TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Nice pickups, those Obsidian Snakes are
pimp.gif

Are you planning on wearing them?
thanks

yessir...just waitin for the right day

Good man, the harder compound sole withstands the test of time, just like Jordan Is i guess... The leather on those must be so plush :smokin

Good man, the harder compound sole withstands the test of time, just like Jordan Is i guess... The leather on those must be so plush
smokin.gif
no doubt...i mean just to reinforce that point you can wear some 92 af1s but you cant do the same with some black cement 3s

trust...the leather...sooo smooth n thick...its still amazing they were (and most vintage af1s) just regular releases

Doodadee killin it!

Those evergreen leather jewels are gorgeous!!

I mean, everything in those pics is great, naturally I gravitate to what I don't have.

Also, what is the style number on the apple mids and the clear silver-ish mids? I have pairs of both, but the soles are more like a clear gum stylle - curious to know if my pairs are just yellowed or whether they are different pairs.

The black/white lows with the white heel tab are '96, I believe.

Last edited:
Nice stuff Team!, whats up Fellas?

This as not been an AF1 year for me as the midsoles blowing out on a few of my Co.JPs has made me not even want to buy af1s anymore

Shout Out to Dallas for these, my favorite Lebron related sneaker ever and probably #3 of my all time top 10 AF1s

thank you man, really happy to have them again had a un numbered sz 10 in 07 but my foot grew so i had to off them waited all this time for them again

@G Raider and @Jae718
I guess I should be careful rocking my older AF1s... Or is the consensus that wearing them even semi-regularly will help prevent them blowing-out? I've heard that said about OG Jordan's plenty of times.

:pimp: COF Fearless Warriors

AC model? I am so outta loop of this new AF1 ****.

EDIT: Googled it, it's those horrendous Vans x AF1 things :x

Last edited:
AC model? I am so outta loop of this new AF1 ****.

EDIT: Googled it, it's those horrendous Vans x AF1 things :x

Yeah.

Honestly, I don't even think they are that dreadful on their own But, it's not an AF1.

I understand that the AF1 isn't as strong as it once was, but it still moves a lot of units and has a presence. It's weird to me that Nike is so willing to lend the credibility of their premier products to subpar products within the brand. Often times in business, it seems that the concern is in the other direction - do not dilute your brand (and certain Nike models are established enough that they are essentially their own sub brands) by associating with garbage. General belief seems to be that such actions increase short term success, while killing the brand long term (look what happened to Coogi when Phat Farm bought it). But, Nike seems very willing to do it. To me, that tells me that they don't think too highly of their customers (I don't blame them, I don't think too highly of most of these dweebs either). They feel like they can drag their legacy through the mud without risk, and that their base will either bite at the bait, or simply not hold it against the brand. If Nike felt their customers were highly educated and discriminating, they wouldn't do this. ...Ralph Lauren pimped the Bear out this year - the bring-it-back sweater was fine, but then he threw it on a million cheap standard polos in place of standard small horsey. I wasn't feeling that, but it hadn't been done for a while. We'll see if that trend continues.

I've said this a million times before, but customers/hobbyists/self-proclaimed "collectors" get the state of affairs they deserve. Nike runs their signature models through the mud with hybrids because they know that their base doesn't have the willpower, discipline, and commitment to standards to hold them accountable, hold on to their money or spend it elsewhere, or make it hurt.

Essentially, this is the devil that comes with the mainstreaming of your hobby. A lot of us in this thread actually do hold the values I reference above, but our voices don't matter because we are such a small minority.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom