Taxi 12's - December '13

does anyone know if the gold eyelets are metal or plastic
nerd.gif

Hopefully these are of better quality than the CDP ones. Joints were soooo poor.

I disagree with you, the CDP's were a good quality retro. And don't count on this retro to have better quality then the CDP's, IMO most of the CDP pairs are better quality then the recent retros of the same shoes.

2s 12s & 13s are the most comfortable out of 1-15. These 3 could esily be great to hoop in, everything else is for looks lol

2s 12s & 13s are the most comfortable out of 1-15. These 3 could esily be great to hoop in, everything else is for looks lol
Agreed. Plus, I also think those models don't look particulary good with jeans. Too bulky. Could have something to do with comfort (extra padding).

Agreed. Plus, I also think those models don't look particulary good with jeans. Too bulky. Could have something to do with comfort (extra padding).

Def comfort. In the 12 & 13 seems as if i can feel some air bubble cushioning in the insoles. I feel it in my (12s) obsidian and rising suns & (13s) flints blk/red and black toes, i dont think the playoffs have or maybe its gone since i wore them so much

this is the only other release this year that I'm truly excited about at this point. 
glasses.gif

At this very moment in the year .. yes I would have to agree with you.

Releases I was excited for this year were - Toros, HGG 13s, FR5s, & these

Last edited:
I disagree with you, the CDP's were a good quality retro. And don't count on this retro to have better quality then the CDP's, IMO most of the CDP pairs are better quality then the recent retros of the same shoes.

I'm a staunch hater of the CDPs but you're right about the XIIs being one of nicer joints in that series. The shape was the same as '04 retros and the materials were the same too. I got rid of my pair a while back but I do remember that the sock liner/interior padding was not the same as the '04 retros it was much thinner. Were the eyelets plastic as well?

Yeah they were plastic, and your right about the padding. The 04's have better quality then the CDP's but they're still a solid retro IMO.

aside from the red/black 1s, these are the must cop of the year. MJ put in so much work in these and I love the look of these and the cherrys.

Joints ain't feel like any of the 2003-2004 Retros. Felt like damn boots.

They won't ever look that clean again. Once they get dirty, it's a wrap.
They arent new though. Ive worn them a good 15-20x, they were my go-to pair for a good bit even during the winter when it snows. The midsole does get dirty occasionally but I just clean them after Im done wearing them that day that it does encounter some dirt. Other than that just put em back in the box. Guess we'll see eventually. 

I just need playoffs, I missed out last year and missed the FNL restock earlier this year 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom