TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by Mr CoOrdinate

Thanks B, info isnt for me. I live NO WHERE close to a Nike Store that does them (I know I could order some) but Id rather buy a nice DS pair off ebay for that much

I have a package at the post office
happy.gif
.... I think I know what it is, well at least thats what I hope it is
Nike used to have a policy that stated you could return defective products for up to 3 years from the manufacture date and receive a voucher for the MSRP of the shoe. They may still have the policy, but last I knew they shortened the term to 2 years, IIRC. Anyway, when I was in college, I worked with this guy who always had some low level schemes cooking. He would buy people's used shoes for dirt cheap and he figured out a way to puncture the Air Bubbles in a way that Nike didn't deem intentional or something, so he would just stockpile these vouchers. He'd keep some, sell some, etc. I remember he amassed the whole collection of Air Max 120s (one of my favorite shoes) off this. Timberland also had a very similar policy that he took advantage of. ...That dude was hilarious... people would clown him because he'd wear Coogis and Iceberg sweaters to the office, and his reply was always that he had the most expensive outfit on, so how could he not be looking professional. He was in school too - I remember him paying me in Iceberg knits to do class assignments for him. ....Haven't thought about that office or those people in a MINUTE. Fun memories.

Originally Posted by Mr CoOrdinate

Thanks B, info isnt for me. I live NO WHERE close to a Nike Store that does them (I know I could order some) but Id rather buy a nice DS pair off ebay for that much

I have a package at the post office
happy.gif
.... I think I know what it is, well at least thats what I hope it is
Nike used to have a policy that stated you could return defective products for up to 3 years from the manufacture date and receive a voucher for the MSRP of the shoe. They may still have the policy, but last I knew they shortened the term to 2 years, IIRC. Anyway, when I was in college, I worked with this guy who always had some low level schemes cooking. He would buy people's used shoes for dirt cheap and he figured out a way to puncture the Air Bubbles in a way that Nike didn't deem intentional or something, so he would just stockpile these vouchers. He'd keep some, sell some, etc. I remember he amassed the whole collection of Air Max 120s (one of my favorite shoes) off this. Timberland also had a very similar policy that he took advantage of. ...That dude was hilarious... people would clown him because he'd wear Coogis and Iceberg sweaters to the office, and his reply was always that he had the most expensive outfit on, so how could he not be looking professional. He was in school too - I remember him paying me in Iceberg knits to do class assignments for him. ....Haven't thought about that office or those people in a MINUTE. Fun memories.

...paying me in Iceberg knits...

laugh.gif
- Sorry, that got me.

I just did it and placed an order for my first pair of ID AF1s, I had to do it this time.  The site says there is free return shipping on them.

...paying me in Iceberg knits...

laugh.gif
- Sorry, that got me.

I just did it and placed an order for my first pair of ID AF1s, I had to do it this time.  The site says there is free return shipping on them.

I know, right. But, that's what your teens and early 20s are for, to be blissfully oblivious to your own ridiculousness!

I'm the first one to clown on the youngins rocking faux hawks, neon jeans, and smedium sequined shirts. But, at the same time, I do have to remember that a decade-plus ago I thought I was doing it hardbody, posted up in the club, rolling on X, while rocking a sweater with a 30" depiction of Donald Duck's grill on it!

Urban fashion-wise, it's been almost all downhill since the Polo/Hilfiger/Nautica rugby, North Face era. The jersey era was redeemable - sports and urban culture will always be related. Sneakers themselves represent the nexus of hip hop and sports. But other than that, if we're being honest with ourselves, most of the fads that have come and gone were probably only mildly less ridiculous than the current brand of ridiculousness plaguing WDYWT threads across the interwebs.

/Heads to storage room in search for purple velour Rocawear suit.

I know, right. But, that's what your teens and early 20s are for, to be blissfully oblivious to your own ridiculousness!

I'm the first one to clown on the youngins rocking faux hawks, neon jeans, and smedium sequined shirts. But, at the same time, I do have to remember that a decade-plus ago I thought I was doing it hardbody, posted up in the club, rolling on X, while rocking a sweater with a 30" depiction of Donald Duck's grill on it!

Urban fashion-wise, it's been almost all downhill since the Polo/Hilfiger/Nautica rugby, North Face era. The jersey era was redeemable - sports and urban culture will always be related. Sneakers themselves represent the nexus of hip hop and sports. But other than that, if we're being honest with ourselves, most of the fads that have come and gone were probably only mildly less ridiculous than the current brand of ridiculousness plaguing WDYWT threads across the interwebs.

/Heads to storage room in search for purple velour Rocawear suit.

^
Damn Mike, I saw you asking around for those just last week and you already came up on a pair... ... ...you are a mean, mean dude.

^
Damn Mike, I saw you asking around for those just last week and you already came up on a pair... ... ...you are a mean, mean dude.

Dont feel bad guys... When FuBu first came out I was rocking it hahha. Then the SouthPole era started, so I had to swap to that for a minute to.

Nadel - One day, just one day I'll have some really nice paris that will make you like my collection as I do yours

Pair of Groupies

Still trying to figure out which watermark I like more.

Dont feel bad guys... When FuBu first came out I was rocking it hahha. Then the SouthPole era started, so I had to swap to that for a minute to.

Nadel - One day, just one day I'll have some really nice paris that will make you like my collection as I do yours

Pair of Groupies

Still trying to figure out which watermark I like more.

I've been looking for a pair for a month or two - I actually used to hate black forces altogether

Came across so many rare black pairs that i've passed and now i'm trying to back track and get them all

As far as gum soles, the courir colorway is one of the few that works for me - I'd love to own the 94 canvas pair in this colorway

I've been looking for a pair for a month or two - I actually used to hate black forces altogether

Came across so many rare black pairs that i've passed and now i'm trying to back track and get them all

As far as gum soles, the courir colorway is one of the few that works for me - I'd love to own the 94 canvas pair in this colorway

yo serg good to see you are home my dude

bet you are sitting on a good wad of sneaker $
grin.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Mr. Coord,

I'm tellin you man, in time in time

The recent DS pickups you've gotten are complete fire.  Nothing better than a ds pickup

yo serg good to see you are home my dude

bet you are sitting on a good wad of sneaker $
grin.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Mr. Coord,

I'm tellin you man, in time in time

The recent DS pickups you've gotten are complete fire.  Nothing better than a ds pickup

just lost some 98 white/purp highs on ebay, tryna be a damn cheap skate on my bids n ran outta time, the ended for $102
frown.gif

nice grey mids Co

n courirs are nice as always

just lost some 98 white/purp highs on ebay, tryna be a damn cheap skate on my bids n ran outta time, the ended for $102
frown.gif

nice grey mids Co

n courirs are nice as always

Back
Top Bottom