Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have really limited knowledge of metal
ohwell.gif
I know that I really enjoy a lot of metalcore like Killswitch Engage ("Holy Diver" cover is
pimp.gif
) and As I Lay Dying.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

This is my first foray into this thread, and I was hoping you guys could help me find some good metal to start out with. I've always appreciated the genre, but never got too far into it. Looking for some more melodic type with lyrics that I can understand. Not a fan of grindcore pig squeals and noises like that.
laugh.gif
BNR woo woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

http://www.bnrmetal.com/v2/genre.php?ID=m

ohwell.gif
I know that I really enjoy a lot of metalcore like Killswitch Engage ("Holy Diver" cover is
pimp.gif
) and As I Lay Dying.

Slipknot (I suggest the album Iowa and All Hope Is Gone two very different albums)
In Flames (Reroute to Remain and albums before it)
At The Gates
Lamb of God
Dethklok
Scar Symmetry
Kingdom of Sorrow
Northener
Arch Enemy
Arsis
Dark Tranquility
Insomnium
Megadeth
Machinehead
Shadows Fall
Black Label Society
God Forbid
Kalmah
Disturbed
Norther
Soilwork
Mudvayne
A Perfect Circle (Not really all that metal, but still)
Damageplan
Fear Factory
Five Finger Death Punch
Hatebreed
November's Doom
Static-X
Down
Spineshank
Hellyeah
Pantera
Metallica (Not Some Kind of Monster or whatever that craptastic album was called)
Tool
Otep (Songs are hit or miss on all albums, best album is probably The Ascension)
Rammstein
Rob Zombie (Not the Educated Horses album STAY AWAY FROM THAT GARBAGE)
System of A Down
The Sword
Trivium (I suggest the album The Crusade)
Verdict of Vengeance
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
) and As I Lay Dying.
Metalcore eh?
Trivium
Avenged Sevenfold
In Flames
All that remains
Shadows fall
Atreyu
The Devil wears prada
Bullet for my valentine

Certainly not my fav subgenre of metal but I love killswitch, God Forbid and A7X

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Certainly not my fav subgenre of metal but I love killswitch, God Forbid and A7X

Thanks guys. Still in the process of discovery. Anton, what's your favorite subgenre? And could you recommend a couple bands of said genre? Same question to you, ninjallama, if you have a second.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Thanks guys. Still in the process of discovery. Anton, what's your favorite subgenre? And could you recommend a couple bands of said genre? Same question to you, ninjallama, if you have a second.

Technical Death metal is prolly my fav.

-Spawn of Possession
-Necrophagist
-Nile
-Decapitated
-Psycroptic
-Suffocation 
-The Faceless
-Death
-Origin
-Brain drill
sick.gif
<--you prolly shouldn't start with this, it's an automatic headache but I appreciate them in doses.
laugh.gif

Also does anyone listen to Cynic, Intronaut, and/or Dysrythmia?  They're going to be in Portland this weekend the day before Otep and The Agonist.

Haha, wow my memory sucks.  I listened to both songs you posted
laugh.gif

Might have to talk to my buddy, see if I can crash at his place, and see Cynic and Otep
pimp.gif

Damn Ninja your really keep this alive. Thanks man. I awesomely digging that Faceless.

I don't know if any of you guys have listened to Aeon, but they just dropped a new album
pimp.gif

From the Bleeding the False Album (2005)

Obviously from Rise to Dominate (2007)

From the new album

Damn Ninja thanks for that. I had completely forgotten that they were releasing a new one. I will jam out to right now.

As my first submit to this thread I have to say this is probably my favorite song

The double bass just KILLS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ninjallamafromhell wrote:
I don't know if any of you guys have listened to Aeon, but they just dropped a new album
pimp.gif

From the Bleeding the False Album (2005)

Obviously from Rise to Dominate (2007)

The Swedes are killing the Death metal game.
pimp.gif

In June, Aeon released a music video for "Forgiveness Denied" and Dlimi commented on the theme of the song and video: "There have been a lot of scandals revealed lately, regarding priests (especially catholic ones) who have been abusing children sexually. In my world, there is nothing more innocent than a child, and the ones who abuse a child sexually will never be forgiven. In my opinion, they deserve to die a horrible, painful death. We want to dedicate this song/video to them, the filthy %%+%%@% priests who have laid a hand on a child sexually; we hate you, and want you dead."[sup][13][/sup]

Back
Top Bottom