TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modz - Avatar was def the best movie I've seen all year. If u gotta a choice, 3D is a must.
Cris - 2007 options... Leather and change bubble color?
pimp.gif

UFB - Nice curries!

So is this the last of the new options or are we expecting more?

^Are those out yet, they're kinda growing on me too.
if anyone has them, I'm curious as to how the materials are.

I'm ordering my Heineken IDs this afternoon. Beet red is preferred over the Hot red? Trying to get it as close as possible to varsity red

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

I'm ordering my Heineken IDs this afternoon. Beet red is preferred over the Hot red? Trying to get it as close as possible to varsity red

beet red isnt that dark in person, ive noticed that the on the comp NIKE ID colors are +*+*!@ up, like the new julep looks alot better in person..... i madesome tiffanys ones , they look alot better with the swatch in your hand then online......

I have a question for those of you who have been collecting for the last decade or two.. I seem to remember when I was a kid that when I went to get a pair ofkicks that the laces were only through the first 2 holes. when you tried on a pair the person would lace one or both all the way up for you. now they comefully laced. when did this change? what do you think caused this change? I'm sure this has been discussed before but I figured here was a safe place toask. just curious.. thanks ahead

I think that if ur going for as close to the original Heinekens then go with beet. But the couple of Heineken "Lights" that people made using Hot Redlook pretty good too.

Originally Posted by UltraFlatBlack

fam sz 9.
i was peepin' those, cool colorway. fwiw, there's also a really sick size 8.5 pair of bursts out there too, the ones in the usa am1colorway. unfortunately, 2 1/2 sizes too small for me. hope somebody here is interested and gets 'em.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Rob...I think the marina blue is darker than a Marlins teal. Battleground posted some pics using marina blue on some BW IDs some pages back...

Good looks on that info.. Will just contact him since I had a question about a pair on his blog..

oh yeah and airon: my id's were all made in China, but that doesn't really mean they are all made in the same factory in China. my '08 am90id's were made in China but they shipped from a different city than the am1 id's I ordered in December. people tend to forget how big China is. I'msure there are several manufacturing plants or factories throughout the country that Nike has used to make their products.

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

I have a question for those of you who have been collecting for the last decade or two.. I seem to remember when I was a kid that when I went to get a pair of kicks that the laces were only through the first 2 holes. when you tried on a pair the person would lace one or both all the way up for you. now they come fully laced. when did this change? what do you think caused this change? I'm sure this has been discussed before but I figured here was a safe place to ask. just curious.. thanks ahead
Wow. I had totally forgot about that. Trying on shoes was that much more of an event back then. The "process" was something youdon't get now...............now you're just pretty much handed the box. I'm real curious why the change as well. I'd guess Footlocker oranother company mandated it happen, to free up their staff a bit. Like how grocery store's rarely bag your grocerys anymore.
grin.gif

That's my best guess, cause it would definatley make more sence for the manufactuers to leave em un-laced. Who knows though.

-Andrew-

Originally Posted by crisone

^ or they'll try to sell you some waterproof sneaker cleaner............

Cris.
Ha...or some inserts or socks. Theyre more interested in selling you the extras than the shoes.

ILL-Nice job on tha AJ4 AM's. I like tha speckle job.

Fellas- Is the white really white? I think I remember someone saying it was more like bone/cream color.

no doubt guys, buying sneakers used to be an event. you'd sit, they'd check your size with the metal size measure thing, they'd bring out a couplesizes for you, lace 'em up, check where your toes were, etc. now you don't get any help at all. it's pretty sad, really. yet another reason to buyshoes on the internet.

blakperl - the white suede is definitely more a "natural" white or "bone" as some call it. I didn't like it, personally. I believethe reflective white is pure white though.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

blakperl - the white suede is definitely more a "natural" white or "bone" as some call it. I didn't like it, personally. I believe the reflective white is pure white though.

yep...sent 2 pairs back because of it. It would be alright...just make sure you dont use white laces with a white quarter becasue you'll be able to see abig difference.

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

Originally Posted by s dubl

I remember that also....the worker would lace em up for you, sometimes check to see if you had too much room in the toes, tell you to take a few steps to see if you like em...now they just bring you out the box and say "will that be all, I'll ring you up over here"
smh.gif
I miss the good ol days
laugh.gif

Yup. And then wear them suckers right out of the store
pimp.gif
Good feelingright there, miss that.

roll.gif
...Jake, good one! definitelygonna pull a play like that to get some black pattas
nerd.gif
(damn giants
smh.gif
)

Jibby - who knows, maybe they just figured the masses were too stupid to correctly tie their shoes. i know shoes asrecent as 2003-2004 still came like that so the change is recent. after all these years in this culture, i can lace up a pair (neatly with even length and noflipped laces) in under 2 minutes lol
Cris - when i worked stock at FTL, they would ask us once in a while to help out on the sales floor. first responseoutta me was always "i'm not selling insoles!!"
Shaun - i really like that 2nd design, maybe with a blue outsole tho
nerd.gif

Space/Tyler - that tiffany inspired is nice, i did a pair as well with all black upper, white midsole/black outsole,silver reflective swoosh and heel ID. changed up the color in PS to get the idea of what the julep would actually look like based on the swatches and AM1samples:

rocking red dragons today...trust me
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

no doubt guys, buying sneakers used to be an event. you'd sit, they'd check your size with the metal size measure thing, they'd bring out a couple sizes for you, lace 'em up, check where your toes were, etc. now you don't get any help at all. it's pretty sad, really. yet another reason to buy shoes on the internet.

blakperl - the white suede is definitely more a "natural" white or "bone" as some call it. I didn't like it, personally. I believe the reflective white is pure white though.

That and most the stuff that Footlockers, Footactions, Finishlines, etc. Carry is crap. I remember being able to go into any one of those stores and couldalways find something I like. Now because of all the cheap materials, crappy looking air units, I just go in now and am like meh.
ohwell.gif
Seriously, most of the shoes they sell now FEEL like the Nike's you findat Kohls.
roll.gif
Pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom