TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup Fam-

TGIF- 70 degrees today, happy the weekend is approaching

I feel like the 24/7 are a great idea. They took 3 of the most best AM and combined them into one shoe. I know everyone wants OG colorblocking on their favorite models and bigger air units but as a company they have to put out new product. No different from the Air Penny 1/2 cent or the Spizikes which were a success. Yes some of the colorways/materials used are questionable but overall I think its a good shoe, not to mention the 09 platform which is an instant classic as far as I'm concerned. As far as air max being pimped, I think they've been pimping them for years, we've seen the 360 hybrids, cheetah print, elephant print etc.. guess we all just have different taste/preference.

1/2 cents and spizikes are both abominations to their respective lines as well. frankenstein shoes suck in my opinion. the "fusion" idea can be done tastefully, and then it can be overdone. I think the one time only pack with the 360 soles was a tasteful execution of the idea, and the 24/7 is overdone. it's not better than any one of the shoes that make up its parts. agree to disagree? haha.

and man you guys are lucky out there in NY, 70 degrees?  man.  we were having nice weather but then it snowed, then nice weather, now back down to the 40s again.  the mountains make this crazy weather vortex for us.  march is always crazy.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

1/2 cents and spizikes are both abominations to their respective lines as well. frankenstein shoes suck in my opinion. the "fusion" idea can be done tastefully, and then it can be overdone. I think the one time only pack with the 360 soles was a tasteful execution of the idea, and the 24/7 is overdone. it's not better than any one of the shoes that make up its parts. agree to disagree? haha.
QFT!!

Couldn't have said it better.

24/7's suck period. Nike should just concentrate on making some basic, good colorways and using good material.  If they can spend money making horrid hybrids, they can surely spend a little more money on better materials

CLW- check with END on those 180s. As of last week they had sizes available for pre-order. If I remember correctly they were around $150 shipped to the US.

Sitting here hoping my car passses smog......wearing all grey premium 90s. Believe it!

RL -  My problem is specifically with this whole AM Attack thing.  As for the 24/7, I thing it's a decent shoe:  nice concept, but decent execution at best, and a retarted name.  I feel Nike made poor choices with the first colorways released too.  If they released pairs very much inspired by classic 95 and 97 colorways (or at least executed them better), I feel like they would been better accepted.  The pair posted last page is the first I've seen with a good colorway, and I actually liked the looks of it.  But the fact that Nike did this whole attack thing, putting outrageous materials/cw's on a models that haven't even been established yet, doesn't make any sense.  I mean, 87's and 90's, even 95's have been around a while and I can see mixing it up a little bit.  But expecting people to buy more or less novelty versions of a brand new shoe is reaching IMO.

Denver/RL - I somewhat agree with both of u... I agree that Nike has to continue moving forward in that they have to create new products... Hybrids are usually hit or miss... I am a fan of the 6 rings and half-cents but Im horrified of the spizikes and jordan-air force one fusions... But I do believe that if Nike is going to move forward it SHOULD NOT lose what has made the company so great i.e. quality materials, quality manufacturing and quality ideas... Nike is like a lot of old singers and rappers, when they're out of new ideas and need money they make a "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" album which to me is what the hybrids are. "Lets just take our best sellers and combine together and sell that. We're too lazy to come with new ideas..."

Tak - Good luck man, I hope u went to a trustworthy shop cuz they might try to get u with bull$&! repairs...

Denver - Move out to Cali bro! Weather is always HOT!

haha man I have wanted to move to Cali for 10 or 12 years but it's too damn expensive to live out there! plus you guys got earthquakes and fires, floods and mudslides (well, so cal anyway, I'd probably rather live in the bay), etc. but one day, I see myself making it out there, even if it's to retire. but for now, Denver is cool.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Yea man agree to disagree

Weather here is getting better and better though... NY Summit
nerd.gif

GS-  I hear you but as we seen with both Nike/Jordan brand, we aren't getting what we got in the 90s but here and there some products do turn out to be good. I feel like we should all keep an open mind to them

Larrivee- Give it some time, there are actually neon 95, orange 95, and a chili colorway coming. I wish they came before some of the other colorways, furs, denim and sueded but they are slated for release.

I wish Nike catered to us as well..
ohwell.gif

TGIF Fam!
Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

don't believe anything Justin says today. y'all making this too easy for him. I just hope nothing happens to you for real J, cus no one gonna believe you. I can see it now [Justin calling a loved one] "I just got in a car wreck. can you bring some stuff to the hospital for me?" [other person] yea right "homie" CLICK
laugh.gif
roll.gif
devil.gif

great stuff all around Fam...atmos', chilis, grey gr's, ID's, laser blue retros, etc.....i love it!! 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Drew - pics look good, food looks great
nerd.gif
....now i need lunch asap
smokin.gif

Dre - dope pic 
pimp.gif
and thanks for sharing the vid...pretty dope n funny.
Seth - i completely agree with what you said, i don't like the "air attack" approach(feels like they are trying to recreate a powerwall type of series again) as far as the materials and colorways used....very few are decent but most of them are garbage. btw....i love that pic...right click > saved
roll.gif

...and while i'm on the subject of powerwalls....today is indeed good friday! got these for $120 shipped from another NT'er and considering i've never seen them under $500 or even seen them in my size, i think it can be certified TCA(Viet?
nerd.gif
)...many thanks for the heads up on 'em FAM! (both of you guys
smokin.gif
wink.gif
)

AM1 Lemonade

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Denver/RL - I somewhat agree with both of u... I agree that Nike has to continue moving forward in that they have to create new products... Hybrids are usually hit or miss... I am a fan of the 6 rings and half-cents but Im horrified of the spizikes and jordan-air force one fusions... But I do believe that if Nike is going to move forward it SHOULD NOT lose what has made the company so great i.e. quality materials, quality manufacturing and quality ideas... Nike is like a lot of old singers and rappers, when they're out of new ideas and need money they make a "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" album which to me is what the hybrids are. "Lets just take our best sellers and combine together and sell that. We're too lazy to come with new ideas..."

Tak - Good luck man, I hope u went to a trustworthy shop cuz they might try to get u with bull$&! repairs...

Denver - Move out to Cali bro! Weather is always HOT!
not today
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Justin, sick. can't say it's something I'd ever wear, but how could you not get those for the price? I vote that as a TCA-qualified purchase.

wow @ $120, thats incredible! great pickup

un-ds'ed these today, been waiting for good weather
4484829274_befd452588.jpg

NWT- very nice FAM. Can't believe I passed on a ds pair last year for $250. Smh

nwt- very nice bro
Mayhem-solid pick up, great price
Modzzilla- I'm a little late, but where were those photos taken? sick view

thanks for the kind words Fam

damnit i need those shady burst
mad.gif
....good $#!t Neil
pimp.gif

UFB - dope valentine 95's
Chow - heinekams
pimp.gif

Cris - payment has been sent
smokin.gif

wearing these today...thank god the boss left early, so i can get comfortable for the rest of the day
glasses.gif

Denver - Even though the weather isn't as nice... BAY AREA>>>SoCal... Yea I said it!
Justin - Fantastic pickup! Yea i think that qualifies as TCA, Dope Urawas as well!
Got Shoes - Yea Im in SoCal lol my mom was complaining about all the rain in the bay right now...
Eorr - Dope chilis!
NWT - Shadys are sick!!!
Chowfun - I like the name and the HeinekAMS!
UFB - 95s are dope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom