Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BCF06

Damn Ninja sorry bout your 49ers.
Haha I haven't even really been watching the 9ers games
laugh.gif
  They're so %+@+$+@ awful this year it's unbearable
sick.gif

My Ducks on the other hand
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Not metal, but there is no Punk thread.
laugh.gif

Bad Religion - The Dissent of Man

Bad_Religion_album_disscent_of_man.jpg

[*]The Day the Earth Stalled[*]Only Rain[*]The Resist Stance[*]Won't Somebody[*]The Devil In Stitches[*]Pride and the Pallor[*]Wrong Way Kids[*]Meeting of the Minds[*]Someone To Believe[*]Avalon[*]Cyanide[*]Turn Your Back On Me[*]Ad Hominem[*]Where the Fun Is[*]I Won't Say Anything
First listen, blown away. Yes, I am not the most impartial person, but this is an amazing record.
laugh.gif

Stand out tracks to me : Resist Stance, Ad Hominem, and The Day the Earth Stalled

Greatest punk band on the face of the Earth.
pimp.gif
greatest? you can probably argue that but not in my book. love Bad Religion though. there should be more punk/hardcore talk in this thread after all theyve all influenced each other over the years.

hey remember "Mr Brett" by Snot, the brett gurewitz diss song.

SNOT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
miss these guys sucks what happend. RIP Lynn and Dobbs

Alright sorry about the delayed Rush review but I swear school gets crazier the more your classes advance.  Anyway here it goes.

Sadly my car $#@!%+ up bad.  I mean to the point where they told me it was time to get a new one so I'm carless at the moment but that won't stop me from going to shows.  Besides I payed about $150 dollars for the ticket.  This was also the first show that I go bymyself and it was pretty cool.  Anyway I had to catch the city bus which is cool but weird.  There was weird people galore and some people have the most extreme odor but what can you do but cover your nose.  I swear at times it smelt like onions and cumen (not sure if I spelt that right).  Anyway I finally arrived at the ATT Center and there was a flood of people waiting in line at all entrances.  As always its never an organized line.  Its pretty much people in bunches in a line so I said !@#$ it.  I got as close to the doors as possible
laugh.gif
.  Well you got a few couples pissed off because I cut in line but its not even a line to begin with.  So with in like 2 minutes the doors open and you have people especially the metal heads bumrushing.  So those people complaining pretty much got further back than they were.  As a veteran I knew this was gonna happen
wink.gif
.  So I get in pretty quick and cop the shirt which is of course $35.  I was only able to get on since American Carnage was two days later but its all good.  I was hungry as hell so I got some Nachos and a soda and proceeded to find my seat which is on the floor.  I chill there and watch them set up and after awhile I go take a piss before the show starts
laugh.gif

After a few minutes it begins.  It was cool because they start off with a small movie to get the crowd laughing before they start their set.
they did two more videos through out the show and I gotta say they were pretty funny and Geddy Lee is quite the character.  So after the film is done they go write into The Spirit of Radio which was performed flawlessly.  After that amazement they played some of their later songs which I'm not a big fan of but they are pretty decent like Time Stands Still and Stick it out.  Then they played the favorites like Freewill and Subdivisions which man I swear guys its something to see them perform those live.  Its one thing to hear them and your amazed but to see it live its pretty eye opening seeing as how 3 dudes make this complicated music. The First set was good but everyone was of course waiting for them to play the classics and of course Moving Pictures in its entirety which pretty much is always almost done on each tour with the exception of a few of those songs. After the set (11 songs)  Geddy Lee gets on the mike and says, " Well we are pretty old so we're gonna take a short break but we will be back out."  So that was pretty much time to piss and get a beer.

30 minutes later they have a countdown on the screen and play another funny video.
Then they bang right into Tom Sawyer.  Man what an amazing song and you can tell everyone is waiting for the Neil Pearts famous drum solo.  You got people air drumming to the whole thing and man its contagious.  How can you not.  Red Barchetta is one of my favorite songs so that was next and man I'm singing through the whole thing. I swear everyone around me was pretty into it so it was awesome.  Of course they play YYZ which what more can you say is one of the greatest instrumentals ever and you pretty much see everyone air guitaring to that.  Limelight was pretty good. But then you have the Camera Eye which everyone is waiting for.  I mean they haven't played this song since the early 80's.  I went ape**** cause the solo at the end is #*#$##+ insane.  Man I was just watching in amazement as its a long song but once that solo hit everyone was
eek.gif
.  Alex Lifeson was playing that **%* with emotion and everyone cheered once that solo hit.  Witch Hunt and Vital signs were also amazing.  Then they played one of the songs coming out on their new album which is called Caravan. Its a hell of a song and Rush can still bring it.  Its quite heavy then I'm used to hearing from them. It was a good song and I look forward to that new album.  After that was Neil's Drum Solo.  What more can you say but to just watch one of the greatest drummers and just wonder how he does it.  The vibrations from the drumming were insane and it was crazy how he pulled that off when there was still more songs to be played.  After that was of course Closer to the Heart which you gotta sing to that.
laugh.gif
The crowd interaction was awesome thats why I love being on the floor so much.  But man after that I was waiting for my favorite Rush song.  The epic 2112
pimp.gif
.  They didn't play the entire thing cause of course its about 20 minutes long but man its was crazy and thats one of the Rush songs you can actually headbang to a little.  I swear that song is played better live.  The only flaw was Geddy Lee's vocals.  He kind of struggled with it a bit but hell what do you expect when they play for 3 hours every night.  They played Far Cry and after that was down to the Encore.  But they threw a few picks and Geddy threw his arm bands and I had tipped it right with my finger and this fat dude just grabs it and falls right on his %%%.  You could tell he hurt his assbone and they had to get him out of there cause it seemed a little serious.  Once again the curse continues cause everything thrown my way is always tipped on my finger and still has me yet to catch anything from a show.  Anyway everyone is exhausted but ready for more as that set was the best of the night.

Of course everyone is chanting Rush, Rush , Rush. Then they bust out with La Villa Strangiato. Amazing song and Alex Lifeson once again goes bazerk and this song and even extends it with a solo of his own.  After this they play The Working Man which I love cause, well I'm a working man
laugh.gif
.  But they played it pretty slow and weird.  Like they made a twist to it but into the middle of the song they played it the way it should normally been played and thats when everyone was into it again.  After that was the end of the show and quite an awesome one.  If you guys haven't seen Rush you have to at least see them once.  Its one thing jamming out to them but when you see them perform it you just can't help but stand in amazement.  Hell of a show but I was already getting pumped for American Carnage.  By the way my ma picked me up
laugh.gif
so I didnt take the bus back because they don't run after 11:00 in that area lol. 

Ill post the pictures tomorrow.  After when I have time I'll post the American Carnage Review.

Here is the setlist for you guys

Set 1:

Video Intro (Rash: The Real History of Rush Act 1)
The Spirit of Radio
Time Stand Still
Presto
Stick It Out
Workin' Them Angels
Leave That Thing Alone
Faithless
BU2B
Freewill
Marathon
Subdivisions

Intermission

Set 2:

Video Intro (Rash: The Real History of Rush Act 2)
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Caravan
Drum Solo (Love 4 Sale)
Closer to the Heart (with Alex acoustic intro)
2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx
Far Cry

Encore:

La Villa Strangiato
Working Man
Video Outro (I Still Love You Man) (Forgot to mention this but those who saw the movies this was pretty hilarious.

Here are the pics.  The Security dudes were cool cause if you wanted to get up close to take a pic they let you but after a while they would tell you to go back to your seat.  That last picture I took during the intermission. 

52f159e95ca790c45ad323eb6f07e2b4c9616a5.jpg

00d25a6ef056daa79a7cbdddc511a491bdc8b66.jpg
b733597ee82c5a38a52c97aec80da03625a026d.jpg
5472532e69555ae39f7c53a7a23e22ea49ee67d.jpg
eab2553ed95e6a99922c4dbcd57b1466f304fc1.jpg

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

pimp.gif
greatest? you can probably argue that but not in my book. love Bad Religion though. there should be more punk/hardcore talk in this thread after all theyve all influenced each other over the years.

SNOT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 Snot reformed and now used the name Tons. Snot reversed. Yea, just as intelligent as I would have imagined them.

Lynn was an idiot. He $!%*$+% when Snot signed, he $!%*$+% when Brett left BR to run Epitaph. He was real careful to assure Fat Mike he wasn't saying anything about NoFX though, because he new Mike would have made a way better song about Snot.

That said, Snot's music was appreciated. Lynn had a very unique voice. The new Snot (Tons) is god-awful.

mad.gif
I just found out I won't be able to go see Accept Monday and their shows look like they are kicking #*$.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

pimp.gif

SNOT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 Snot reformed and now used the name Tons. Snot reversed. Yea, just as intelligent as I would have imagined them.

Lynn was an idiot. He $!%*$+% when Snot signed, he $!%*$+% when Brett left BR to run Epitaph. He was real careful to assure Fat Mike he wasn't saying anything about NoFX though, because he new Mike would have made a way better song about Snot.

That said, Snot's music was appreciated. Lynn had a very unique voice. The new Snot (Tons) is god-awful. 
Tons
30t6p3b.gif
yeah im trying to forget about that, you want to reunite once a year and play a show "Strait Up" style, cool, but to flip the name and try and associate this doo doo with the original Snot is whack.

by the way do you remember Ben Baller being in Snot? cause i read something online mentioning he was in Snot. i'll post it below.

from inkedmag
"Ben Baller, the man behind Icee Fresh & Co., a high-end jewelry outfit that specializes in classy bling, may have been raised in the Koreatown section of south central Los Angeles, but he was born in hip-hop. “I’ve been around hip-hop since the late ’70s,

Thanks for keeping this thread alive man. Its dying lol.

Anyway jammed out to

Raven-All For One
Ozzy- The Ultimate Sin
Scorpions- Virgin Killer

Originally Posted by BCF06

Thanks for keeping this thread alive man. Its dying lol.

Anyway jammed out to

Raven-All For One
Ozzy- The Ultimate Sin
Scorpions- Virgin Killer
Nah man it ain't dying, just everyone is really busy right now
laugh.gif

Just missed the Anthrax Megadeth Slayer show 5 mins from my house smh... Slayer played the seasons in abyss cd and megadeth play rust in peace smh again...

I made a hunting thread I seen a few guys in here hunt lets see these deer and what you shot it with lol.

I was at Guitar Center the other day trying out some Jacksons and I decided to jam with Am I Evil-Diamond Head and this came up to me and said "Dude I know that song it's by Metallica right?" I just look at him laugh a bit and say no it's Diamond Head and he hits me with "Who are they?" 
indifferent.gif

I hate Metallica for making everyone forget who Diamond Head is
grin.gif

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Just missed the Anthrax Megadeth Slayer show 5 mins from my house smh... Slayer played the seasons in abyss cd and megadeth play rust in peace smh again...

I made a hunting thread I seen a few guys in here hunt lets see these deer and what you shot it with lol.
I see your from Michigan...I'm not even going to try to explain Oregon hunting to you
laugh.gif

It's not an insult I just baffle guys from Michigan by talking about hunting in Oregon.

No deer to show for me.  Only got to do a week of hunting on a special hunt, but only saw a few does.  No bucks, and last year all I saw was a spike.
frown.gif

Between hair loss syndrome and the +@+$*@ up weather we've been having it's almost impossible to know where the deer are going to be.

Saw these guys play last week, they were pretty good. first grindcore band I ever knew

Back
Top Bottom