TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Same goes for the AM 87 jewels, those sat for ages....FL couldn't give them away...I think they even went down to 15 eu in the sale at a certain point and they still sat

Yeah. Forgot about the AM1 jewels.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy. Because this is exactly how I remember it. Never owned a pair of jewels so when I see the thirst for them now, I'm baffled.

Waddup, Phil. I can't say I didn't have jewels, but I definitely preferred the regular style. Also, highs were always may favorite cut of the AF1, so that was wack too because they didn't do highs. ...Except for that sample pair that Phase2x has and won't sell to me. Grrr.

*humble brag* hahahhaha. besides having more jewels, u drop enough jewels in this thread, speak your mind my liege.
i know and remember when jewels came out and it wasn't something so hot that everyone was rocking them. a lot of them hit sales racks and i think it's more due to the fact of the size of the swoosh is why they weren't well received upon release. but nowadays all of these sneakerherbs, i mean sneakerheads, go crazy for a vintage pair. you can parallel this to air max 1 jewels.

Oh, you should talk - you're the king of the humble brag out in Lo thread. LOL.

I wouldn't even completely say it's love for vintage, because most of these herbs actually don't respect vintage at all - or else I'd be the one getting Martini money for my joints, instead of those dudes selling fake Oregon 3s. What these doofuses want is to act like they know something you don't. But, they don't know jack because they're all paint by number. So, they hear you're into Forces and they're like, "yo back in the days, them jewels was crazy, my dude." And, it's like, nah padawan, dem jewels wuz da dissapointmentz, famalamadingdong." As always, a little knowledge is worse than no knowledge - most dudes in this "game" know just enough to screw things up.

Jewel AM1s are still wack.

I wouldn't got THAT far, brotha.

It wasn't really the jewels itself that the problem was..it was the colorways
If they released those black n yellow and black n red joints with the good leather they would seLL to ppl like us.

As far as the contrast stitching bumblebees and the blk n reds in 01..
Out here my way they sold out week 1
I grabbed the black n red last pairs but couldn't get "bumblebees" nowhere

They did release tho color combos in leather.

There were the red style cones in '98. There was the Greek pack in, what, '04?

What are you talking about man, I know they released or they would hardly exist...that's not what I'm saying..

They released them then in 00's YES,
I'm talking now they should re-release those colorways...

Someone said jewels came back out within these last year or so ago and nobody was interested... I'm saying that's cause they weren't those colorways.. They released some low blk n white jewels and some others but nothing nice that older heads would be interested in..

Last edited:
Damn man you wear my size too..
mean.gif

10.5-11.5 right?
sick.gif
mean.gif
where'd u find yours?

Still need these too..passed on em two yrs back..kicking myself
I wear an sz 11-12 and sometimes a 10.5 one of them but those are a sz 12 the bumblebees that is but i mite get in touch with u about a possible trade with one of my older af1s just stay on the lookout in ur inbox

My AF1 taste is soooo simple. LOL. Hi model 1 color no contrast stitching. I own a few as in 2-3 miss, a few multi colors, nary a fusion or jewel and a ton of lows. Wearing the mowaabs today but I don't consider those fusions.

Last edited:
What are you talking about man, I know they released or they would hardly exist...that's not what I'm saying..

They released them then in 00's YES,
I'm talking now they should re-release those colorways...

Someone said jewels came back out within these last year or so ago and nobody was interested... I'm saying that's cause they weren't those colorways.. They released some low blk n white jewels and some others but nothing nice that older heads would be interested in..

They released few pairs, one of them was Bronco mids. The Bronco wids were a solid, classic CW - and those flopped just as hard as the crappy lows, so my poisiton stands. AF1 jewel retros would flop regardless of color. ...If they wanted to give themselves a chance at successfully caking off the jewel, they could put it up as an option on ID. That would probably work because older heads would just recreate whatever their favorite CW was and Nike wouldn't have to worry about which CWs to pick to retro and wind up overproducing them.

Like I said, my personal stance is that they should retro none of that. They won't do it justice, so leave it alone. Do it right or don''t do it at all, and they aren't going to do it right.

beating a dead horse... the shape is everything.

even with a classic color way and awesome leather. if the shape isnt there i aint buyin that...

so unless they bring back that 96 olympic shape.. or the 2000/2001 shape. there is no way to do them justice.

im with Graider on this one.

The classic colorways were released. Bronco mids, all grey lows all red lows. Simple CW like back in the day. That grey mid with neon jewel was a cool colorway that dropped too.

But plastic leather and bad shape just turn off for me. :smh:

Going to a stockroom full of older forces tomorrow.. Hopefully I can pull out some gems

Last edited:
new pick up for me. so excited i was able to get my hands on a pair.

hated myself for passing on a pair straat sold on ebay years ago.

Nice pick-up, bud.

They look way better in your pics. If I had seen your pics instead of the pics that I did see, I would have put up an actual fight.

Have some questions I was hoping some of you guys could help answer.

Anyone know what the first-ever AF1 Mid was?

Also what was the first white on white AF1 released?

I've seen mids as far back as 1994 but not sure if that was the first year they were introduced. I also think the first white on white was the 1996 patent lows. Am I correct?

Have some questions I was hoping some of you guys could help answer.

Anyone know what the first-ever AF1 Mid was?

Also what was the first white on white AF1 released?

I've seen mids as far back as 1994 but not sure if that was the first year they were introduced. I also think the first white on white was the 1996 patent lows. Am I correct?

1994 was the first mid. Some of those releases said AF-1Mid on the velcro closure. There were only a handful of pairs. I think the first pair was the black and white with the red accents, but I'm not sure that was the first overall colorway.

As far as the white on whites, I'm not sure.

There was a pair of all white leather mids that just said Nike Air in silver on the back that were released as part of that 1994 run. Shawnyboyy has a pair of those.

There were also earlier highs - all white leather highs, and one with a gum sole that had the two-piece orange Nike box, so probably like '92-95. ...Solecuts has both of those pairs.

Not sure before that.

Last edited:
Dude said "early release". Maybe a sample of the boot leather set.

But what is throwing me off is the duebre.. It's the old school one.

I like the swoosh. And, the materials look ok. They remind me of the workboots, which might actually be the last pair of new release AF1s I bought.

There's a lot about them I don't like too, but even having SOME redeeming qualities is a rarity nowadays.

Guys...I can confirm that old AF1 are still sitting in the back of storages collecting dust....hope I can get pics up soon got 3 stock rooms of stuff from the 90's... Thing is 2 of 3 storages is in neighborhoods I'm not willing to step foot in...but most likely will

BIP those ids are really dope i could actually fox with those

and i believe i know of that store in chi town with all the old stock, i cant think of the name but its something weird like dream land or some ****z

BIP those are filthy :nthat:

Thanks.

I made some very minor tweaks - switched the heel tab after some consulting with JayRocks and, ordered them today. (Those codes were all dead though. Oh well Good looks anyway!)

Some of you probably know the inspiration.

I'll post pics when they come.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom