TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice ladykillers, BayBully
pimp.gif

Cougars aren't gonna mind the toothpaste
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brickSB

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by briannnnn

....they better figure out a way to make the Burst and AM93 actually live up to their names.
co-sign...

heads up...size 12 Fam.....hit me up, i'm letting them go
smokin.gif

DIBS!  check your email.
Happy 1600!!

Mr, Mayhem & Mr. Brick........
mad.gif

(**EDIT - sorry for cramming up p.1600 FAM, it took me ages putting my post together, i had no idea it'd end up on it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
so far)  

howdee FAM,

ok so finally i can get on here as my net connection has been playing up all evening,
loads to mention and show you so i'll start with the comments:

DJ Proto J - thanks. i think i'd have more chance of finding some DS black '99s than you with a 13 in the Ice Blues. 13s and JD don't really go together, especially back in '05.
jaythelegend - thanks. forget the neon 90s/ 87s - that pic doing the rounds was an old one from Sneaker Freaker. you've always got the Wildwoods you can go for instead
tongue.gif

Neil (With Tags?) - thanks too, and i'll def be interested in a few of your pairs.
James - clean not-Clots bro.
KVN - can't go wrong with either, both real nice, i'd go for the one you have least similar in your collection first (then get the other
smile.gif
)
Mitchell - better pics on item: 300391162059
Brian - i've got a bad feeling that i have some real crappy news for you regarding the neon label i gave you. will hit u up shortly.
Flight89 - nice iDs
Justin - sorry bro, you know that's just typical after i got you all worked up like that
tongue.gif

zmdawg - i'm positive that's glue too. for that i use parcel tape, apply & peel off, repeat until it comes off. make sure you use clear tape as sometimes the adhesive comes off with it as the 'tackiness' builds up and you don't want brown adding to a white mesh. it can sometimes take quite long, but it's ALWAYS worked for me.

had my Safetys out for a while now so thought i'd finally try out the hairdryer technique on the air units:
4314391933_871fc796ea.jpg
4314391529_055d9d9473.jpg

can't believe the results!

anyway, today to check out Size? and mail some New Green 95s. not worn them since last Summer, these are another pair i've been concerned with regarding the soles (tag says '97).
4315139068_c076216323.jpg

i fell in love with them all over again
happy.gif

so Size? had the new 2010 Neon Retros and the first thing i noticed was the air units. i'm not sure if you can see it from the picture but it was clearly evident to me that they were much bigger than any of the HOA or later releases. (sorry i only took 1 pic but i was in a hurry and some staff can get arsey when you take pics)

4314387071_4467ab22c0.jpg
4315121174_3d441fa9ac.jpg

2010 left, '03 right, '01 below left, HOA '05 & OG '95 below right
4315122578_e9e1c1a0fb.jpg
2264712685_ac63e819d0.jpg

as Justin mentioned, the rear bulge is back (last seen on the '03 i think) and also the seams to both these and the side units
eek.gif
.  i'm not too familiar with any post '05 retros but what i also liked was the greys... the darkest layer was more like the OG in actually still being grey and not black or near-black. no rat fur lining either, but the nicer 'mesh' style also present behind the tongue. overall, the shape in general looked much better and the upper material was softer with a nice 'nap' rather than the firmer 'tighter' stuff they've used on say the New Greens and Team Oranges. also, if i remember correctly, the neon had a v.slight green tinge (something i def prefer), rather than the very yellow '03. nowhere near the blatant green of the '01 retro though.
all in all a pretty bloody good effort from Nike - FINALLY!!
pimp.gif

i hope i haven't got any of this wrong, but i will try & check them out again when i can just to confirm my info.

after the stress Justin was putting me through (j/k
laugh.gif
) i checked the Size? & JD sites (btw, these stores are linked if you didn't know) for more pics but those are obviously old - near-black darkest layer, no seams and no rear unit 'bulge' so don't go by those.

and finally when i looked down at my Gundams:
4315138432_ea03d1c21d.jpg
4315135092_d687af9522.jpg

if i can't do anything to restore them, i reckon 2 maybe 3 more wears left... that'll be 5 total
frown.gif

apologies for the mass rambling and page hogging, but i couldn't keep it all to myself!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by gooeywooey

had my Safetys out for a while now so thought i'd finally try out the hairdryer technique on the air units:
4314391933_871fc796ea.jpg

can't believe the results!

DAT MASS 8E

gooeywooeywrote:

soSize? had the new 2010 Neon Retros and the first thing i noticed wasthe air units. i'm not sure if you can see it from the picture but itwas clearly evident to me that they were much bigger than any of theHOA or later releases. (sorry i only took 1 pic but i was in a hurryand some staff can get arsey when you takepics)

4314387071_4467ab22c0.jpg

ohmyGod-ohmyGod-ohmyGod-ohmyGod-ohmyGod-ohmyGod-ohmyGod-ohmyGod
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Seeing the seam again AND bulge = WOW

e9y8o5.jpg

195tlk.jpg

21l5u1y.jpg

laugh.gif
@ briannnnn

i think you'd better edit that post though and delete half of my quote at least, my post alone was huge, let alone having it up twice! lol

great news though
wink.gif

These came today...

Better pictures tomorrow.

Sorry had to snap this, crappy iPhone quality but you get the idea. I am very happy.

21aaf4n.jpg

I found it in Nike retro AM95 thread... I don't know whats going on but I need this and that jacket and sweater soon

i am speechless regarding the air bubbles.  imagine the possibilities.........  (sorry for doubting, Justin, haha)
sorry about your gundam 98's g, and it's crazy how good that hair dryer trick works!

Jake, awesome pictures!

i don't have anything new for page 1600 1601 (i'm full of failures today), but here's to remembering summertime, 
laugh.gif

95435db1ec5549f9c513acdaa981f208a8d59f2.jpg

ead156e641c5adad91587d1f11d4f411ab5a8ed.jpg

bfa25b5ea6459c07a8eaba5a7f5a07f8124cb5c.jpg

wow great stuff everyone!!! congrads to 1600 pages

and the neon 95 sweater will likely be purchased by me
smile.gif

Denver-Last pic is 
pimp.gif
. Damn U!!
This 1600 came fast as a mofo.  Ya'll tearin it up.

Cincy- Good job 
happy.gif
.  Can I see more of the Hua inspired with black n marina blue?  PM me if that makes it easier.

RL-PM check

Originally Posted by eorr23

nice ID's and Kr's

not air max but still runners
i will take them down if anyone is offended
FRESH!
pimp.gif
i thought i was the only one who had this pair. no offense here. another
pimp.gif

gooey - yes. the hairdryer technique works wonders. it does. ive done that on many kicks. cant wait to see the 2010 neons.
briann with the gifs.
roll.gif

denver - what is the name of that first pair....

wow.... 1600+pages....this thread goes by fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom