TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea that's an interesting method, actually have heard about that working for certain stains on clothes. it was always one of those "passed down from generation to generation...." household tips. i'm gonna try anything and everything either way....for $15, i'm not afraid to get experimental with the clean up
laugh.gif

thanks fellas

Jibby - you're right about the color, the blue in the tag is closer to the actual color but for some reason when i save my pics for web use...it alters the colors in the pics. haven't figured out how to avoid that yet. and that's good info on the outlets, i wouldn't mind getting those 95's for $40....lmk if/when they get that low. i'll need another pair to continue trying to strip the patent off of
devil.gif

jibbycanoe wrote:
James - nice ids sir.  I was wondering were you were man.
Los - good to see you in here too.  it's been a while

yea man, have been laying low, taking care of some family matters so have just been lurking, should be around more now though. los nice to see you back again to man!!

Justin - Nice pick up dude, and i got your text yesterday, but my box for those Euro Mesh has a BIG sale tag over top of the label, I will try peeling it off tonight to see what I can do for you!

Well I ordered 2 pairs and just recieved my giant's colorway today. My Bluerawas should be here Saturday. The orange reflective an sole is a very light orange. Kind of like an orange cream colorway. I still like it, but wish it was the regular orange that pops. Oh well, just some quick pix for now. When my Bluerawas come in and after I dye it, I'll take a group pic
smile.gif

So whats the consensus on Air Max Lights. Are they worth the extra money for the white/Royal and White/Red from 2008? Or is it just better to wait to find a pre 05 AM 1? Are the lights more comfortable is what Im really after and are the pairs I just mentioned worth 200 bucks?

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

anyone else wish they put Patta on the back of all the pairs instead of Nike Air?

not while i only have the black ones
tongue.gif

thanks Tim, nice being back too. not so good on the wallet though
laugh.gif

Brick - fresh Bluwaras. i'm still toying on whether to use suede on the overlay. looks really nice on yours though, the black is much deeper.
jonc303 -
pimp.gif
collection pics. Pools, DQM HS, DW90s etc etc
Brian - no probs my friend. great job on the boxes & labels... they look like some ltd hyperstrike shizzle now 
happy.gif
sounds like you do your clean ups just like me too.
Chris - welcome back & good luck with catching up... i think we're racking up about 10 pgs a day now! no idea what it normally looks like, but the Bay looks beautiful.
Won - welcome back too. need those Royal 87s so bad. a DS pair has just popped up recently too but in a 9
frown.gif

Justin - really liking those 95s, i've never seen that c/w before. like an orange version of Steve's (zen?) yellow women's c/w. btw, still no reply from Dutchie or that seller.
Tak - nice Laser Lights. will probably regret not keeping a pair for myself.
James - nice Bluwaras bro. reflective black overlay? again, i still can't decide on that or the suede. btw, the Greystone box label Justin is asking about is for me, although i think he'll have use for it in the future too. thanks in advance
wink.gif

*edit
KVN - nice iDs. i think i've done the exact same c/w but with green instead of orange. i can't remember off hand as i ordered them a few wks back and kept switching bits round then back again
laugh.gif

ElBro - i can't say about comfort as i've hardly worn mine (Justin will def know though), but i'd say it's more whether you like the design of the Light itself. as far as colours, the Varsity Blue ones are real dope with some nice pop. around the time of the blue 87 QS release, Brick started posting pics of his to convince himself he didn't need the 87s. it worked for me, i sold mine within days and kept the Lights! the Sport Red Lights went on sale for £55 so i find it hard to justify paying more than that. however, every time Justin posts that Lights group shot of his, those always get me thinking
laugh.gif

managed to catch up on pics today of some older purchases that arrived while my camera was being repaired:

my 2nd pair of HOAs:
4311448501_b296710b19.jpg

AMS - thanks again Cris (btw, loving your tags of late)
4311485397_20b0b60c34.jpg
4311484915_01a028d3e4.jpg

newest pickup:
DS 'Ice Blue' JD Sports exclusive from '05, just in today. Not something I was after, but couldn't turn 'em down for £67.
4312253600_e57d6d25a4.jpg
4312256952_082254b52f.jpg

i've only ever seen kevin2nd/ Stuntman Mike's pair before and i think i remember him asking for more info, so here's the label for you if that helps
smile.gif

4312260604_ec3fd1f3eb.jpg

^ aww man Kevin. that must limit you on the runners for sure. props to Nike for making the IDs in big sizes. and again, those are looking fresh!

El Bro, matter of opinion, really. I think the one pair of lights I have are more comfortable than recent am1's, but older am1's and my lights lights seem about the same to me. as far as price, since none of those came out in the US, $200 is probably fair ($200 shipped anyway), $150 would be a more reasonable deal IMO... I think if you're patient you'll get a better price than $200. check EU auctions if you don't already...

KVN - the orange is popping pretty good in those pics on my comp! looks dope, sir.

Originally Posted by El Bro

So whats the consensus on Air Max Lights. Are they worth the extra money for the white/Royal and White/Red from 2008? Or is it just better to wait to find a pre 05 AM 1? Are the lights more comfortable is what Im really after and are the pairs I just mentioned worth 200 bucks?
I say wait it out and dont drop $200 on a pair of AM Lights. IMO AM1's are waaaay more comfy than Lights..
.................and as much as Justin loves all his pairs of Lights ,I doubt that he'd say theyre more comfy than the 1's.......unless he's rocking them without the insole LOL

gooey, sick 95s! and AMS too? sheesh! you have quite the collection of AMs my friend. very nice, and the pics are looking crispy as well.

Gooey- Im tempted to buy the Royal 87's in a 9, but I really need a 9.5. I fear the 9 will be too tight, but 02 royals are nearly impossible to come by. Im still thinking.

Denver- Yeah, I think the royal blue pair of lights might end at 175 shipped, so I might have to buy.

Tak- I dont think Ill pay the 200. I just bought the sz. 9.5 Orange Blaze 95's on ebay for 111 shipped using bing cashback. Ideally I need a 10 in 95's but Ill manage.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by El Bro

they can be had for a lot less than $200, just gotta look...like Denver suggested, u have to check the euro market since thats where they were released. and they are just as comfortable as AM1's IMO, hard to say they are more comfortable but i can't say they are less either.....however, they are definitely more comfortable than the new AM1 ID's tho
tired.gif

i fell in love hard with the lights...gotta get an updated pic of 'em all....as well as buy some more......i need moaaaaar
devil.gif

Gooey - damnnnnnnnnnnnit those ice blue 95's are SICK! ever since Kev got his, i've been hunting and praying my size would pop up! great pickups nonetheless....HOA's > anything afterwards
pimp.gif

Mike - give me you lights if u don't want 'em....especially the new ones
tongue.gif

Kickz - canyon golds 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

KVN - very dope, Chris definitely hit a homerun with that colorway from the first run of ID's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NikeFNHead

Mayhemgatz: Try making a paste mixing baby powder and water( consistency of pancake batter), apply to the area you wish to clean.
Allow it to dry overnight and remove it with a soft brush.
Note: Brush the whole area before applying the paste. It lifts the nap. It only works for suede!

Just use salt and club soda. 
nerd.gif

186516.jpg

gooey - 
smokin.gif

KVN - Sweet iD's!
Cris1 - Can't believe you're parting with your stash bwizzles. 
ohwell.gif

Great stuff everyone else!

FAM!

KVN:  dope IDs, love the colorway!
Justin:  you definitely need some more lights
glasses.gif

GW:  sick 95s...and I don't even have to comment on those AMS
smokin.gif

C1:  you sold them????

my 2nd pair of IDs came in....finally came to grips that I won't get 99 greys, Book of Ones, or W&Ws...soooo
happy.gif

4311760177_ba4224b3e1_o.jpg

4311760105_b9bc4cc4d8_o.jpg

KVN - sweet ID's!  Sucks about the oranges not matching (since that's what you were expecting), but they still look sharp
pimp.gif

Gooey - 3 VERY solid pickups there
pimp.gif

Justin - quite the lineup you got there
glasses.gif

Brick - 87s in gray CWs are always nice!

nice ids brick!

i was gonna order the same pair actually, but i changed em up a bit, kinda like an alternate take on the w&w.  should be here tomorrow.

but now that i see how yours turned out, im temped to order those as well...

Tyler -
laugh.gif

Greg - yes more lights....more more more....lol. dope ID's, they came out great. i got some W&W's for you....u know what i want
nerd.gif

UFB - dope, i'll be getting those soon enough
smokin.gif

Cris - another stash BW in the works?
glasses.gif

Seth - love those in that colorway, real clean subtle look on them.

damnit....i need to get back to work and stop posting
embarassed.gif

latest, finally got on the skyline wagon...after trying them on, they didn't seem as bad...but this will more then likely be my only pair lol

312a0iu.jpg

Sunny but cold day in SoCal...

Lex - Dope huaraches bursts!
RL - Lemme kno if u find the blk/red or gray pair for cheap.
Justin - Never seen that cw of the 95s before, they're dope! Nice pic of ur lights as well.
Kvn - Great job on those IDs, I got a similar pair in my locker. U a Giants fan or just their colors?
Gooey - Damn dude... Those 95s are dope!!!
Kickz - Very nice pickup!
Brick - Clean ID design! Book of Ones are very hard to find these days

No AMs today... SJs instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom