TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Cindarella Shoes is the place I've always heard of and another that slips my mind, they basically got their rep to have nike make pairs and it just blew up organically.

bip roberts bip roberts Good looks on the vid! I was one of those cats making that trip back and forth to Bmore in 87-90, coppin AF1s. My homey went to Morgan State and I'll never forget that call when he said "you're not gonna belee this" LOL

Last edited:
Got everything I want but just never can find those damn BUMBLEBEES :smh:

They sold out in a week back on Rd even back then..

Last edited:

i want these.. Very clean

Last edited:
Got everything I want but just never can find those damn BUMBLEBEES
mean.gif

Are those the "bumblebees" you're talking about? The jewels? Or the black mids with the yellow contrast stitching?

Going to be a scrub and wear these to breakfast one last time before I clean them up. one of my favorites 

Are those the "bumblebees" you're talking about? The jewels? Or the black mids with the yellow contrast stitching?

Na I want both..the solid black mid with the yellow contract stitching..
As well as the jewels..I want both

Don't see with all the great cw's why they dont bring them back..I guess nike sells enough of signature shoes and likes to keep the interest on those..
Thing is theres alot of older heads that got no interest in kd's n such that would buy the classics..haven't even seen an all blk w gum bottom in a long time..too long

Don't see with all the great cw's why they dont bring them back..I guess nike sells enough of signature shoes and likes to keep the interest on those..
Thing is theres alot of older heads that got no interest in kd's n such that would buy the classics..haven't even seen an all blk w gum bottom in a long time..too long

They did a low last year, plasticky leather though.

Got everything I want but just never can find those damn BUMBLEBEES :smh:

The mids with the contrast stiching? I got those months after they came out for like 39.99 during those annual Transit/Active Warehouse/Sportslane sales they used to have in NYC. ...The black with the grey contrast too.

The jewels in black and yellow actually came out twice, IIRC. Once in like '98 and then again in like '01.

The love for the jewel is kind of revisionist history. As much as we can talk about "classic" CWs, the jewel swoosh was very poorly received upon launch.

And, frankly, when they tried to bring them back last year or two years ago or whatever, they flopped mega hard. So, I can't blame them either.

Also, I'm of the mind set that if you aren't going to do the classics justice, then just leave them alone. So, I'm perfectly happy for Nike to stay hands off - especially since the old pairs are wearable anyway.

I know that's all easy for me to say, as I probably have more jewels than anybody. But, just my opinion.

They did a low last year, plasticky leather though.

And, they also did a white/gum high in like 2010 or so.

Last edited:
The love for the jewel is kind of revisionist history. As much as we can talk about "classic" CWs, the jewel swoosh was very poorly received upon launch.

And, frankly, when they tried to bring them back last year or two years ago or whatever, they flopped mega hard. So, I can't blame them either.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy. Because this is exactly how I remember it. Never owned a pair of jewels so when I see the thirst for them now, I'm baffled.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy. Because this is exactly how I remember it. Never owned a pair of jewels so when I see the thirst for them now, I'm baffled.

Same goes for the AM 87 jewels, those sat for ages....FL couldn't give them away...I think they even went down to 15 eu in the sale at a certain point and they still sat

I know that's all easy for me to say, as I probably have more jewels than anybody. But, just my opinion.

*humble brag* hahahhaha. besides having more jewels, u drop enough jewels in this thread, speak your mind my liege.

i know and remember when jewels came out and it wasn't something so hot that everyone was rocking them. a lot of them hit sales racks and i think it's more due to the fact of the size of the swoosh is why they weren't well received upon release. but nowadays all of these sneakerherbs, i mean sneakerheads, go crazy for a vintage pair. you can parallel this to air max 1 jewels.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1132789/width/500/height/1000[/IMG

New pickup 2001 Bumblebee Mid

Also, I'm of the mind set that if you aren't going to do the classics justice, then just leave them alone. So, I'm perfectly happy for Nike to stay hands off - especially since the old pairs are wearable anyway.

i love the jewel swoosh whether lows or mids...just something about em makes my heart flutter lol. i mean the regular swoosh is fine n all...but to me...when you see that translucent jewel swoosh backed by a simple colorway with quality leather...

when nike brought em back...well tried to bring em back...jeez they bombed...but how could they not have when they screwed the recipe up soooooo badly. i mean damn...its simple!...but i guess nowadays simple = complicated

It wasn't really the jewels itself that the problem was..it was the colorways
If they released those black n yellow and black n red joints with the good leather they would seLL to ppl like us.

As far as the contrast stitching bumblebees and the blk n reds in 01..
Out here my way they sold out week 1
I grabbed the black n red last pairs but couldn't get "bumblebees" nowhere

Lets try again 2001 Bumblebee mid its took me 13 years to track them down and got them now about time but i got them

Damn man you wear my size too..:smh:

10.5-11.5 right? :x :smh: where'd u find yours?

Still need these too..passed on em two yrs back..kicking myself

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom