TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raymundo-Hahahaha, we're on tha same page.  I posted pics of my HUA lights asking for feedback and I posted the Jordan/B.G/Illy inspired ones on pg 1661.  Crazy!

What up Fam?!  Top of tha mornin' to ya! (well for us that are on tha West, East Coast up early as hell.  8:36 A.M. here & I'm struggling like a mug)

Originally Posted by denverairforce

(disclaimer: I don't really tie my laces behind the tongue like that)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dope pickup for 50$ though.

Those AM 2 Lights are simply amazing!!! Why can't they be just a bit bigger????/
Size 11.5 or 12 anyone????

Nice IDs back there as well.

Have a good one FAM!!

-Andrew-

Originally Posted by UKBased

El Bro - Cool Neon pics. Having all those in your possession, have you a particular favourite?

I am really partial to the 01/02 Neon 95.  I love the fact that the neon color is green, compared to yellow on the other pairs.
happy.gif

I always imagine what NikeID wouldve been like with the Old Air Units on the 95's.  Its too bad we have to get old.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by El Bro

canesak wrote:

neon 95's look good to me, people are so picky about retroed shoes..sigh

When you grow up with these  97,99,01,03

all i'm trying to say is that a shoe that was released 15 years ago, is not going to look the same as retro pair released today. that is inevitable, the sooner people realize that you don't always get what you want, the less complaining there will be. i grew up on those same pairs as well...

Canesak- I have to disagree. The shoe was pretty consistent for almost 10 years, and then all of a sudden the huge difference. Nike just became cheap to attain certain goals. The problem is that once you learn how to make more money off a shoe by cutting more out of a shoe, you wont go back, especially in todays age where the shoe market is extremely over saturated. When you gut a shoe like Nike has done with the 95, you tarnish the legacy of that certain shoe. There is No cushioning around the ankle, non responsive air units, a stiff upper. You may as well be walking on bricks. Nike is a Multi Billion dollar company. They have the resources to make any shoe look how they want. They choose not to. I dont settle when a shoe cost 150 plus tax.

I dont settle when a shoe cost 150 plus tax.
Right.  It's not like they're saying "we put most of our efforts into new technology/models, but here are some marginal quality reproductions for nostalgia's sake.  They're not made for running anymore, but you can still wear the classics you always remember" and charge 79.99 acknowledging that they're nowhere near what the original shoes were.  They're really charging the same price as they did when the originals came out
laugh.gif
.  No
indifferent.gif

^ for that price they can keep those things
El Bro - sick neon line up man. and I agree, the 95 has to be the most downgraded Air Max of the line. IMHO they really don't live up to the name Air MAX anymore. it's one thing with the 87s and 90s, the newer models of those are a bit weak too. but it is just too obvious with the 95s. sad thing is the reasoning behind it all seems to be cost cutting, not some save the environment BS.
Seth - I might be interested in those AM2 lights if you think I could squeeze. I have a couple of J's in 10 and they fit ok.

Jibby - They prob will keep them, as we have yet to see any of the black ones, except for a few people
mad.gif
or the purple pair
nerd.gif
eyes.gif

El bro - I agree with you man.
Everybody else -
pimp.gif
nice stuff, and good jokes!!
laugh.gif

Me today -
glasses.gif
happy.gif
yesssssssssssir
smokin.gif
and what I am wearing:

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

^ for that price they can keep those things

im with you jibby! nonetheless, thanks for the pic on those pattas.
edge - dope kashimas

ray - i like those jordan inspired IDs man, good choice 

el bro - nice neons 
smokin.gif

gooey - PMed sir 

Canesak- I have to disagree. The shoe was pretty consistent for almost 10 years, and then all of a sudden the huge difference. Nike just became cheap to attain certain goals. The problem is that once you learn how to make more money off a shoe by cutting more out of a shoe, you wont go back, especially in todays age where the shoe market is extremely over saturated. When you gut a shoe like Nike has done with the 95, you tarnish the legacy of that certain shoe. There is No cushioning around the ankle, non responsive air units, a stiff upper. You may as well be walking on bricks. Nike is a Multi Billion dollar company. They have the resources to make any shoe look how they want. They choose not to. I dont settle when a shoe cost 150 plus tax.

thanks for proving my point. all you said was what i was trying to say, that the shoe that came out 10-15 years ago, isn't the same today. and i'm not saying you have to settle for new retros that don't look exactly like the original but not everyone has the resources to go ahead and get an older pair.

James - where you been man? good to see you back up in here. hope all is well with you in the DMV
Vivrantchino21 - yea, that price seems a bit stiff. and I was wondering, what is your real name if you don't mind me asking? also thanks for the ebay heads up you been doing!

Originally Posted by NikeFNHead

Retail on these is 250EUR/US$340

Ray - yep, euro drop....they get all the nice stuff
eyes.gif

Mic - dope neons, done the right way! and nothing yet on this end either bro
ohwell.gif

Mike - phat persians!
tongue.gif
smokin.gif

Seth - i hope someone here in the fam snags those from you.
Austin/Vivrant - you and a few others have been holding the heads up business down! much appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by canesak

thanksfor proving my point. all you said was what i was trying to say, thatthe shoe that came out 10-15 years ago, isn't the same today. and i'mnot saying you have to settle for new retros that don't look exactlylike the original but not everyone has the resources to go ahead and get an older pair.
....dude, ebay is one of the most powerful resources out there for this kind of product. not to mention the buy/sell areas on forums.

prime example: a seller here in NY had five pairs of DS 2004 AM95 neons for sale @ $200 shipped and was willing to take offers. i know 1 sold at $175 shipped. the new retro costs $150....$25 more and  you have something you love rather than something you like....
glasses.gif

just got a TCA pickup.....pics in a few after a quick cleanup
smokin.gif

nice stuff everyone
smokin.gif
. that four collars popped pic had me
roll.gif

work today.

came home to this. v-day gift for the girly, little late, but oh well
eyes.gif

James - where you been man? good to see you back up in here. hope all is well with you in the DMV
Chillin man, traveling some. All last week was in my DC office for our Q4 and 2009 Earnings call, got snowed in out there, working so hard had no time. Then went to Mardi Gras this past weekend, Been to NC, Snowboarding and what not. Its been snowy so damn much all i've been wearing have been clarks and Timberland boots.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Austin/Vivrant - you and a few others have been holding the heads up business down! much appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

no prob, im on ebay every freaking day looking for spiridons anyway 
mad.gif
mad.gif

if any fammers arent getting my PMs let me know, its hard to keep track of everyone and im sure theres a few that arent on my group list.

jibby - PMed homie.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by canesak

thanksfor proving my point. all you said was what i was trying to say, thatthe shoe that came out 10-15 years ago, isn't the same today. and i'mnot saying you have to settle for new retros that don't look exactlylike the original but not everyone has the resources to go ahead and get an older pair.
....dude, ebay is one of the most powerful resources out there for this kind of product. not to mention the buy/sell areas on forums.

prime example: a seller here in NY had five pairs of DS 2004 AM95 neons for sale @ $200 shipped and was willing to take offers. i know 1 sold at $175 shipped. the new retro costs $150....$25 more and  you have something you love rather than something you like....
glasses.gif
I think this works out now and for another few years however, eventually the pre-HOAs will not be wearable and we will have to purchase newer retros. So we are going to complain until Nike gets their retros up to par again. And hopefully if Nike fixes em, we won't have to worry about settling for Retros...

Originally Posted by neukicks

Chillin man, traveling some. All last week was in my DC office for our Q4 and 2009 Earnings call, got snowed in out there, working so hard had no time. Then went to Mardi Gras this past weekend, Been to NC, Snowboarding and what not. Its been snowy so damn much all i've been wearing have been clarks and Timberland boots.
right on man.  good to hear that you have been slipping some fun in there between all the hard work.  and I didn't realize there were ski resorts in NC..  hope you tore it up good!

^ naw baybully. I really didn't want to pay more than $150 and was hoping that no one would bid and I could actually talk him down from that but no such luck. they ended around $173 which seems kinda steep for being used. but that may seem steep cus I got barely used maizes for $92 a while back.. I'm kinda only doing TCA these days anyhow... that is unless it's a gem, but that would be coming out of my steadily depleting savings which I am trying to avoid

^^ I was watching the Khakis that the same seller had listed...I was going to throw him an offer of like $150 but I didnt wanna lowball him since the BIN was something crazy like $290. I'm glad I decided not to throw him an offer cause I ended up getting them for close to the starting price. Cross one off the list
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom