TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what, just turn the hairdryer on and put it on the air bubbles? any do's or don't's about it? thanx!

My 1st pair of iDs came in today. Im very happy with my pair. Cant wait for the others to get in and to make up 3 more.

eek.gif
at those 2010 Neon AM95s! I'm excited as hell for them. How much farther till March?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

so what, just turn the hairdryer on and put it on the air bubbles? any do's or don't's about it? thanx!

pretty much... i'm not expert but probably best not to have it on too hot or too close, especially if they're a fragile older release.

would've loved those Pools
frown.gif
how much were they?

Pronto - Make sure the hairdryer doesn't touch the bubbles, just hold it slightly above and the fog will go away... it's not permanent though and they'll become cloudy again over time (but de-fogging them is a 5 second job anyways)
Gooey - damn he JUST put them up too... they were $135+ shipping... great price IMO

Loads of good stuff guys!  1600
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

eorr- dooope are those from 96? i love the midsoles on those and thecolorway is awesome, of course. and that clear swoosh works well onthese.  great pick up man!

edit: now i'm thinking maybe they're from 95 (no air bubble)?
These Structures are from mid '97, my pair was made in August.

Gooey - Thanks for the pics of the 95's, hopefully Nike is turning over a new leaf with bubbles.  And sucks about your 98's man 
frown.gif

Nice work with the safety's, I'm always telling people about the hairdryer
glasses.gif

And as far as precautions with the blowdryer, here's what I would recommend from my experience:  Don't hold the blowdryer in one place too long or too close to the bubbles, move it slowly back and forth across one side of the shoe.  Extreme heat is hard on everything on old shoes (glue especially). The bubbles and the air inside get insanely hot (that's how the moisture/gunk is evaporated off the inside), so once you're finished let them cool before handling them or especially wearing them.  The bubbles tend to have a sticky residue type feel when they heat up, and you can leave fingerprints and smudging if you touch the bubbles while hot.  Hold the shoe right-side up while you're using the blowdryer, because if the foam inside of the midsole is deteriorating at all, little pieces can flake/crumble off when the foam gets hot.  If you are holding the shoe on its side when that happens, these foam pieces will stick to the residue on the inside of the bubbles and stay there.  Trust me on this one, unfortunately I know
sick.gif
.  Hopefully that "clears up" some things for you guys..........................boom
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Cincy - nice id's.
pimp.gif

Rico - ................nice id's
pimp.gif

And tons of good pics on 1600 (and 1601
pimp.gif
).

Originally Posted by rocketsfan

Seth - page 1595....

DOPE collection. The AM Light 2s and the TRIAXES...good lawd hammercy
laugh.gif
Thanks bro.

Speaking of Triaxes..................BRIAN (denver).............your PM.............check it
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nwt

Gooey - damn he JUST put them up too... they were $135+ shipping... great price IMO

$135 for DS Pools... i feel
sick.gif
sick.gif
      The only thing i can 'hope' is that they last as long mine did.

Brian - i'm just wondering if i can use some kind of glue or shoe goo to go over the cracks and semi-fill them at the same time.
Seth - great advice on the de-fogging. after reading that i hope i didn't blast my Safetys too hard
embarassed.gif

gooey -  Just sharing what I've found through trial and error.  You're probably fine, the first couple of times I tried it I put it really close to the bubbles and just let it sit, and nothing detrimental happened.  But when I felt the bubbles one time and realized just how hot they get, I decided to back it away some and let it blow longer.  And I've never had any glue fail because of it, but that kind of heat and aged adhesives don't want to be friends, I know that
laugh.gif

eek.gif
 ^^^^ those would be mine if they were a 10 or 10.5 wmns

Happy 1600 Fam! this thread moves crazy fast, I feel funny bringing something up from 5-6 pages back
happy.gif

Big up's to everyone doin it!

Tonight
4315663462_8d760b230e.jpg

I've been working on a little project, I'm still not sure how to execute it properly. Here's a pic of what I'm up to.....
4315663564_8bfff7c77c.jpg

Congrats FAM! This is my pic for 1600...
2nqz148.jpg

Tak - Just checked the mailbox and I got a slip saying I got a package. Pretty sure its from u, I'll check tmrw.
Everyone - Amazing stuff!!! Too much to comment on but fantastic nonetheless!
Gooey - Thanks for the update on the Neons. I will definitely be copping more than one if Nike truly delivers. Like Denver said, "I'll see it when I believe it!"
laugh.gif

Chris -
eek.gif
Can't wait to see the final product!

Dope stuff for 1600 Fam!

Brian...a Tecate sounds good about now.

Rico...dope IDs

Justin...dope 1s.

Chris...dope! I swear that needs to be an option on I'd even with an extra charge. I'd pay like 5-7 extra for a forefoot swoosh...maybe some premium IDs
nerd.gif
Dope ID 90s too!

Waaay too much $%+# to comment on everyone
laugh.gif

I'm telling you guys...look at the leather Navy/White 95s prob at your local foot locker or foot action and you can see a noticable difference on the air units. The sides anyway, the back one is still flat.

Peace Fam! Enjoy your weekend! Don't drink too much!

Thanks AMFAM for the love on my basic iDs. Cant wait to make up more.

CHRIS ... that is one Dope asssssss idea man. Cant wait to see the outcome.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by brickSB

FAM!

xilegacy....sick KRs...those must be F&F or something because of the embroidery on the back...too dope, I remember you originally posting them.

just got home from work...WEEKEND!
Thanks. The black pair released as qs (250 pairs) and the pink pair was the hyperstrike friends and family (72 pairs). These are prototypes (1 of 1) a little different from the released version. These came from Paul Budnitz and Chad Phillips because nike didn't want the logo stitched and they also changed the soles to gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom