moment. Either way a phone is a phone.

Currently posting on the 5. Just got it today, it's aight nothing special. Glad to be off edge and 3G. In Milwaukee at the moment and the internet is pretty fast I can't complain. As far as jailbreaking one rep told me they can notice when you do it and deactivate the phone to make it a brick. I doubt it but no need for me to jailbreak at the moment. Either way a phone is a phone.

They can't tell if you jailbreak. Those clowns at the stores will tell you anything literally. That's why I shop online.

dumbest thing ive heard :rofl:

they cant tell anything and your phone will work just fine

****...tried to get it yesterday but im on a family plan and moms gotta be there for me to do the migration. dude wasnt gonna do it although i coulda called moms up n everything...said he aimt wannt get fired lol

^ In all fairness to those looking to use an iPhone 4/4S on T-Mobile, be aware that the cities and areas refarmed with the 1900 mhz frequency are far and few between at this point.  A lot of major cities have been taken care of, but even in those it can be spotty.

That's why getting a T-Mobile 5 makes the most sense to me.  There are no worries about whether or not you'll have quick data coverage b/c it works with TMO's existing 3G/4G network.  I was toying w/ the one I copped for my wife the other day and it flies.  No LTE in my city yet?  Don't even care.  

Anybody wanna quickly explain the speed of T-Mobile's old "4G" compared to the "LTE" they're rolling out now?

I'm sure either one is faster than this Sprint "LTE" I'm on now tho :lol:

Anybody wanna quickly explain the speed of T-Mobile's old "4G" compared to the "LTE" they're rolling out now?

T-mobile is calling HSPA + "4G" just like AT&T was a few years ago before they rolled out LTE. HSPA is technically 3.5G they were just allowed to market it otherwise. LTE is a different beast entirely.

T-mobile is calling HSPA + "4G" just like AT&T was a few years ago before they rolled out LTE. HSPA is technically 3.5G they were just allowed to market it otherwise. LTE is a different beast entirely.

Aight so basically either if you're on LTE or HSPA+ you're getting decent speeds?

I'm only asking because right now when I go into 3G Sprint areas my data speed becomes abysmal..(like 0.2 mb/sec abysmal) and if I switch I ain't tryna live like that again :lol:

Aight so basically either if you're on LTE or HSPA+ you're getting decent speeds?

I'm only asking because right now when I go into 3G Sprint areas my data speed becomes abysmal..(like 0.2 mb/sec abysmal) and if I switch I ain't tryna live like that again :lol:

Yes there is a big difference between T-mobile's data speeds and Sprint's.

As many have said before it depends on where your at cause I've saw sprint "LTE" on some vids on youtube and it goes pretty fast. Guess it just depends on where you live at but I have a 4s on sprint and that things is so slow on 3g I just want to throw it out the window but on wifi no probs.

As many have said before it depends on where your at cause I've saw sprint "LTE" on some vids on youtube and it goes pretty fast. Guess it just depends on where you live at but I have a 4s on sprint and that things is so slow on 3g I just want to throw it out the window but on wifi no probs.

Sprint's LTE is weird. I get LTE at my apartment, but on average I get about 5 mb/sec download. Went to the grocery store about 5 miles down, got 22 mb/sec, consistently.

Sprint's 3g service is consistent all around though.....absolute crap. If i'm in a 3G area with no wi-fi I dont even bother using the internet unless I have to.

Last edited:

Sprint's LTE is weird. I get LTE at my apartment, but on average I get about 5 mb/sec download. Went to the grocery store about 5 miles down, got 22 mb/sec, consistently.

Sprint's 3g service is consistent all around though.....absolute crap. If i'm in a 3G area with no wi-fi I dont even bother using the internet unless I have to.
Yeah I agree with your post 1000% sprint 3G sucks must suck nationwide lol.

Hspa is what AT&T and tmobile been calling their 4g. Technically it is but isn't at same time. Lte is way faster.

^ In all fairness to those looking to use an iPhone 4/4S on T-Mobile, be aware that the cities and areas refarmed with the 1900 mhz frequency are far and few between at this point.  A lot of major cities have been taken care of, but even in those it can be spotty.

That's why getting a T-Mobile 5 makes the most sense to me.  There are no worries about whether or not you'll have quick data coverage b/c it works with TMO's existing 3G/4G network.  I was toying w/ the one I copped for my wife the other day and it flies.  No LTE in my city yet?  Don't even care.  

Yea, thats why i really want to get the 5 now because of that. It is spotty in my area. when i do get 3G its lightning fast but close to my house and some other areas it will switch to edge.

Exactly. I'm in Philly and the 3G coverage on my 4S was average at best. My 5 came in the mail yesterday and it FLIES. No LTE around here yet, but the way this 4G moves is more than sufficient. Makes me wonder how the hell LTE can be any faster. :nthat:

Last edited:
We dam near sold through our whole stock of almost 300 phones over the weekend (my store got the 5, 4S and 4). We we're slammed open to close Fri-Sun. People have def been waiting a long time for this but I don't mind cause its more money for me.

Exactly. I'm in Philly and the 3G coverage on my 4S was average at best. My 5 came in the mail yesterday and it FLIES. No LTE around here yet, but the way this 4G moves is more than sufficient. Makes me wonder how the hell LTE can be any faster. :nthat:

The 4S was limited to HSPA + 14 or 21 I think but the 5 can get up to HSPA + 42. You'll never get 42 down on 3G in the real world but high 20's are possible. I've seen 50's and 60's on LTE phones before.

Back
Top Bottom