TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha...Justin those are dope. Maybe even a black pair. Id def go for some of those if the price wasnt too crazy. I used silver on the first pair...silver meshamd swoosh.

Originally Posted by battleground03

BubbaEla1 wrote:
quick question that prolly wont get answered because its not a shoe pic. Most of you seem to love the id program. For those that do, why? Is it simply because you can custom your own shoes? or is there more to it than that. And excuse my ignorance but are the numbers that are allowed to be made limited or is it just until they switch styles? Anyone that doesnt?
I agree with Cris about being able to control and create your own colorways and yes it's simply because we can customize our own. This might be a far fetched comparison but if I was to get inked up, I for sure wouldn't just pick a standard piece off the wall, wouldn't you want something created just for you?
i agree with the ink comparison as someone who is blasted with ink. It should all be personal. Whether it is off the wall or a custom piece. But ithink shoes can be personal to you off the wall. Look at the most sought after colorways. All GR simple colorways "straight off the walls, i mean straightoff the sale racks!!!. But i hear ya sir and thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by neukicks

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

quick question that prolly wont get answered because its not a shoe pic. Most of you seem to love the id program. For those that do, why? Is it simply because you can custom your own shoes? or is there more to it than that. And excuse my ignorance but are the numbers that are allowed to be made limited or is it just until they switch styles? Anyone that doesnt?

I can speak for myself, and maybe some others Bubba, but its the fact that you are able to create your very own design, and the air max 1's that nike is putting out right now, are garbage. This gives me(us) the ability to design something to our liking rather than having to purchase some trash from nike. Atleast thats what I like about them....and some of the opitions given allow you to recreate some classics. Also gives you the ability to create something that "noone else will have"
^^pretty much...except the "no one else" part
laugh.gif
couple of designs out there are just too dope not to do.
i think the "no one else" part is just a heart felt broad generalization that is basically true. Its not fake and jaded like all theJordan PE collectors who think they are getting something no one else has and truly beleive it, only to find out that there are multiple production dates andmany many people with them. I think the id program is both good and bad. But my opinion is just as valid as all of yours. So im just seeing how people feelabout it. Appreciate all the replies and responces

haha...Justin those are dope. Maybe even a black pair. Id def go for some of those if the price wasnt too crazy. I used silver on the first pair...silver mesh amd swoosh.
hmmmm a black pair....brb!

what about the one with the blue? that's white right? that's the one i was referring to in my question. sorry....still half asleep
embarassed.gif

larrivee7 wrote:
Only way I'm wearing any maxes in this weather would be if Nike did a collab. with Carhartt
pimp.gif
roll.gif

----dont see that ever happening. Bad blood still from the carhartt sb that wasnt carhartt approved.

on the new options...I have no info, but I would assume they'd go up around the same time as the IDs went up the first week or so...around 4pm PST?

Originally Posted by neukicks

HAHA, I'm bring my tights and long johns and what not, i'll be flying in early afternoon tomorrow, there till Saturday so I can enjoy the snow....AGAIN. I wear Maxes in ANY weather, so i'll have two pairs with me, hit me up tomorrow if you wanna grab a beer or
smokin.gif
something. I will be bored outta my mind.
Hopefully the snow will fizzle out and not do much, guess we'll see. Work's looking really busy next few days, if I'm able to hangI'll for sure let you know
glasses.gif
. I'm trying to think of somemore stuff you might could do while you're in town, I'll PM/text you later.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Only way I'm wearing any maxes in this weather would be if Nike did a collab. with Carhartt
pimp.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
......this would be soooooo sick!! i absolutely love both my carhartt dunk lows! if they did an AM1 or AM90.....i'd need 3 pairs easily lol
....i had to PS this idea, it was stuck in my head.
roll.gif
I wondered if you or somebody would throw a PS up. Nice
pimp.gif
. I didn't know about the dunks or realize there were anycarhartt-inspired shoes. I said it as a joke but as soon as I typed it, I was like "what would that look like?"
laugh.gif
. If I had the time at work, I would've been trying to whip something up. Maybe using just black and the brown, or throwing in some of the other colors they use. Regardless, the canvas-like "duck" material would worknicely. Mix in a Carhartt logo on the tongue, a couple of brass rivets somewhere............
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

BubbaEla1 wrote:
I agree with Cris about being able to control and create your own colorways and yes it's simply because we can customize our own. This might be a far fetched comparison but if I was to get inked up, I for sure wouldn't just pick a standard piece off the wall, wouldn't you want something created just for you?
i agree with the ink comparison as someone who is blasted with ink. It should all be personal. Whether it is off the wall or a custom piece. But i think shoes can be personal to you off the wall. Look at the most sought after colorways. All GR simple colorways "straight off the walls, i mean straight off the sale racks!!!. But i hear ya sir and thanks for the reply.

True about something off the wall being personal. Every decision made by an individual should be personal...
Thanks fort bringing up a good topic to discuss

Is Carhartt really that big everywhere?

I thought all my cow patty kickin', Stetson wearing, Marlboro man looking, ball strangling Wrangler jeans wearing homies here in Texas were the only guysthat wore that stuff... ???

Infact, if you go somewhere asking for Carhartt here in Texas, they'll say, "Sure, go up isle 9, take a left at the shotguns and hang a right at thedeer corn, the Carhartt section is right next to the Spurs foam fingers."

the first "ID" shoes that i heard of is back when you could bring swatches of your own material to the vans store and they would send it out to thefactory and make your shoe for you. this was back in the 70's.

Jake - geologists love Carhartts for the type of work we do. I'm guessing that's why larrivee7 brought it up. I have far more pairs of Carhartts then the types of denims people in here wear. they are cheap (relatively), last a long time, and they don't make skinnyjeans
but and AM/Carhartt colab is an interesting concept. I see something similar to the Pattas but with Carhartt colored denims..

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

actually, the first "ID" shoes that i heard of is back when you could bring swatches of your own material to the vans store and they would send it out to the factory and make your shoe for you. this was back in the 70's.
Very true... I heared you could bring whatever material you wanted into the store and they would send it off to made into a classic slip on Ibelieve... Nice remembering that man, I had totally forgotten about that...

^^^silver soft suede/silver reflective.
ahhh ok, it looked white. i think i'm just gonna have to risk it with this bone color and hope it comes out alright.
laugh.gif

Seth - brass loops around the lace holes would be dope, sort of like how the black pattas have the black ones....verydope idea
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

"Sure, go up isle 9, take a left at the shotguns and hang a right at the deer corn, the Carhartt section is right next to the Spurs foam fingers."
roll.gif
....out here in NYC, Carhartt has been worn for a longtime. anything from the jeans, work pants, jackets, hoodies, overalls, etc....i still have 2 jackets from them. Dickies work pants/shirts had a good run toobut nothing beats the Carhartt's IMO. the durability and cold weather protection on some of the stuff is unparalleled.

here's two black versions of the Carhartt AM1.....damn these templates, i'm here trying to not fall off the deep end again and make up a hundreddifferent colorways.

Jake -
laugh.gif
I'm from KY and grew up farming, so my awareness ofCarhartt isn't all that surprising nor does it add much diversity to Carhartt's influence (your list of attributes of Carhartt wearers didn'treally sound all that foreign to me
roll.gif
). But, if you work outside in thecold, you have to have the stuff no matter where you live. Their coats and coveralls are borderline indestructible and definitely keep you warm.

Jibby - I've been wearing it since I was a kid, but yes - definitely part of the uniform for field geology.

Justin - SICK
pimp.gif
, nicely done. Very close to what I initially visualized,too.

This thread takes on so many topics, never fails to entertain and enlighten
pimp.gif
(although this one was my fault
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

actually, the first "ID" shoes that i heard of is back when you could bring swatches of your own material to the vans store and they would send it out to the factory and make your shoe for you. this was back in the 70's.
Very true... I heared you could bring whatever material you wanted into the store and they would send it off to made into a classic slip on I believe... Nice remembering that man, I had totally forgotten about that...
they also had a binder with all types of materials/colors to choose from....I made some back in the day
smokin.gif
Thats cool other people rememberthat...

Not the 70's but I remember getting some Vans that you can customize. It think my pair was maroon/grey with "rad" logo's on the midsole
tongue.gif
This was back in my bmx freestyle days

Yeah I just grew up at a school a little southeast of San Antone and everyone out there, whether you were in FFA or 4H or not, you wore a Carhartt andWranglers. I myself did not do the Wranglers but in my younger years had one of the classic Carhartt jackets. I probably even rocked it with my Penny IIs andcrazy horse Dr. Marten 8 holes... I mean it rarely gets cold in Texas but when it does it's usually wet and rainy too. I just figured Texas was the onlystate that really rocked it. You learn something everyday... I will admit to wearing a Abercrombie knock off Carhart in highschool though, good thing it gotstolen... lol

These QSs came in today... Straight from the outlets...
I know like 3 people here in SA are expecting them to be here today, as well as Cris... All confirmation for the 5th...

And these iDs came in today as well...
I have one more pair that came in about a week ago but I'm not gonna post it until I am "done" with it... Justin help me out...

just a heads up, new AM1 id options are now available, not really feelin' it, but I'll probably warm up to them sooner or later

Originally Posted by larrivee7

This thread takes on so many topics, never fails to entertain and enlighten
pimp.gif
(although this one was my fault
laugh.gif
).
QFT

This was back in my bmx freestyle days
word Chris? i used to do some street riding way back when, loved my Haro blammo (Mirra is my absolutefavorite rider, Nyquist comes in a close 2nd tho) and cozmo
frown.gif
. i gotinto that after rollerblading took on a whole new image with the grinding, i was never able to learn that so i got off the inlines and hopped on a bike. ialways wanted to go to woodward to really learn more the more serious stuff on the ramps but then i hit high school....started
smokin.gif
....and it's all downhill from there....
laugh.gif

Jake - dope man, ur nt name just made it
laugh.gif

orange and electric green outsoles FTW...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom