TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really liking the black xbox id's a couple pages back, and the atlantic penny II id's are just amazing, Jw is definitely an ID god

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Seth - nice job on the HOA's, they look great! those scirocco's are dope too, the laces look crazy. I assume that little stripe is reflective? by the way, when we gonna see an app from ya?
nerd.gif

Thanks dude. The stripe isn't reflective I don't think, just shiny silver thread braided through the center. Does have a little shine to it, though,so maybe it's some 1.5M
laugh.gif

Man, I've been meaning to get an app together for like a year. I contacted Cris at one point (that's what he's referring to), and even purchased acertain article of clothing from him (that I've yet to be able to wear, haha). I just haven't gotten the chance to take collection pics yet. Thissummer/fall we bought our house and shoes have been scattered/crammed into places and plus a lot of my down time I'm working on the house. Whenever I doget a little spare time, it seems I'm either waiting on "one more package" or I've got a pair I want to clean up or restore a little before Itake pics
laugh.gif
. I'm definitely slowing down on the pickups, sohopefully I'll be able to get something thrown together soon. I'll have to find a time when the mrs. is out of the house because she's a littlebit of a neat-freak. If she sees me pulling boxes out of everywhere she's gonna flip and then try to get me to sell all of them
tongue.gif

Man, it's lonely bein a Cavs fan in here.
laugh.gif

I'll have the sign sayin "Kobe who?" with an AMFAM logo in the corner for all you west-coast FAM.

Can't wait, above all else, just hope it's a great game, and not another Christmas day blow-out.
Heard they might be filming a puppet commercial right before the game starts. That would be dope.

c4- ya the thought of that and the bars before and after eliminated a few pairs.
laugh.gif

-Andrew-

**edit: I had completely forgotten about this shirt. I should be easy to spot FAM! Tune it....mark my words, prelude to The Finals.

Originally Posted by crisone

^ if I'm not mistaken, I think Seth put one in a long time ago....if not, go ahead Seth, you know you got my approval.

And also for those who's been in here for a while now with out an approval or what not, re-post your collections.......

This thread tends to move fast, so apps are left in the dust sometimes........

Cris.
Here goes my 2nd attempt at tryin to be FAM.
embarassed.gif

ILLusRAYt wrote:

What's going on, AMFAM! Here goes my application.
happy.gif

I've been a longtime lurker with this thread and the original one before it. Members here really treat one another like family, which is real illy. I've never wanted to be a part of a "team" on the internet, but this team is definitely an exception.

My name is Raymond, and I'm located in Daly City (10 minutes from SF) and Sacramento.

I've been "collecting" since late 2001 / early 2002. To be honest, I didn't consider casually wearing an AM and adding it to my collection until the Nike dropped the HOA campaign in 2005. Like the masses of members of NT and other sneaker forums, I purchased a pair of the Infrared90s. Numerous months later, sleepers from the HOA campaign began to hit outlets for $40 and under. At this point, I was a pretty overweight kid (45 pounds to be exact), and I wanted to shed the weight. There couldn't be a more fitting time to purchase some new runners for better health. I purchased the Women's HOA 93 (Limes) HOA 95 (Grapes), in hopes of becoming healthy. I thought the investment wouldn't be that bad because if I quit, I'd have a nice pair to wear casually
laugh.gif
. Months pass, MANY miles were logged, my AMs looked worse and worse after every run, but, most importantly, I lost the that extra 40 pounds. AMs, especially the two mentioned, were the stepping stone to better health for me, and they will be kept as a daily reminder that hard work pays off. Ever since then, I sold many sneakers to get funds for AMs because they looked real good and were lighter compred to most of the AF1s and basketball sneakers I was wearing.

I wear a size 8-8.5. My favorite AM is the 90 with the 1 and 95 not far behind. My AM Grails are Undefeated 90iDs / 1iDs, Viotech 1iDs and Atmos Safaris. I've sold about 10 pairs of AMs / runners in the past (some of which I greatly regret selling)... Aquamarine Huarache Lights, Lime90s that I customized to have the same blocking as the Infrareds (a few weeks after the project was completed, AMs were available for iDs
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
) and Huf1s.

Here's my collection. I know I don't have serious stuff like you all here, but I'm pretty humble with it.
2mxn5eq.jpg

5brb85.jpg

2mx52ts.jpg

Front Row (L->R): Infrareds, Women's HOA 90s, Friendly Footballs, Copper / Pinks

Second Row: Slate 95s, Coral Pegasus, HOA 180, Escape93s.

Back: PennyIIiDs, Clerks, Atmos, Huarache

Most recent pick-ups. Crepe90 & QS AM1
2z70wvp.jpg

k4v58h.jpg

Cleveland222 wrote:
Man, it's lonely bein a Cavs fan in here.
laugh.gif

You're not the only one. I became one in 05. I won't lie... the IIs were the catalyst to becoming a LeBron/Cavs fan.

Originally Posted by jaytthelegend

The neon jacket and rib-cage T just popped up at my local spot. Retail is $150 for the jacket. T was like $32 I believe. Pretty clean in person. Not sure if pics were posted yet.

Beautiful day in CT today.

-Jay

Thanks for the style number of the jacket. Now to call around NJ to find it. If anyone knows of a place PM me. Thanks.

Jonathon - I believe I've seen you around here a lot (it does move fast!). anyhow, you got my vote. but youdidn't list your size. I'm guessing 12 based on your sig...
Jake - a bit late but sick Penny inspired IDs. the white doesn't look too off on them. and the laces and no tonguetag are perfect. props sir!
Justin - liking all the inspired IDs, but those 360 ones are very nice indeed. must admit, I thought of the RROD firstthing too. I will admit, I've been there
Cris - nice 09s and pic as always. they looking a bit infraish in that pic
Seth - wow, 25 hours a week is tough. hope things pick up soon for you! nice cleanups too. since you are around thehouse today get your app together man!! you know you got my thumbs up.. and yea that Red River Gorge is super sick. you should try to hit it up again. Iremember reading something about there being plants there left over from the ice age that have somehow remained.
James - where you at man!
for me today (recycled). I love me some 93s!

PEAS

HeinekAMs looking more & more tempting with every pic. nice work on all the iDs fam. i'm still awaiting my first 2 pairs (via Mayhem
wink.gif
). kinda holding off on ordering any more until i see them in the flesh.difficult though with all the pairs being posted on here.

eorr23 - great price on those Shady Bursts.
marco23d - very nice 95s, my size too. must be gutting having to let go of a shoe you treasure so much. thankfully,i've not been in that position (yet!).
ArtStranger - Spruce 95s are sick also.
HipHopJunkie - the majority of the outsole is black with the rest grey (or silver as on the current options).
denver - congrats on those 87s. that seller must have cleaned up at an outlet or something. they're all he sells!
Steve - been a while. great pic of those Storms.
Mr Mayhem - thanks again for bringing Xmas to me again in Jan... I see what you mean about Rosa Acosta
tongue.gif

again, shame about the Kill Bills - 30% off Nike Store but not iD and only upto $100 is a bit stingey of them though. when i first read 30% i couldn't help but picture some HUGE TEAM FAM iD order
laugh.gif
let's hope you have more luck with the next project.
Mike Tak - thanks again bro for the decal, just got it today in Justin's goodie parcel. let me know if i can everget anything for you on this side. i guess i better get that application through before i start representing lol. i'm thinking post #100
smile.gif

larrivee7 - nice clean ups. i was right about those HOAs then.
ILLustRAYt - nice collection. Slates and Crepes gotta be my faves amongst them.

had these for a while now but as the laces were a mess they've been sat in a box doing nothing. props to J for hooking me up with a nice new pair.
4293040987_b15ed280e1.jpg
4293041529_ac564b4e06.jpg

never noticed the diff colour swoosh on the heel until now. nice touch.

