TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a question, those denim pattas, whats the colorway? I want to buy them but haven't seen them anywhere around so ima order online but is it blue or purple? Thanks in advance.

Timothy - I'm still not a fan either.  Maybe if they made a black-based canvas 87 with a white midsole...................I could get down for some poor man's pattas
tongue.gif
.  I just don't particularly care for these all-one-color cw's they've got.  That plus the new tag/logo and the shape issues (for the 87s atleast), I'm not feeling it.

And yes, where are the mints
nerd.gif

Eorr - nice HOAs
pimp.gif
, and what's the info on those 97s?  Don't know about those, or if I did I've forgotten.

For those that were interested in those zoom air units I mentioned a while back that the guy was able to acquire, I'll give you the quick review since I got mine.  They are VERY responsive, maybe too much so to use as stand-alone insoles honestly.  The slickness wasn't really an issue, but it was a very different feel with your foot directly on a zoom unit.  It felt much more natural when placed beneath an insole, distributed the springiness much better.  Comfort is great on them for sure.  It does cause a bit of a space issue, though, when you stack an insole over the units.  They would be best used in a pair you've got a little room in, and would be perfect for a pair that's 1/2 size too big but you couldn't pass em up.  The ones I got were for sizes 10-11.  I wear a 10.5/11, and in my 10.5 I tried them in they were borderline too long. They were touching in the toe and heel and almost wanted to bow upwards (the little square piece in the front adds a little length).  They fit much better in an 11 and I think size 11.5/12ers could use them, especially if placed under other insoles.  I don't honestly think they would fit well in a size 10, but he did say he could get smaller length units.

23u4dhk.jpg

Bottom line, they're quite comfortable and could really make up for some of the lackluster cushioning and pathetic insoles in newer retros.  Tons of other uses I'm sure, whatever you could think of -- balling shoes, cleats, zoom-work boots
pimp.gif
.  I haven't had time to test them out in many models yet, just HOA 90s and a pair of 87s.  Just thought I'd pass along my opinion.

larrivee they were the Blue Ribbon sports edition that was part of the powerwall that came out a few years back

shaun, nice and clean 87's

dave, nice.

justin, dope yo

gusto, fly haha

eorr, clean hoa i want a new pair soon.. also nice 97's i need to get another pair

Originally Posted by eorr23

larrivee they were the Blue Ribbon sports edition that was part of the powerwall that came out a few years back
Right on, I should've known they were pw's.  Thanks
wink.gif

yeah I got a pair of those on hold, thanks again for the heads up Seth. sounds like they'll work out exactly as I had expected, perfect!

Timothy/Seth, I'm with you guys still, no love for the air attack pack from me, haha. although, those grey denim 90s are halfway interesting. I don't think they were done right though. white rubber on the sole doesn't look good and the all black midsole with black accent doesn't really excite me much. but the upper is pretty cool!

Elliot - dope HOA's and great price on the 97's
pimp.gif

Seth - great write up about the zoom insoles, that really helped a lot. that seller hit me up today saying that there's another order on it's way and he'll hold me down on one set. probably will end up cutting up an insole and attaching them to the bottom. btw...there's a thread in the nike section about zoom insoles/sockliners....pretty much listing certain shoes that already have insoles with zoom attached, i'll be pulling some insoles out whatever pairs i have from that list that i don't use often and reusing them in other shoes
laugh.gif

^^^if ur located in the US then that means they aren't an overseas release....which means i'll be able to get them over here soon enough...

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

^^^if ur located in the US then that means they aren't an overseas release....which means i'll be able to get them over here soon enough...
laugh.gif
You've got issues FAM

thanks for the comments on the stabs.
denver-yes they are the retros, customized. its so much better with the teeth on the midsoles painted.
pimp.gif

justin-dope 95s. you and your gifs
laugh.gif

eor-great pickup on the 97s. TCA baybee!!

and i still have not seen any of the new AM1 colorways out my way.
mad.gif

and here is a group shot of what i am unloading. PM works.
nutj7.jpg

sz9 obsidian lights, sz9.5 DS BWs, sz10 DS Pantheons.

/R/

hey guys do you think $120 shipped is fair for these DS?
479113_e4acf07385_l.jpg

(not the actual pic, just one i found real quick)

Justin - I dont't think shoes from overseas will stop you from copping those lights...Nice Shirt! Too Bad I missed out on those

Cris1 - Those AM1s look nice! I think I'll pick those up...

Tak - What's up Bro!

Andrew - What's new???

What I Wore Today,,, (I forgot how comfortable these shoes are)Taken from my friend's HTC HD2

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

FML
frown.gif
agreed
i have been so tempted to hit the bin from the ebay store but i wanna see them in person first

JC5123- I would do that in a heart beat but then again I am an unofficial member of team spend it all
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

and im a staunch supporter of TCA but i think its worth it, i mean they retailed for $110 5 yrs ago, i think ima pull the trigger

Eorr- loving the 97s

Gusto- dont see those worn too often, dope

EastLa- Thanks bro, I appreciate it

JC-Is that toe box just super stuffed or am is it me? I think you should cop

Was in my mom/pop today and the owner managed to get a few air attacks.. I'm trying to decide which 2/3 to limit myself to...

JC - if you want them enough to spend $120, then it's worth it. like ess dub said, they could be had for cheaper, but who knows when you'll find that deal. if you want it, cop it. shoes are worth what you're willing to pay. i'd say the window of price for DS dirty d's is $80-$130 or so, $80 being that dirty down low TCA sniper hunt slug to the jugular style, $130 being the max "i got to have it" price. if you got it then do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom