T-Mobile iPhone 5- NOW AVAILABLE

Are you getting the iPhone now that it's finally on T-Mobile??

• Yes finally!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm good.

• Let's see what the 5s brings...

• Total voters
Just copped. What accessories are a must? I'm think a screen protector and something for the back. Any suggestions?

Just copped. What accessories are a must? I'm think a screen protector and something for the back. Any suggestions?

Go to the mall and get clear coat, the place I got my case from put a screen protector on my 5 after they dissed on clear coat and I've had to have it replaced twice.

Don't let any of those kiosk dudes tell you their protectors are better, they aren't

Sprint's LTE is weird. I get LTE at my apartment, but on average I get about 5 mb/sec download. Went to the grocery store about 5 miles down, got 22 mb/sec, consistently.

Sprint's 3g service is consistent all around though.....absolute crap. If i'm in a 3G area with no wi-fi I dont even bother using the internet unless I have to.
Co-sign. LTE is fast as hell, but if I have any less than full bars on 3g, well..lets just say IG takes forever to load.

can someone answer this question? i was using a friend's tmobile iphone 5, and i can say its pretty fast i mean amazing fast.... so my question is all the new phones that snappy/ fast or is it just the iphone?? phones im asking about is s3/s4, htc one, sony xperia, blackberry z

can someone answer this question? i was using a friend's tmobile iphone 5, and i can say its pretty fast i mean amazing fast.... so my question is all the new phones that snappy/ fast or is it just the iphone?? phones im asking about is s3/s4, htc one, sony xperia, blackberry z

The iPhone OS is OD basic and the processor is optimized for it so its the fasted thing out, my nexus 4 is a quad core and my iPhone 5 makes it look so sluggish, I can wait for the 5S to drop so I can go back to Apple, Nexus 4 isnt bad, but iOS devices are just better for what I need, I was close to going back and getting a 5 but I wanted ot sell mines while the value was still good.

The iPhone OS is OD basic and the processor is optimized for it so its the fasted thing out, my nexus 4 is a quad core and my iPhone 5 makes it look so sluggish, I can wait for the 5S to drop so I can go back to Apple, Nexus 4 isnt bad, but iOS devices are just better for what I need, I was close to going back and getting a 5 but I wanted ot sell mines while the value was still good.

I am a Android guy and a Galaxy S3 owner but I will agree with what Lucky just said......

My S3 may have better spects but is still not as snappy and quick as the Iphone 5.

The galaxy S3 and Android OS just simply have the features that I need and do what I need it to do that apple can't.

I'm sure this has been answered but I've had an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile for a while now, do I need to change my plan to a different one or update anything? Cause I'm not noticing ANY difference in speeds.

The s3 is also fast but I seen its still not smappy, another thing is that why do all the Samsung devices have a blue tint to their screens
I am a Android guy and a Galaxy S3 owner but I will agree with what Lucky just said......

My S3 may have better spects but is still not as snappy and quick as the Iphone 5.

The galaxy S3 and Android OS just simply have the features that I need and do what I need it to do that apple can't.

I'm sure this has been answered but I've had an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile for a while now, do I need to change my plan to a different one or update anything? Cause I'm not noticing ANY difference in speeds.
You got an iPhone 5 now? Or still an unlocked 4/4S? Upgrade to the 4G LTE Internet plan for the former. If you still got a 4/4S then you cant get 4G and won't notice any difference in speeds because you're still just catching 3G from the reframed network frequencies.

Hey guys a few questions, I`m thinking about returning my Nexus 4 and just getting Tmobiles iPhone 5 (sold my VZW one)

My questions are will LTE of the iphone 5 work on TMobiles 30 dollar PRepaid plan? Can I go to a tmobile store and just pay 580 for the actual hardware? Because I see Apple sells the Tmobile one no contract AND the Unlocked GSM for 649, so I assume the 580 subsidy is only for people on Tmobiles new plans?

Hey guys a few questions, I`m thinking about returning my Nexus 4 and just getting Tmobiles iPhone 5 (sold my VZW one)

My questions are will LTE of the iphone 5 work on TMobiles 30 dollar PRepaid plan? Can I go to a tmobile store and just pay 580 for the actual hardware? Because I see Apple sells the Tmobile one no contract AND the Unlocked GSM for 649, so I assume the 580 subsidy is only for people on Tmobiles new plans?

no you can pay cash and buy it on the spot, its just not unlocked which is why they make you wait awhile before they unlock it for you.

i havent heard anyone being turned away for wanting to buy it

no you can pay cash and buy it on the spot, its just not unlocked which is why they make you wait awhile before they unlock it for you.

i havent heard anyone being turned away for wanting to buy it

I`m on prepaid though the 30 dollar plan, so I can just go in there and say hey I want the iphone 5 to buy it straight out for 580?

I`m on prepaid though the 30 dollar plan, so I can just go in there and say hey I want the iphone 5 to buy it straight out for 580?

They don't care what plan you're on when you're buying the device only. Just know that the iPhone 5 takes a nano sim and not a micro sim you'll either have to buy a new sim or get a nano sim cutter of eBay for a few bucks.

If you don't have a T-mobile iPhone model then you don't have the 1700/2100 MHz bands needed to access 90% of T-mobile's HSPA + 42 network which is where the faster speeds are. You'll only get 4G in refarmed 1900 MHz areas or LTE if it's available in your area.

How are some of ok paying $500+ for a phone?

If you can afford it it's no big deal. $500 isn't exactly a lot of money. Either way you pay full price for the phone regardless of the carrier whether you buy it out right or sign a contract. You can pay $199 at AT&T/Verizon/Sprint then pay the rest off of the subsidy off through your bill over 2 years or go to T-mobile and pay $99 down and 20 a month over 2 years. That's why their Early Termination Fees are $350. See $199 + $350 if you break the contract = $549 not including activation charges ($36) and your last bill.

If you don't have a T-mobile iPhone model then you don't have the 1700/2100 MHz bands needed to access 90% of T-mobile's HSPA + 42 network which is where the faster speeds are. You'll only get 4G in refarmed 1900 MHz areas or LTE if it's available in your area.

Thats wack as hell man, so I spent like 500 on this damn iPhone 5 when it came out and I HAVE to get a T-Mobile iPhone to enjoy it to its full capabilities? :smh: ... How much slower is it if I get the 4G/LTE plan?

Thats wack as hell man, so I spent like 500 on this damn iPhone 5 when it came out and I HAVE to get a T-Mobile iPhone to enjoy it to its full capabilities? :smh: ... How much slower is it if I get the 4G/LTE plan?

If you're on a pre-paid plan you're at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to data speeds but that's with any carrier. Changing your plan isn't going to make a difference if you don't have those bands on your phone unless you live in a city with T-mobile LTE. The carrier update only allowed access to LTE if you have it in your city. You're not going to get HSPA + 42 unless you have a T-mobile iPhone otherwise it's HSPA + 14 and Edge the slowest of them all.

If you can afford it it's no big deal. $500 isn't exactly a lot of money. Either way you pay full price for the phone regardless of the carrier whether you buy it out right or sign a contract. You can pay $199 at AT&T/Verizon/Sprint then pay the rest off of the subsidy off through your bill over 2 years or go to T-mobile and pay $99 down and 20 a month over 2 years. That's why their Early Termination Fees are $350. See $199 + $350 if you break the contract = $549 not including activation charges ($36) and your last bill.

Even the logic "if you can afford then why not" isn't very good logic.

But the rest of what you said makes sense when you break it down like that

att aand verizon got the wool pulled over your eyes...

I'm with Sprint, but I'm guessing you mean that by the quote above?

Last edited:
It just me or are phones the most overpriced and overrated necessity?

Shh is ridiculous just to have a phone (that most people have, not like its some rare/limited one) and have it work to its max capabilities. Excuse the vent :lol: but I just thought about how ridiculous it is

Appreciate the help though guys, good lookin out

Last edited:
It just me or are iphones the most overpriced and overrated necessity?

Shh is ridiculous just to have a phone (that most people have, not like its some rare/limited one) and have it work to its max capabilities. Excuse the vent :lol: but I just thought about how ridiculous it is

Appreciate the help though guys, good lookin out

fixed that 4 u

So does the Unlocked version Apple sells directly work for Tmobile 42+ HSPA+ and LTE? or should I save the money and go to Tmobile? I`m gonna go tomorrow and cop full price, since I sold my iphone it will wash each other out and I`m just paying the difference. lol Android sucks man, couldnt do this Nexus 4

don't forget that; other carriers plans start of at $100 plus overages fees

Back
Top Bottom