Taxi 12's - December '13

prices seem to keep going up, shoe wasn't too hyped at first so many people wore their pairs and now not too many are deadstock creating a sellers market

I had an opportunity to cop a few pairs at retail but passed :smh: would've made some nice change off of them :lol:

About to wear mine tomorrow for the first time! Can't wait!

You will be very happy i wore my 1st pair for the first time 4 days ago and lets juss say i been rockin em since lol crazy part is my rotation is deep enough where i can rock a different pair of jays everyday for 3 months

Last edited:
For those who have them, how do they fit?

A friend of mine is selling a pair (10.5) but I'm usually an 11.

Should I be ok?

For those who have them, how do they fit?

A friend of mine is selling a pair (10.5) but I'm usually an 11.

Should I be ok?

I took everybody advice to .5 down ima 8.5 so i went with a 8 and they couldnt fit any better not snug room for my toes and most of all no burning sensation after wearing for a while

Last edited:
I'm shocked how many of these sold, doesn't seem like it was that much out in the market

I like them when I see them watching basketball. I like the way they flow with white or black or both in the case of Joe Johnson.

Makes me sort of want them.

You shouldn't have any issues with those falling apart on you.

With all reassurance I think I'm willing to make an offer and see how it goes!

They came out 5 years ago so you shouldn't worry about the sole's coming off or anything crazy like that... I say go for it if they're legit and you find a good price

Yeah, my bad about that lol I was thinking 08' in my mind so I said 8yrs ago unintentionally. I may start a legit check thread, and see what the community has to say for the young rook. In my opinion, they look legit, but I don't really know much to begin with.

I've been wearing my 08s to the ground ever since I found out they were releasing again. Definitely built like tanks so you don't have to worry about the sole coming off. Also, you shouldn't be too concerned about yellowing compared to the Playoff 12s.

Just a heads up, the Black/Red 11s that come in the pack are trash :x .. feels like you're walking on cardboard, quality is awful. I had to sell mine. If I was you I would just pay resell for both of the recent versions. Taxis are going for $225-250 & Black/Red 11s about $240-275 ... that way might come out a little cheaper than buying the 08 pack if you look around.

Either way good luck, hope it all works out for you :nthat:

Last edited:
I've been wearing my 08s to the ground ever since I found out they were releasing again. Definitely built like tanks so you don't have to worry about the sole coming off. Also, you shouldn't be too concerned about yellowing compared to the Playoff 12s.

Just a heads up, the Black/Red 11s that come in the pack are trash :x .. feels like you're walking on cardboard, quality is awful. I had to sell mine. If I was you I would just pay resell for both of the recent versions. Taxis are going for $225-250 & Black/Red 11s about $240-275 ... that way might come out a little cheaper than buying the 08 pack if you look around.

Either way good luck, hope it all works out for you :nthat:

Thanks man, I really appreciate you going out of your way to help me out. I wasn't sure which Taxi's had the issue where after a while the sole's would come off, but I'll just take your suggestion and get them both at resale price since it doesn't seem like a restock isn't happening any time soon. Plus, it seems like a smarter idea to get the newer version of something at least when analyzing quality and durability.

There will be a restock. Most likely around all star time or in March. I'm not paying a dollar over retail for these.

i took off the saturday which is the day im expecting the restock...whether instore or online...im getting them. damn them 6s i want these.

These ran huge I'm back on the hunt again 
mean.gif

These ran huge I'm back on the hunt again :smh:

Was just coming in here to ask around about sizing compared to playoff 12.

I have a guy who wants to trade my playoffs for his taxis (I have to put a lil cash on top). But only concern is it's a 9.5 and I'm usually a 9.

Like playoffs I really like my sz 9, kinda feel like a 9.5 would be a lil big but not a deal breaker.

I wear an 11 in the 1's 3's 4's 5's 10's and 11s that came out this year...had to get 10.5 in the taxis...11 was way too much extra toe room and too loose

I have a guy who wants to trade my playoffs for his taxis (I have to put a lil cash on top). But only concern is it's a 9.5 and I'm usually a 9.

Like playoffs I really like my sz 9, kinda feel like a 9.5 would be a lil big but not a deal breaker.
They are gonna fit big fam. But a thick insole would probably solve your problem of you wanna go through the trade

These run HUGE, if I were you I wouldn't go through with it honestly. See if you can find an 8.5

^ no question about these running big.  Go a half size down, definitely.

you're trading playoff 12's and cash for taxis?  Should be him putting cash up.

Back
Top Bottom