Talk to me simple. What is up w/ the Palestinian & Israeli situation?

I mentioned his most recent book earlier this morning but once again if you want a deeper understanding of this issue the book Except Palestine is a great read (kind of boring listen but only cause of the narrator).

The AP has operated from the building for 15 years, including through three previous wars between Israel and Hamas, without being targeted directly. During those conflicts as well as the current one, the news agency’s cameras from its top floor office and roof terrace offered 24-hour live shots as militants’ rockets arched toward Israel and Israeli airstrikes hammered the city and its surroundings.

“We have had no indication Hamas was in the building or active in the building,” AP President and CEO Gary Pruitt said in a statement. “This is something we actively check to the best of our ability. We would never knowingly put our journalists at risk.”
Somebody lying

I don’t think this, I’m guessing that’s what people dismissing the source think. As they say they are “right”

I consider myself liberal or left leaning.

Lol I'm not a rightie at all, you can clearly look at my past posts & see whose side I am on in this situation

Last edited:
celebrities have to have social media though.
they are just like everyone else. they have an opinion and want to be heard. think about all the dumb stuff regular people say on social media. imagine if these regular people had a million people following them it would be way worse.

1621140187035.gif

they are just like everyone else. they have an opinion and want to be heard. think about all the dumb stuff regular people say on social media. imagine if these regular people had a million people following them it would be way worse.

That's the reason why it's potentially dangerous lol

And yes, I can see how some people might think I'm essentially telling athletes to shut up and dribble or singers to shut up and sign. But I think everybody should do research on both side of the arguments before voicing their opinion regardless of how many followers they have. Thks honestly takes hella time and time idk if people like rihanna has.

“they’ve been refugees in their own home...since 1948”

damn.

thank you for sharing this. his comparison of power dynamics between israel and palestine and the US police and the unarmed Black men/women/children they murder is on point.

I disagree that they have to have one but we can take that into another thread and not clutter this one up on the topic.

Somebody lying

Just doing a coin toss - if it was the other way around - would this be considered as “terrorism”.

Or, would this be justify as “war”?

I thought that the media (journalists/reporters) and medical professions/facilities are protected or/and have some sort of neutrality during times like this?

Halper has written several books on the Israeli–Palestinian conflict and is a frequent writer and speaker about Israeli politics, focusing mainly on nonviolent strategies to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He is a supporter of the BDS movement and the academic boycott of Israel, and considers Israel to be guilty of "apartheid" and of a deliberate campaign to "judaize" the occupied Palestinian territories.

In 1997, Halper co-founded ICAHD to challenge and resist the Israeli policy of demolishing Palestinian homes in the Occupied Territories and to organize Israelis, Palestinians and international volunteers to jointly rebuild demolished Palestinian homes as political acts of resistance (ICAHD has rebuilt 189 Palestinian homes).[1] Halper was nominated, together with the Palestinian intellectual and activist Ghassan Andoni, for the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize by the American Friends Service Committee for his work "to liberate both the Palestinian and the Israeli people from the yoke of structural violence" and "to build equality between their people by recognizing and celebrating their common humanity."

Thank you! I appreciate your response. There is no denying that what is happening in the Middle East is terrible. I am a Canadian born jew and I have a significant amount of family living in various parts of Israel. I attended a private hebrew school as a child and while the concept of "chosen people" was taught, it wasn't taught in a manner that makes Jews better than anyone else. I grant you, there are too many Jewish people in Israel and the rest of the world who do in fact think they are better than others. I make no excuse or explanation for that. It is flat out wrong and disgusting.

I am an elementary school teacher. In additon, I used to teach nightschool at a Yeshiva. In case anyone doesn't know, a Yeshiva is an Ultra Orthodox high school for only jewish boys. In my time there I was repeatedly disgusted by what I heard these young people say. One of them told me that no matter what my wife will never be a real jew. (my wife was born to a Turkish/Muslim father and a Filipino/Catholic mother) She went through a year long conversion process to convert to judiasm. That was a decision she had made, I was going to marry her regardless.

Sorry for my rambling. I say all that to say this. Israel is guilty of a lot of wrongdoings. I can understand why people think so negatively towards the country. I just think sometimes in all the hatred it is forgotten that there are many Israeli's and jews around the world who don't endorse the actions of the Israeli government. I think Netanyahu is a corrupt piece of ****! A sentiment shared by essentially my entire family both in Israel and in Canada.

There is an Israeli activist (Rudy Rochman) who has a youtube channel and Instagram. For anyone interested, I'd suggest checking him out. His activism is about bringing Israeli and Palestinian people together to open the lines of communication and to figure out how to move forward.
I went to high school with this guy, I only remember him constantly posting pictures of him in Israeli military training and I always thought he was a clown. I guess now he’s an “activist” ...

When you see rabbis walk hand in hand with Palestinians protesting against Zionism and the Israeli Government for decades.. you have to question what is up.

Like most people in here, I’m trying to wrap my head around everything. That said, I try to be a free-thinker and I’m always cautious of stuff I hear just because it came from from a source my views typically align with, because they’re clearly not always correct.

In any case, I was going through my YouTube feed so I paused and started watching the below. As I was viewing it, I recalled seeing your rabbi comment, and I thought it was an interesting connection.

That is because the US funds Israel something like 4 billion a year.
Yep, they also gave them a ton of technology over the years to the point that Israel took said tech, built upon it and is selling it back to the U.S. A lot of American companies also have business deals with Israeli companies. Microsoft, GM, Google, Sony etc. Which is why over the Years, Israel is able to keep taking land from Palestine. They are getting backed through direct financial payments and various business deals from their big brother.

Yep, they also gave them a ton of technology over the years to the point that Israel took said tech, built upon it and is selling it back to the U.S. A lot of American companies also have business deals with Israeli companies. Microsoft, GM, Google, Sony etc. Which is why over the Years, Israel is able to keep taking land from Palestine. They are getting backed through direct financial payments and various business deals from their big brother.
Similar to Saudi Arabia.

We will fund you, but you have to hire our companies for business deals.

If you dont? See what happened in Panama.

Back
Top Bottom