Taxi 12's - December '13

Haha. I still don't understand why people buy shoes they don't like.
I still don't understand why people fail to realize that people do something call "changing their mind".

Also, never said I didn't like them. I see the dyslexia is strong in this one.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why people fail to realize that people do something call "changing their mind".

Also, never said I didn't like them. I see the dyslexia is strong in this one.
Wasn't directed at you but you must have felt some type of way by my comment. You know what they say, if the shoe fits.....

Wasn't directed at you but you must have felt some type of way by my comment. You know what they say, if the shoe fits.....
You're right. It was just a comment that coincidentally correlated to the current topic....... How coincidental.

Wondering why you get charged with customs? Next time tell your seller to send them as gifts on the declaration forms. I buy hobby grade r/c stuff from japan all the time never got taxed. The smart seller always know how to fill out those forms.

Wondering why you get charged with customs? Next time tell your seller to send them as gifts on the declaration forms. I buy hobby grade r/c stuff from japan all the time never got taxed. The smart seller always know how to fill out those forms.
The UK websites I order from don't have that option. But, you're smart haha, can't charge a gift recipient. 

I bought a pair of B grades about a month ago from the local Nike Outlet.  I knew I was taking a chance buying B-grades, but  figured it couldn't be so bad.  Well...one of my shoes was "kinda" messed up.  I'm debating if I should try painting them or getting my money back from Nike.  I don't mind so much, but it just looks very weird to have one shiny silver eyelet out of 8.

As you can see in the picture, the gold paint on the eyelet is messed up.  It's not glue either, its actually the gold paint/coating.  It rubbed off when I thought it was glue or something.  So, I just went ahead and rubbed all of it off. Big mistake. Now its a shiny silver eyelet like on the cherrys and not a dull gold at all.

I think I'm nearing my refund/return deadline on my receipt.  Should I return them and struggle to find my size on resell (which I don't like) or try painting them with gold Angelus paint and hope it sticks? These might just end up being one of my on court only kicks. What are your opinions?

^^^ wouldn't even worry about it to be honest. that plus these are selling for like 250-300. it bothers you that much that you are willing to spend the extra $100 on another pair?

^^The shiny silver is the thing that gets me some.  It completely shiny silver!  I thought I'd slap some paint on it easily and be done, but I wish I had left it alone
mean.gif

But ...I guess you're right, it doesn't bother me enough for another $100 or whatever these are going for.  I just don't wanna deal with hypebeasts calling them fake and me calling them idiots in return! lol 

^^The shiny silver is the thing that gets me some.  It completely shiny silver!  I thought I'd slap some paint on it easily and be done, but I wish I had left it alone
mean.gif

But ...I guess you're right, it doesn't bother me enough for another $100 or whatever these are going for.  I just don't wanna deal with hypebeasts calling them fake and me calling them idiots in return! lol 
i wouldn't worry about it. if you wear them they are gonna chip the paint eventually.

I bought a pair of B grades about a month ago from the local Nike Outlet.  I knew I was taking a chance buying B-grades, but  figured it couldn't be so bad.  Well...one of my shoes was "kinda" messed up.  I'm debating if I should try painting them or getting my money back from Nike.  I don't mind so much, but it just looks very weird to have one shiny silver eyelet out of 8.

As you can see in the picture, the gold paint on the eyelet is messed up.  It's not glue either, its actually the gold paint/coating.  It rubbed off when I thought it was glue or something.  So, I just went ahead and rubbed all of it off. Big mistake. Now its a shiny silver eyelet like on the cherrys and not a dull gold at all.

I think I'm nearing my refund/return deadline on my receipt.  Should I return them and struggle to find my size on resell (which I don't like) or try painting them with gold Angelus paint and hope it sticks? These might just end up being one of my on court only kicks. What are your opinions?
cmon now.. that's miniscule.. That would pass for A grade knowing Nike quality. Unless someone has their face all on your shoe, it won't be noticeable.

cmon now.. that's miniscule.. That would pass for A grade knowing Nike quality. Unless someone has their face all on your shoe, it won't be noticeable.
Thanks, but you didn't see where I said they don't look like that anymore!  All of that gold came right off..easily.  Even had to clean the gold off the laces where it rubbed that eyelet.  The whole eyelet is completely shiny silver now, like it was supposed to be on a pair of cherries or som

I didn't have a picture of the after, but I can get one when I get home.

^^The shiny silver is the thing that gets me some.  It completely shiny silver!  I thought I'd slap some paint on it easily and be done, but I wish I had left it alone:smh:  

hypebeasts calling them fake? cmon man chilllllllll

ignorant people will think what they think because they don't know. doesn't matter what they think.

its like me saying im not going to wear some Nike Air 4s because a "hypebeast" will call them fake because he doesn't know original jordans had nike air on them.

Lol...thanks for making that generalization about my "life" Tim when you know nothing about me, but hey, if it makes you feel like a better person to say that when I'm only asking about sneakers in a sneaker forum, it's cool! I appreciate you anyway!

Anyhoo, because I said I would get another pic...this is how it looks now after all the coating came right off!

View media item 959063
Hypekilla, cool shot! I'd been wanting a pair for the longest! I had the OGs and Vindicates when they 1st came out and carried them around for years. Then got sick of sneakers, gave them all away. I ended up giving these to Goodwill. Kinda wished I hadn't done that now! Lol. Oh well, I'm glad they made somebody's day! So to have these again with this shiney *** eyelet flaw, does bug me a bit.

Lol...thanks for making that generalization about my "life" Tim when you know nothing about me, but hey, if it makes you feel like a better person to say that when I'm only asking about sneakers in a sneaker forum, it's cool! I appreciate you anyway!
You just said you don't want people calling them fake, which basically means you care what other people say/think, and now I'm generalizing by saying something you already confirmed, lol ok.

Last edited:
...saying I'm living life wrong?? Come on now, lol. Come meet me, you'll see different!

Don't be so quick to judge and generalize when you really don't know. Just saying...

mehoneydee mehoneydee post the pic in the care and maintenance thread. maybe they can give you insight on a quick fixer upper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom