..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

bump from the depths of page 2 (again).

Another attempt of a midsole restoration (as promised), this time on my Black/Burgundy AF1 Highs from 1993. Again, shouts out to m tr4nch(and anyone else that I forgot) for their advice.

Before:

After:

This time I used a silicone spray, as the shoe shine sponge wasn't strong enough to remove the white powdery crap from the midsole on it's own. These midsoles were in a worse state compared to the 1994 lows I did yesterday. There were some parts that weren't completely restored, I plan on taking care of those later on.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

silicone spray/lubricant will fix any midsole, not just black?
yes, except for white midsoles. It only removes the white powdery crap on the midsoles, it has no effect on any midsole yellowing (white isn't the only color that can yellow).

And there it is:

nike-air-force-1-jones-beach-2.jpg

No, this isn’t an “In Retrospect.

^YESS...i get a second chance. I saw a pair on the bay a while back and it ended hella high. good thing i didnt go for em

have to echo that, very dope pair Kev.

the heel panel on those jones beach forces is lame but that's a nice pair overall. i wanted them when they dropped but they were not easily obtainable for a reasonable price. if the back panel was just canvas like the rest, I might have tried a little harder.

oh yeah, that reminds me.  what's up with these, anybody seen them in person yet?  the shape looks better than most recent releases (at least in the toe area), i'm wondering if the materials feel decent.  is that nubuck?

those bespokes are def nice.so difficult though. like i said before, it would be extremely difficult for me to make an $800 shoe that doesn't look like a clown shoe. i'd love to be able to go in there and blast out a few simple designs like that - actually i'd like to make 20 or 30 simple designs - but not at $800 a pop. as beautiful as that bespoke is up there.....$800.....man that's rough. 
anyone selling lottery tickets? 

I'm gutted over forgetting the campers and phillies that just sold for under $60 shipped a piece on the bay. was watching this whole time, even all morning, then forget about them an hour before the end. hope somebody here got them, sweet deal!

i was watching that campers too but didn't bid because i know i won't wear 10.5 and end up selling.
Didn't wanna be a reseller and wanted them to go to a true 10.5 wearer.
i hope somebody here got them too. 46+shipping is a great deal even with slightly yellowed midsoles
pimp.gif

Damn that bespoke is too nice. That's prolly the reason I will never make one because I too would make simple *$% designs that wouldnt be worth the $800 price tag.

These came in today:
4645814785_2fdde2312c.jpg

4645816983_5a7e53cee1.jpg

tyler, that bespoke is super nice. definitely amongst the best i've seen thus far. really like the single swoosh on the heel tab. but just like kev, i agree that 800 beans is a bit much for what essentially is a simple id... i know i can't afford $800 for a pair of those!

Back
Top Bottom