Taxi 12's - December '13

Man let me tell you this morning was crazy over here at the villa on 119th there was 40+ already and this was at 1AM.  By 5 we had more than 50 in line in -2 weather the guys in the front of the line started a list on who's who and in what order I'm assuming because they wanted to chill in there cars there was no ghost chairs but this list was a great and bad idea.  By 6 AM you had another 20 cats show up out of nowhere talking about they don't care about the damm list all and said they would cut the line and no one would do anything about it (typical goons) by 630 security came by and said everyone needed to leave the front of the store otherwise they would not be allowed in the store.  You can assume peoples reaction after hearing this.  The list with the names was then voided by the security that kicked everyone out the line and said that when he deems it appropriate he would let people line up (more people show up) people start huddling around the parking lot security keeps insisting the list is voided and it will be first come first serve when he decides to make the announcement.  People get disgruntled its freaking cold and of course people shove and push guys start talking loud and getting back in line security calls the cops and then 7 squad cars show up kicking everyone out the front of the store and back into our cars.  I mean this was so avoidable if they would of just let the people already in line stay in their spot and whomever came after get in their appropriate place at the end of the line but of course they rather make their own rules and cause mayhem like this morning.  This reminded me of the 2006 Grape release it was just handled poorly.  Needless to say I stayed patient met some cool dudes and grabbed my size and I was 50th in line.  

Damn bro that's crazy as %@$&! I can't even begin to imagine how the Villa on 111th went down, the good thing is I guess no one pulled out a heater to heat things up in this chilly weather. I knew that picture just added more hype, cause it doesn't just stick to whoever saw it, it starts going around to friends, family members, hustlers, etc. Everyone is trying to come up by any means necessary, I'm glad you were able to cop your size though since I was told people were already lining up around 5 or 6pm.

Yea the first guy there showed up at 10AM was mad salty after they started talking about the list being voided.  This was a one time thing for me can't deal with the stupidity and non sense on unorganized releases. 

Yea the first guy there showed up at 10AM was mad salty after they started talking about the list being voided.  This was a one time thing for me can't deal with the stupidity and non sense on unorganized releases. 

Last edited:

People on the RUVilla IG page are mad salty. What spot did the first guy end up in if I may ask? I really think that the picture floating around through the NT JB threads really increased the amount of people who went. I spoke to the manager on New Year's Eve and he even told me a lot of the Retro's they had in stock for the grand opening weren't even on the advertisement, but that they didn't expect anyone to line up until about 5 or 6am maybe 4am the earliest but that quickly changed.

About to bite the bullet on these in the morning. a guy on cl had em listed at 320 talked him down to 250. told him i had 220 on me. i like where this is going. i had gauranteed tickets for these in my area then had to be in detroit that weekend. 
eyes.gif

About to bite the bullet on these in the morning. a guy on cl had em listed at 320 talked him down to 250. told him i had 220 on me. i like where this is going. i had gauranteed tickets for these in my area then had to be in detroit that weekend. :rolleyes

Do you think you ruined your chances with that spot? There's unconfirmed speculation that if you win a guaranteed pair through a raffle or a ticket and don't show up or pick them you just won't be picked the next time around especially with most store's being shady internally. Congratulations on negotiating your way down to a lower price though, that's what's up, these shoe's are dope and I wish I had a pair lol

Do you think you ruined your chances with that spot? There's unconfirmed speculation that if you win a guaranteed pair through a raffle or a ticket and don't show up or pick them you just won't be picked the next time around especially with most store's being shady internally. Congratulations on negotiating your way down to a lower price though, that's what's up, these shoe's are dope and I wish I had a pair lol

I'm not sure. But I doubt it. They do guaranteed wristbands the Thursday before release that I always camp for when I want a release. Also the management and the people there know me by name.

People on the RUVilla IG page are mad salty. What spot did the first guy end up in if I may ask? I really think that the picture floating around through the NT JB threads really increased the amount of people who went. I spoke to the manager on New Year's Eve and he even told me a lot of the Retro's they had in stock for the grand opening weren't even on the advertisement, but that they didn't expect anyone to line up until about 5 or 6am maybe 4am the earliest but that quickly changed.
I went to the release too lol got there at like 5AM barely got on said list me and my gf were 53 and 54. First dudes ended up getting their Bred 1s but the whole thing was super cold and messy. I grabbed an extra pair of taxi's 12s and Fear IVs the Breds, Bel-Airs and 3lab5s were gone by the time I got up there. 

Last edited:
Please tell me you got a size 13 in them 4's or Taxi's?!
frown.gif
Size 10.5 and 11 sorry man. If you would have came down at like 5 or 5:30 you would have been good in size 13 for the Bel-Airs, Taxis, or Fear IVs. It was below zero and crazy though so I don't blame you. Idk I'm bummed out because I had both of those shoes already and didn't want to cop other people's sizes like 12 or 13 and resell or trade with others waiting to get theirs after me. 

Last edited:
Size 10.5 and 11 sorry man. If you would have came down at like 5 or 5:30 you would have been good in size 13 for the Bel-Airs, Taxis, or Fear IVs. It was below zero and crazy though so I don't blame you. Idk I'm bummed out because I had both of those shoes already and didn't want to cop other people's sizes like 12 or 13 and resell or trade with others waiting to get theirs after me. 

Only if I would have known, do you know if besides you any other out of state people came through? At the end of the day it is what it is. This whole culture, game, hustle, whatever you want to label it isn't fair anymore and you have to get yours while you can. Who's to say that who ever was right after you isn't a reseller? If you had the money to pay for it you're all good, people are charging an arm and leg for shoe's nowadays and sometimes the only way to fight back and get what we want is to have what someone else wants and wasn't able to get or passed up on. I'm sure there's people out there willing to trade a pair of Bred 1's for some Taxi's, Fear Pack 4's, Bel-Air's, Gamma 3lab5s (if you had the opportunity to get them in your size) if they have an extra pair or just rather have the shoe you have instead.

Only if I would have known, do you know if besides you any other out of state people came through? At the end of the day it is what it is. This whole culture, game, hustle, whatever you want to label it isn't fair anymore and you have to get yours while you can. Who's to say that who ever was right after you isn't a reseller? If you had the money to pay for it you're all good, people are charging an arm and leg for shoe's nowadays and sometimes the only way to fight back and get what we want is to have what someone else wants and wasn't able to get or passed up on. I'm sure there's people out there willing to trade a pair of Bred 1's for some Taxi's, Fear Pack 4's, Bel-Air's, Gamma 3lab5s (if you had the opportunity to get them in your size) if they have an extra pair or just rather have the shoe you have instead.
Honestly out of the group of people I was near I'm pretty sure we were the only ones from out of state. I think we came the farthest at least at the 119th location. Yeah, resellers are always there but it was -2 and to grab anything really worth reselling you had to be there overnight at least at like 11pm in that cold. I don't even think that's worth a couple hundred bucks to flip bred 1s 
laugh.gif
. Yeah hopefully I come across a trade so it was worth the campout, did spend the rest of the cold day in Chicago which was cool though lol. 

Yea it sure was but like I said since I got there most people were there for the gammas, bel airs, B Red 1's, and 3lab5 and majority of the dudes in the front were re sellers the guy in the black tahoe was selling's gammas earlier before it started getting crazy.

Size 13 at fta Madison square for anybody in north alabama. I'm sure they could send it to your store ad well

I need a size 13 (I struck out) do you know any of the store info you could PM so I could call them up or my local store and ask for them?
256 430 3176.. the store located in madison square mall. I have had shoes sent from hoh to them on the may 25th restock so they should be able to send them to your local spot

256 430 3176.. the store located in madison square mall. I have had shoes sent from hoh to them on the may 25th restock so they should be able to send them to your local spot

Is it a foot locker, finish line, champs? Thanks I really appreciate it a lot man.

Back
Top Bottom