TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

James - u already know those are some dope ID's, u went with fog mesh on the blurawas i see.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
yea man, they are sick, was gonna order a pair or two more today, but somehow and someway i just got sucked into going to the mariah carey show tonight in DC!
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by neukicks

somehow and someway i just got sucked into going to the mariah carey show tonight in DC!
laugh.gif
smh.gif

...you better be hitting after
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

post up some more pics of the ID's when u get a chance, i wanna see the blurawas wit the fog....
nerd.gif

Whats crackin Fam!

Illy - Thanks for those shots of the McFlys. I like em!
Justin - Those atom reds are dope!
pimp.gif

Neukicks - Very nice IDs!
Seth - Thanks for the tailwind analysis. They are growing more and more on me.
Tak/Andrew - I tried to look up the logo on the tongue...
Suede&Mesh.com - "The common element for all the pairs from the collection is a characteristic logo on the tongue, which was immediately nicknamed a "little penis" (or some other less polite names of this organ)."
Sneakernews.com - "There are also two different black Air Max 1s, both of which share the BW’s swooping tongue tag insignia.  That seems to be a theme of this collection"

So pretty much no one knows, probably just trying a new design.

Neukicks,

Nice IDs man, what c/w did you use on the mesh on your clots, fog or black?

Also, on a related note,

Cris,

I remember seeing your clot IDs not too long ago, did those have fog or black mesh? Had the pic saved on my comp and came across it earlier today...

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Suede&Mesh.com - "The common element for all the pairs from the collection is a characteristic logo on the tongue, which was immediately nicknamed a "little penis" (or some other less polite names of this organ)."
allow me...

Mayhem - Or his other auctions that just ended. Some good ones. I got outbid on his jewel 95's. That's a few annoying 'beats' over the last couple of days. Oh well, got something else come in yesterday. Pic in a bit.

did yuku just go back in time? the last two posts I made on NT have disappeared and everything has reverted back to about 20 minutes ago... weird...

nevermind, it's back to normal. 

Neu: Nice iDs!

Justin: ILLY pick-up, Sir!

Mitch & Kickz: They're not mine! haha I just wanted to share how Marina Blue looked in actual pics to te FAM. I won't lie... they look pretty dope. I'd probably swap Marina Blue for Julep and opt for an Orange sole.

Cris: ILLY!

Larrivee: Thanks for the info on the new-aged Tailwinds! Especially, for providing a good picto rep "Electric Green". I'm second-thinking utilizing it on a a future iD. It's a bit too green for what I was going for...

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Neukicks,

Nice IDs man, what c/w did you use on your mesh, fog or black?

Also, on a related note,

Cris,

I remember seeing your clot IDs not too long ago, did those have fog or black mesh? Had the pic saved on my comp and came across it earlier today...

..............Fog Mesh.

Cris.

greetings everyone.

spacej23 - downey single-handedly beat kentucky and those chillis held up quite well.
justin -
laugh.gif
, killing me with those gifs.
cris and neukicks - clean ids fellas.
laugh.gif
, beyonce > mariah, imo.
tak - nice pattas, waiting for you to break out the purple pair.
larrivee - i like the materials, just not the design. appreciate the pics. i guess kansas will be number one next week.

work.

-mars

Originally Posted by UKBased

Mayhem - Or his other auctions that just ended. Some good ones. I got outbid on his jewel 95's. That's a few annoying 'beats' over the last couple of days. Oh well, got something else come in yesterday. Pic in a bit.
damn, i was only watching the obsidians but there were some nice ones up there.
Originally Posted by denverairforce

didyuku just go back in time? the last two posts I made on NT havedisappeared and everything has reverted back to about 20 minutes ago...weird...

nevermind, it's back to normal. 
damn magicians
smh.gif
.....one minute everything's here...the next it's gone....
nerd.gif

they fail almost as hard as this guy:

Mars, USA's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Denver - I feel ya, when I read the description of the logo i was
indifferent.gif
then
laugh.gif
. And yea, Yuku been acting up lately. I sometimes wont see my post until I refresh the page a few times.

Originally Posted by SupaMars11

greetings everyone.

spacej23 - downey single-handedly beat kentucky and those chillis held up quite well.
justin -
laugh.gif
, killing me with those gifs.
cris and neukicks - clean ids fellas.
laugh.gif
, beyonce > mariah, imo.
tak - nice pattas, waiting for you to break out the purple pair.
larrivee - i like the materials, just not the design. appreciate the pics. i guess kansas will be number one next week.

work.

-mars
Supa'  Ive broke those out already a few times. Justin told me to stop wearing them
laugh.gif

and if tomorrow has blue skys.......Ill break out my greens.

Originally Posted by larrivee7

I decided to take the opportunity to check out the new Tailwinds.  Thought I would share some pics:

This pic shows the color the most accurately, the electric green is very green.  For comparison, next to the 2009s.

I was surprised to see this CW, I don't know if it was posted before (if so, I missed it)

Both look good, but honestly I think I like the Livestrong CW more.

As far as comfort, they felt pretty good, rather lightweight.  I tried on some 2009's for comparison (I hadn't tried them on before either).  To be honest, the 2009's were definitely more comfortable, specifically in the forefoot.  The Tailwinds are comfortable, but don't have the "walking on a huge bubble" feel of the 09's.  But, they're $60 cheaper as well.  The mesh surprised me a little bit.  It was soft enough, but from thephotos I had assumed it to be a little thicker/substantial.  But, if itwas it would have added some additional weight.  That being said, Idoubt anyone would be disappointed, just an observation. The toe cap and heel cap are glossy (which I usually dislike), but there's not so much of that material that it takes anything away from the shoe.

They seem to run a little long but narrow. I can usually wear a 10.5 or 11, tried a 10.5 on and they fit but I wouldn't want them any longer.  They feel narrow because the insole seemed to be kind of cupped (concave up) and I don't have a wide foot at all to begin with.  Definitely try them on to get a better idea of what size you'd need.  If I had to guess, I'd say maybe go true to size if your foot is a little wider, if you're narrower you'd probably be fine with 0.5 size down. 

I didn't pick them up, low on funds right now
eyes.gif
.  But definitely a pair I would like to get later
pimp.gif

larrivee7

thanks on the comments for the tailwinds. now if only a place in northern jersey gets them so i can try a pair on.
damn and i was trying to be good and stop buying sneakers. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

justin -
roll.gif
, i saved that pole volting one.
tak - i stand corrected.
roll.gif
 , at being told to no longer wear them. glad to see you wear them, they look good.
cris - thanks homie.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by neukicks

somehow and someway i just got sucked into going to the mariah carey show tonight in DC!
laugh.gif
smh.gif
...you better be hitting after
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

post up some more pics of the ID's when u get a chance, i wanna see the blurawas wit the fog....
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
, I will try and take some pictures tomorrow, looks like I won't have time tonight......
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by UKBased

That's slowed down my quest for older retro 87's 
frown.gif
, but i'll be back 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Told you i'd be back. I've been close to picking up the quickstrike version recently, but glad I held off, as I managed to score these at a decent price:
23ld11x.jpg

Quick spin in the washing machine to brighten up the mesh and mudguard, and these will be sweet.

Speaking of clean ups, Mayhem the Atom Reds look like they've cleaned up really well. I wouldn't stress too much about taking further steps, but maybe some delicate work with Jason Markk would be wise. After seeing some results with that stuff (think it was crisone who posted a while back) I've been meaning to grab some too.

crisone - Nice shot of your Patta x Asics inspired iD's. My favourite of yours I reckon.

SupaMars - USA's looking good.

tak - Nice to see you breaking out the Patta 87's one by one. Hope for you that you find the black pair one day, to complete the set.

gooey - I've just spent some time looking through your Flickr - So much heat. Very impressive.

'preciate the comments on the slideshows yall. i'm hoping someone with a little more creativeness will put something together to make an "official" vid/archive of some sort
nerd.gif

so much dope stuff going on in the thread, i'm just too lazy to comment
laugh.gif

^much props to those that helped me get these...i literally just opened the package up today, lulz.

Eorr - u bastid..
laugh.gif

Tak -
nerd.gif

UK & Mars - don't encourage him
roll.gif

James -
glasses.gif

UK - very dope pickup on the HOA's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Adob0 - very dope spruces
pimp.gif

these just came in from the outlet, they sent 'em in the biggest box i've ever seen 1 pair of shoes come in. i thought they sent me a whole size run until i picked up the box and saw how light it was. but many thanks to Austin for the heads up.

i live for prices like these.....word to team cheap ***
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Chris- IDs with the teal laces are
pimp.gif

Lar- thanks for making me really want them tailwinds now!
Mayhem- Caught them currents on a trip to philly for $60 and i thought that was cheap. Wish I would have waited now
grin.gif

Supamars- Love seeing those USAs!
Had to do a cleanup job on these spiridons. worse shape than i thought but until another 12.5 or 13 pops up they will have to do!
before

after

on one shoe the swoosh is really cracked but I still love this shoe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom