Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Physicx

^co sign. i do like metallica though. ride the lightning, justice, kill em all...classics

anyways, dunno if any of you guys are into dark funeral, but the vocalist is leaving. sure, their songs get repetitive (SATAN! KILL! SATAN!) and most of it sounds the same, but i enjoyed most of their work (kudos to tagtgren and his spectacular production on every album as always). if theres one good thing about it, is that i get to see his very last show. he's leaving cause he's getting married, which is nice considering its not cause he got sentenced to prison/ murdered a homosexual or christian/ stabbed a fellow band member/ committed suicide in a circle of candles with a copy of a laveyan bible in the name of the devil etc etc
laugh.gif
he aint bout it.
laugh.gif

i dig dark funeral but the vocals/lyrics are the worst part about them. guitars are on point. its funny you mention their production cause thats the one thing a lot of people hate about them. they say its to clean and i understand what people mean because i feel the same way about some things, sometimes you just want it raw and gritty. cause you know "real black metal" is supposed to have crap production. but that doesnt bother me about dark funeral.

pimp.gif

tagtgren's production is a little TOO polished i agree, but as long as it doesnt sounds as bad as transylvanian hunger or some burzum, im good

i like raw black metal too (fimbulwinter sounds great. thanks for that!), but if sounds like varg recorded it in his moms basement, ill prolly pass
roll.gif

i just uploaded 4 gigs of music to itunes and all of it is @!+%@!. one of them is in some language (traccia 1, artista sconosciuto, album sconosciuto, genre sconosciuto????) or some %*%! so i dunno who it is and how im gonna figure it out. also got some ghostlimb and im diggin it. have you heard of them j1?

and yuku is %*%!. my god...

tagtgren's production is a little TOO polished i agree, but as long as it doesnt sounds as bad as transylvanian hunger or some burzum, im good

i like raw black metal too (fimbulwinter sounds great. thanks for that!), but if sounds like varg recorded it in his moms basement, ill prolly pass
roll.gif

i just uploaded 4 gigs of music to itunes and all of it is @!+%@!. one of them is in some language (traccia 1, artista sconosciuto, album sconosciuto, genre sconosciuto????) or some %*%! so i dunno who it is and how im gonna figure it out. also got some ghostlimb and im diggin it. have you heard of them j1?

and yuku is %*%!. my god...
i know what you mean about those basement recordings
laugh.gif
i still listen though, im used to it by now.

ghostlimb from cali? yeah their pretty good.

sorry to hear about you missing inquisition. i missed sound and fury fest this weeked but thats cause im lazy and broke.

although it would of been cool to see this
4829377353_06d3bd4b7e.jpg

who the *++! brings a motorcycle into the pit
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i guess a "riot" ensued after this and the fest got shut down.

^
roll.gif

I didn't go to the Otep and The Agonist concert Sunday because I didn't feel like driving all the way up to Portland.  Instead I took my hillbilly $@* up into the mountains and checked on how the berries are ripening
laugh.gif

^i think you made the right choice. do you like pitch a tent and everything when you go into the mountains?

and i cant believe that guy took a bike to the pit. he looks so pleased too
roll.gif

^i think you made the right choice. do you like pitch a tent and everything when you go into the mountains?

and i cant believe that guy took a bike to the pit. he looks so pleased too
roll.gif
Depends on what I'm doing.  The other day I was just hiking for the day so I just brought space blankets just in case.  I've been known to just go up with a tarp and a blanket instead of a tent.

Bolt thrower kills. I need to do the show review and I'll do it in a few. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Bolt thrower kills. I need to do the show review and I'll do it in a few. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen.
Yeah I was sitting there wanting one more video, so I figured I'd throw in a good band that hasn't come up for a while.  So I picked Bolt Thrower.  I love their music because a lot of it has to do with the Warhammer fantasy universe that I got into a few years ago
pimp.gif

Chaos > All
iwarhammer-age-of-reckoningi-the-hordes-of-chaos-20061121045649316.jpg

pimp.gif

who likes triptykon?

Triptykon.Final_.no-dates.jpg

10/6/10 — NYC @ Gramercy Theatre
10/7/10 – Boston @ The Middle East Downstairs
10/8/10 – Baltimore @ Otto Bar
10/9/10 – Philadelphia @ Polaris
10/10/10 – Montreal @ Les Foufunes Électriques
10/11/10 – Toronto @ Opera House
10/13/10 – Cleveland @ Grog Shop
10/14/10 – Pittsburgh @ Mr. Smalls Theatre
10/15/10 – Detroit @ Majestic Theatre
10/16/10 – Chicago @ Bottom Lounge
10/17/10 – St. Paul @ Station 4
10/19/10 – Denver @ The Marquis Theatre
10/21/10 – Seattle @ El Corazon
10/22/10 – Portland @ Hawthorne Theatre
10/23/10 – San Francisco @ Slims
10/24/10 – Los Angeles @ El Rey Theatre
10/25/10 – Tucson @ The Rock
10/27/10 – Tulsa @ The Marquee
10/28/10 – Fort Worth @ Ridglea Theatre
10/29/10 – Austin @ Emo´s Outside
10/30/10 – Houston @ The Warsaw

Hell yeah I'm down with Triptykon especially that they are still gonna play Celtic Frost songs. I might hit up that Austin one

Alright guys I'll shorten up the Review for the RATT/SCORPIONS show. It was one of the best shows I've ever been to and quite a farewell. We had good seats on the floor so there was no worrying about a pit. That gave me time to get two shirts. They are not really that good looking but I decided to get them anyway cause I always get a shirt at every show I go to. They were 35 piece. Anyway I decided to get some nachos while I watch Ratt and it was cool. RAtt was alright and have good energy but most of their songs suck. I can dig a few but thats it. The nachos were more enjoyable. So I split to take a piss and came back by the time i knew it they were playing AC DC. That means they are about to come out. After that they came on and played one of their new songs. Sting on the Tail, its pretty good its very catchy and the guitar sounds crunchy. Every song they played Klaus hit those vocals like a mad man. For a 60 year old this dude can still throwdown. Rudolf Schenker was a beast himself. He was runnig around like a mad man and put on a good show for the fans. The lighting was excellent and the overall show was one of the best. We actually sold this show out compared to other U.S shows who stuggled to sell tickets. San Antonio has always been Crazy for the Scorpions since the early years. Highlights were of course Blackout, Big City Nights, Still loving you, No One like you, and The Zoo (my favorite Scorpion song). Guys if these dudes are coming your way you have to check them out. These dudes can throw on a show. Here is the setlist. It had a lot of good ones. They actuall gave us an extra song compared to other dates. The crowd and the show in general was electric everybody sang to every song including me.  I almost got my $+@ kicked by this fat lady cause I got in her way while she was watching Ratt but damn I need to piss.  She yelled at me till I was out of sight
laugh.gif
. Good farewell to San ANtonio though.

1. Sting In The Tail
2. Make It Real
3. Bad Boys Running Wild
4. The Zoo
5. Coast To Coast
6. Loving You Sunday Morning
7. The Best Is Yet To Come
8. Send Me An Angel
9. Holiday
10. Raised on Rock
11. Tease Me Please Me
12. Dynamite
13. Kottak Attack
14. Blackout
15. Six String Sting
16. Big City Nights

17. Encore:
17. Still Loving You
18. No One Like You
19. Rock You Like A Hurricane

thanks for the review bcf. goddammit every time i read a review from you mention taking a leak, i swear
laugh.gif
jkjk

but sounds awesome. 35 bucks for shirts are overkill though, its always the older bands that charge so much. anyways, the stage looks pretty sweet and LMAO at that fat chick who was giving you an earful

anyways, just some vorum today for me. good stuff

Originally Posted by daprescription

what did I just watch
laugh.gif
this
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
theres cursing in this vid, and im sure some of you have seen it, but i dont care as long as none of you jerks report me
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Your not lying man I just noticed I did today.� Sorry dudes.� Yeah your right about the shirt thing.� But I've pretty much adjusted to it.� Anyway don't you got Wacken this month dude.� Are you ready for that.� Man thats got to be awesome.� I wonder what Maidens Setlist is gonna be.

�

I swear these dudes were way ahead of their time.  Listen to those solos.

Back
Top Bottom