today to bum about the house in
4293035323_bc4eb98887.jpg

i knew these were old so thought i'd check 'em out... but '97!
eek.gif
the last thing i want is another Pool incident (just 2 wears from DS to RIP), so i'm gonna try and wear them for a few hours a week, even indoorsif i have to
laugh.gif

teaser of my latest pickup in today
4293038661_8baa6c3415.jpg

landslides and hail?! hope you guys are safe out there on the west coast.

blakperl - thanks man, these are the only ones that i picked up from that release, post up a pic of your teals homie.

ray - you have a nice start so far, keep it up, hope you make fam.

jibby - clean 93s
smokin.gif

-mars

looks bad out here...was snowing yesterday
smh.gif

Drew...after the Clippers beat the Lakers, the Lakers came back and spanked em by 40. Im expecting the same tonight with the Cavs. So hopefully you didnt spendtoo much on those tickets so you're not too disappointed
tongue.gif

Ray...you got my vote bro!

Jonathan...I dont see you in here too often...contributre a lil more and you'll def get my vote!

peace Fam...bout to drive to work in this crap waether.

Supamars- I wore those huaraches yesterday.... I have been searching for the brown/purple pair high and low.....ANY LEADS???

ILLUSTRAYT- Nice- loving those blue/green huaraches man

Gooey-nice AMs

jaythelegend- I am patiently waiting for that jacket to hit ndc

Damn this page is full of heat

gooey, those 95's are dope. reminds me of grapes/slates for some reason..
those storm 90's are dope too, i know kev has like multiple pairs of those somewhere in his stash lol

mind if i plug in my app for the fam too?
nerd.gif

Drew - i'll be tuned in and DVR'ing for future gif use
glasses.gif

Jibby - RROD is the worst thing to happen, especially after a 1st prestige ever
mad.gif

Gooey - you're welcome bro and sick 95's right there.
laugh.gif
@ the huge TAF order....that would have been dope. oh...speaking of that,i'll be holding your ID's hostage until u post a full pic of those pattas
grin.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif

damnit....why couldn't that neon jacket be $99.99 so i could use my 30%
ohwell.gif

El Bro- I thought those were yours. I'd love to find a DS pair in a 10.5, those and the em's.

Cleveland,

I'll DEFINITELY be watching the game, as Im sure many of us will...definitely will keep an eye out for a Team AM Fam sighting
laugh.gif

quick question...is 400 too much to pay for DS Urawas (sz 12)? I'd love to get them for less, but I never see my size pop up

Originally Posted by radxrayz

quick question...is 400 too much to pay for DS Urawas (sz 12)? I'd love to get them for less, but I never see my size pop up

...............Honestly, if you have the loot, spend it, especially if your size doesn't pop up, i paid about $100 more than usual on a DS pair of Baconsin my size, and no regrets at all, so, go for it.

Cris.

^at 350 I would feel a lot better, esp. since I'd want to wear them.
My cheap bastard side tells me 400 is too high, but if that's really what it takes...maybe I just have to step up.

^ Yeah, pay the price.....I paid $850 for my Amsterdams, and wear them as if I paid $50 for them, haha, just getting my money's worth.....

Also....you got a dope AM collection.

Cris.

gooey - I believe the nickname for those 95's is "evergreens" right? love 'em. those are great colors. and black pattas
mad.gif
very nice haha. and I wish you the best of luck with those safeties, I wore minea little at first (they were pretty well used when I got them) and they were ok, but then I wore them for a full day at work and they started to go...
frown.gif
and I know Justin hooked you up already but if you ever need anotherUSA connect on ordering something, feel free to hit me up!

Andrew - I'll be sure to tune in to the game whenever there's a break in the action from my game (Nugs/Clips). where are you sitting? i'll see ifI can spot you. I have part of one game from a couple seasons ago DVR'd

radxrayz - i mean, if you're spending $350 on a pair of sneakers, what's another $50? if you really want them, I'd say go for it. I know ofsomebody who spend maybe more than that for that size and they weren't even DS as far as I know... by the way man, you got a nice AM collection. urawaswould be a great addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom