frown.gif

devil.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 damn that sucks cause i know those are my size. did you get those from k-skit or la ave? please don't tell me it was some random spot in ueno. 

I guess there's a new form of sniping on ebay.  Don't even bid, wait till the auction end on the low and offer the seller a higher price.  Just lost out on another pair because the seller mysteriously made a mistake on the auction and no longer has the shoe.

Hamptons air force 1s???

What has the world come to? The Hamptons are the POLAR opposite of any urban setting. And if you got the money to be there, I doubt you're wearing air force 1s. I guess it's just another lame "inspiration" on nike's part. I don't think the af1 should be getting the "every shoe has a story" treatment like the dunk did...we all know how that story ended.

Come on now. Mad "Urban" folk BEEN rolling to the Hamptons. Even before Diddy.

I have the money to be there. But not live there. HA!

And I wear Air Force and Air Max 1's religiously.

That's like saying Urban folk can't rock Polo. Or Gucci. Or Louis. Because it's the "polar opposite of Urban fashion".

Or that we can't drink fine wines or champagne because it's the "polar opposite" of what you'd find in an "Urban setting". I guess we're just supposed to stick to Malt Liquor?

That's a dangerous train of thought.

Those boxes are no more. Those lines have been blurred.

We take !%## and make it our own. Even if they don't want to give it up.

Ya dig?

Hey, I agree with that 100%. I think you kinda missed my point though.

I just think there's a distinction between urban folk adopting things from so called high-brow culture and Nike making a hamptons air force 1. It should be up to the people to adopt things into their culture, corporations like Nike shouldn't be the ones blurring the lines. Lots of brands have been adopted, lots of fine alcoholic beverages have been adopted and that's great...if you can afford to wear it or drink it, do so. I'm all for social mobility...in fact, the mere idea of "class" doesn't sit well with me, I was raised in a working class environment. What I'm trying to say is that nike making this hamptons air force 1 is like....I dunno...courvoisier making a cognac called "Hood Exclusive" or some @#$% like that. It's just very tacky to me. Something like that, in my opinion, makes both the company and the consumer look bad.

Nike takes one idea and beats it to the ground. Hamptons af1 = Jones beach. Different materials but same idea. Next year it might be a South Beach one with the clear sole and the strip in it. And so on and so forth. Another way of Nike feeding hypebeast and killing the air force a little bit more than they already did.

The fact that they want to put "Hamptons" on an AF1 that consists of that crappy, plasticy "leather" is what I find comical.  Usually you associate the Hamptons with luxury and high-end.  The Hampton AF1 doesn't really scream out "luxury" or "high-end" when I look at them.

Originally Posted by OGfiend

Hamptons air force 1s???

What has the world come to? The Hamptons are the POLAR opposite of any urban setting. And if you got the money to be there, I doubt you're wearing air force 1s. I guess it's just another lame "inspiration" on nike's part. I don't think the af1 should be getting the "every shoe has a story" treatment like the dunk did...we all know how that story ended.
if i had the money to live in the hamptons id still be rockin my air forces

i'm still salty about those white/gums that ty got. anyone remember that pair that was on ebay about a year ago - dude was from australia i think? i kept trying to talk him down and eventually he sold to someone else. damn i regret that. oh well. in a month imma be back in tokyo so i need to start saving some spending money. 

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

i'm still salty about those white/gums that ty got. anyone remember that pair that was on ebay about a year ago - dude was from australia i think? i kept trying to talk him down and eventually he sold to someone else. damn i regret that. oh well. in a month imma be back in tokyo so i need to start saving some spending money. 
i remember those, he was from australia. i remember he wanted some ridiculous amount of money for them too. there's a 10 and a gucci customized 9.5 pair on teh bay...

Originally Posted by OGfiend

Hey, I agree with that 100%. I think you kinda missed my point though.

I just think there's a distinction between urban folk adopting things from so called high-brow culture and Nike making a hamptons air force 1. It should be up to the people to adopt things into their culture, corporations like Nike shouldn't be the ones blurring the lines. Lots of brands have been adopted, lots of fine alcoholic beverages have been adopted and that's great...if you can afford to wear it or drink it, do so. I'm all for social mobility...in fact, the mere idea of "class" doesn't sit well with me, I was raised in a working class environment. What I'm trying to say is that nike making this hamptons air force 1 is like....I dunno...courvoisier making a cognac called "Hood Exclusive" or some @#$% like that. It's just very tacky to me. Something like that, in my opinion, makes both the company and the consumer look bad.

You on point. Anyone in the hood with Hampton AF1s is getting laughed at. They better say the H is for Hotel and call it a day.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

if you can fit a 10 i know of a pair for sale... not sure on the price though, could probably talk him down

Back
Top Bottom