TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by eastlasmokeshop

Originally Posted by UltraFlatBlack

eastlasmoke, great pick ups fam.

no am's today peace fam
Thanks loving the Pattas never been a huge fan of green until I held these in my hand materials are sick Scubbas are nice to

i love green. especially chlorophyll. i dont usually wear green sneaks since then dont make many but love them. and the 'scuba's  are definatly nice. close to the original colorway as i got myself.

very dope brick. thats 1 pair i need of my list for a good price
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by kickz4show

Justin- thanks but I already knew all of that. Is gooey scooping pairs?
lol then u didn't miss anything i think. and i doubt it unless we are paying for his travel, food, campout gear, and lodging in amsterdam
laugh.gif

do that and i'd certainly consider it
tongue.gif

kickz - i'm planning on a road trip to pick up a bunch of  the Orange & Mean Green Lights that Justin posted a few pages back for the FAM. they're on sale over here for £50.
Tim - thanks bro
happy.gif

those bw's are part of the world cup pack. btw those blue/pink women's 90's are available in the states now

patent on those structures
smh.gif

Vivrant's message reminded me, if anyone has a Hold Tight windbreaker (L) they're looking to move, or can point me to one at a good price, let me know
nerd.gif

Greg, u need some lotion on them ankles homie...
laugh.gif
just playing... where the hell is ur tan? DOPE Vios buddy

And I doubt that the Parra/Patta Am1s will be 250euros... more info soon to come...btw they release in 2-3 weeks tops

sup Fam? It's so tough to keep up with this thread. Hope everyone is well and be on the lookout for a possible AMFAM mix show coming in the near future and thanks again to anyone that has checked in so far.

dave.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

nothing is more heartbreaking than expecting a package and nothing comes...

Mayhem this is exactly the face I've made the last couple of days when I get home from work....I leave work so happy and walk in my front door so pissed off
frown.gif

gooey - Before answer your question about the 95s, I gotta take a minute to give props on the black pattas...I wish they would put out something similar in the states
ohwell.gif
. Anyways, the 95s are "dark charcol/neutral gray"...so pretty much the whole shoe is gray.

GS - I like those clear mint 90s...I know they already released in the UK. I'm gonna be
mad.gif
if they don't show up in the US sometime soon.

Alright guys, little bit of a story...

So today I get home from work and see a missed delivery attempt notice from the postman. It's for the package I've been waiting for from JD sports for a few weeks now. I was anxiously anticipating its release from customs, which was yesterday, so that it could be delivered. Soon as I got home and saw that pink piece of paper I immediately started....

I rush over to the post office just in time. The lady grabs the package from the back and Im greeted by this...

4368728797_3221ef90bc.jpg

4369477454_08723f0c97.jpg

As soon as I saw the lady walking with a plastic bag in her hands my look of excitement turned into...

No box = NO PROTECTION

I was worried I'd be unsatisfied with what I saw when I opened the package up but I took it anyway.

Once I get home I see this...

shoebox # 1 -

4368718335_441dc00018.jpg

4368717977_2e8e2fd158.jpg

shoebox # 2 -

4369466594_2340408425.jpg

4368717259_45e5e22099.jpg

I paid for shipping from JDsports (obviously), they do offer free shipping over a certain amount but only within the UK. I'm not one to complain about minor imperfections in a shoe, or boxes being a little beatup during transit, but this seems a little much. The boxes can't even be placed on top of one another without the front collapsing from the weight of another box on top of it.

I just would've thought a reputable company/site such as JD surely would have used boxes for shipment and protection, and not just plastic bags that leave damage to the items a very real possibility.
I'm gonna shoot them an email and see what, if anything, comes out of this.
Just wanted to fill you guys in. Some of you have ordered from JD before, but others haven't. Heads up in case you do, that you may come across a similar situation.

As for the shoes themselves.........
devil.gif
smokin.gif

Thankfully they were not damaged in transit, and that IS the most important thing. Cant wait to break them out with the appropriate "attire"....

4369465736_3e7636859c.jpg

4368716801_8ce17e38ef.jpg

black - damn, sorry to  hear about your experience...especially since it costs an arm and a leg for the shoes + shipping from over there. Props though, the shoes are straight
smokin.gif

Greg- That pic is stunning!!! 
smokin.gif
   Enjoy those my friend!!

Gooey- Should have had you proof that flyer. 
roll.gif

Have a great one FAM!!  Pages flyin by....

blackredxiiigoat....  Sorry about those boxes dude!!  That sux!

Baybully - thanks for the info... makes a change from all the obsidian c/w's they've made in the past.
Andrew - any time, i'm one of those annoying friends that point out spelling mistakes on menus
tongue.gif

black - sorry to see that man. so did you have to pay any customs fees then? when i first saw the international shipping prices i had a feeling they'd 'pack' it like that, there's no way they could charge so little for US shipping. it's the same within the UK too... we only get double boxing if you buy 2 pairs. so wait, you bought 2 pairs but they came in separate bags? aside from that, the shoes look dope. you can really see the pop in those pics.

**edit
damn, so that lot must've cost you a tidy sum then with the customs. oh well, at least the money you saved on shipping went towards it. yeah i could've hooked those up saving you any of that pain, but it works out about £23-24 a pair plus i can't combine as we have weight restrictions.

gooey,

Oh na, they definitely did charge me customs fees
laugh.gif
. I forget to mention it I guess because I was so wrapped up in the explaining of my story.

That made matters worse, btw. I think I remember you mentioning back when I first saw the pic of these, that if interested in them, to hit you up and you'd see what you could do. Smh at me forgetting all about that. You probably would have looked me out on shipping more so than JD did. Justin mentioned to me you're usually good money when it comes to that, lol.

What's crazy is I ordered the 2 pairs, and they came in 1 big plastic bag wrap. I would've thought FOR SURE with 2 pairs theyd send them in a box, I usually one see the bag-type shipping when its one pair of shoes, or 1 article of clothing....smh.

I'm gonna see if they can reimburse me shipping or something. I would have much rather paid what I paid already and just had the boxes come in perfect condition.

blackredxiiigoat

Those are dope! Too bad about the boxes, but it's the shoes that matter mostly though right? So JD ships to the US now? Since when?

you pay a crap load for shipping to the states, and this is what happens to you
smh.gif
ill keep a heads up before ordering from them, at least the shoes are ok! theyre nice
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by micmorales

Greg, u need some lotion on them ankles homie...
laugh.gif
just playing... where the hell is ur tan? DOPE Vios buddy

And I doubt that the Parra/Patta Am1s will be 250euros... more info soon to come...btw they release in 2-3 weeks tops
Brick- let me hit ya'with a ummm'yeeeeeah Vios are so sick. 

I know Mayhem better not be laughing.  He's been busted with frosted flake ankles before too.........J/K
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Howz it Mic?    2-3 weeks huh.......
nerd.gif
  fire sale time.

Shinebox- I shouldve just snagged on a lightly used pair when I had the chance. Maize 90's are piff.

dkballer-  WTH? I still need at least 1 of each pair ...

all those came in 1 week? i need to double up on my atmos and vios. heiny samples will be one of my first id's i do
can other members post some of there heiny id's please?

Greg - those vio's are
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Dave - what's good fam, looking forward to next mix
smokin.gif

Mic - i hope that's not the case, please have some good news
laugh.gif

Mike/Tak - yea yea yea...so what...
eyes.gif

Jon - enjoying them i see
smokin.gif

Mike/Blackred - good gif work there
wink.gif
and damn those 95's look good, i'll be needing those....the NY'er in me needs two as well
devil.gif
. i hope u can get something back from JD.
DK -
eek.gif
........ballllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllling, sick pickup post man. u leave anything out there for anyone else?
roll.gif

finally got the material so i started work on making this a reality....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom