Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BCF06

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Originally Posted by BCF06

Hey Erick I know what you mean. That was my favorite song they played. We gotta meet up for a show one day once I get my car situation settled haha.

We should dude, I jut got my truck back from my bro so I got my transportation back.
I would say D.R.I. but a couple friends hit me up to go back down to Houston to catch the show.
Its cool bro. So would you be down for Immortal? I'm sure there is a junkload of shows yet to be announced. I'm gonna go see Ozzy but I'm not buying my ticket till the day of the show to buy it.  Plus Dave Mustaine said there are still tour dates that need to be announced for North Americal

I don't get down with Immortal man, sorry, any band with guys with painted faces I just can't get down with (Aside from KISS)
But hell, I might go to Ozzy, I was having second thoughts because of Slash but I heard his album and I was like
eek.gif

I hope Megadeth comes back to Texas this year, always a great time at a Megadeth show
Anyone jam to Suicidal Tendencies? These dudes are one my favorites
pimp.gif

^ i dig suicidal. i thought they were rappers when i saw a picture of them
laugh.gif

anyways, i was reading the forum and came across a review from someone in finland who was invited to an exclusive private hearing of the full album a month or so ago. he said that was it worth it? is definitely the weakest link on the album, so i still have hope that the rest of it will be fine. im fine with change, but the solos and vocals were...i dunno, they didnt sound right imo.

that being said, i listened to it all day at work today
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

edit - that pulling teeth sounds wicked

new Crowbar
pimp.gif

NONE HEAVIER

Crowbar never disappoints, cant wait to pick up the new album.

Erick: I did notice and got the whole discography (2 albums
laugh.gif
) after I heard the bass song in the last page 
pimp.gif

Definitely would see them live but first they need to make the trip across the pond to America

Florida death metal veterans Deicide will embark on the "God Is Dead – To Hell With God Tour" in February/March 2011. The Bloody Disgusting-sponsored trek, which is scheduled to kick off on February 15th, will feature support from Belphegor, Blackguard, Neuraxis, and Pathology.
 2/15 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
 2/16 - Charlotte, NC - Tremont Music Hall
 2/17 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11
 2/18 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
 2/19 - Rochester, NY - Montage Music Hall
 2/20 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
 2/21 - New York, NY - The Gramercy Theatre
 2/22 - Quebec City, QUE - Imperial de Quebec
 2/23 - Montreal, QUE - Cafe Campus
 2/24 - London, ONT - Music Hall
 2/25 - Toronto, ONT - Opera House
 2/26 - Chicago, IL - Reggie Rock Club
 2/27 - Detroit, MI - Blondie's
 2/28 - Louisville, KY - Headliner's Music Hall
 3/01 - Tulsa, OK - Marquee
 3/02 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
 3/04 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
 3/05 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
 3/07 - Las Vegas, NV - Cheyenne Saloon
 3/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Key Club
 3/09 - San Diego, CA - Brick By Brick
Source

Rotting Christ, Melechesh, Hate, Abigail Williams, Lecherous Nocturne will team up for a North American tour in March and April of 2011. Dates announced are as follows:
3/9 W. Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
3/10 Trenton, NJ @ Championship Bar & Grill
/11 Rochester, NY @ Montage Music Hall
3/12 Manchester, NH @ Rocko's
3/13 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
3/14 Farmingdale, NY @ Crazy Donkey
3/15 Montreal, QC @ Petite Campus
3/16 Toronto, ON @ Mod Club
3/17 Detroit, MI @ Blondie's
3/18 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
3/19 Chicago, IL @ Reggie's Rock Club
3/20 St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
3/22 Calgary, AB @ The Republik
3/23 Edmonton, AB @ Starlite Room
3/25 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
3/26 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
3/27 San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge
3/28 Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction
3/29 Hollywood, CA @ The Key Club
3/30 San Diego, CA @ Brick by Brick
3/31 Mesa, AZ @ U.B's Bar
4/1 Amarillo, TX @ The War Legion Underground
4/2 Tulsa, OK @ The Marquee
4/3 Ft. Worth, TX @ Rail Club
4/4 Austin, TX @ Emo's
4/5 Houston, TX @ Walter's
4/7 Tampa, FL @ Brass Mug
4/8 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
4/9 Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11
4/10 Charlotte, NC @ The Casbah
Source

Eluveitie, 3 Inches Of Blood, Holy Grail, and System Divide will embark on a North American tour in February. Dates are as follows:

Feb 01 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
Feb 02 New York, NY @ The Gramercy Theater
Feb 03 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
Feb 04 Quebec City, QC @ Cercle
Feb 05 Montreal, QC @ Le National
Feb 06 Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
Feb 08 Chicago, IL @ The Bottom Lounge
Feb 09 St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
Feb 10 Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theater
Feb 11 Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
Feb 12 Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound
Feb 14 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Feb 15 Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theatre
Feb 16 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
Feb 17 San Francisco, CA @ Slims
Feb 18 West Hollywood, CA @ The Key Club
Feb 19 Mesa, AZ @ Nile Theater
Feb 21 San Antonio, TX @ Backstage Live
Feb 22 Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live
Feb 24 St. Petersburg, FL @ State Theatre
Feb 25 Orlando, FL @ Firestone Live
Feb 26 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade

Source

im not too big on deicide but the bill looks promising. too bad it comes nowhere near me

rotting christ w/ melechesh and hate is a MUST though. kinda pitiful cause the last time rotting christ came i think there were only like 15-20 people
30t6p3b.gif

damn dude...i just peeped the bcs game thread
frown.gif

message me on facebook sometime alright brah? if you get the chance, register again here again
laugh.gif

*pours out liquor for ninjallamafromhell's sn*

What happened man? You gotta come back by registering again. We need you in this thread Ninja.

^All 3 above me are the heart and soul of this thread, I'm just a follower to the metal gods

Originally Posted by M4rioL

^All 3 above me are the heart and soul of this thread, I'm just a follower to the metal gods
Its all good here.  We are all equals here.  We take anybody's input and suggestions.  We have all found good groups from each others suggestions.  Its just been slow because school and jobs occupy our time but we always try to make time to post something.  So don't hesitate to post whatever groups your jamming out to or hear about.  Plus we love concert reviews.

+!$# that didnt take long
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

M4rioL, believe me, i still have ALOT to learn my friend. just because we post here often doesnt mean we necessarily know the most/heart of this thread. i mean, look at the nba thread in s&t. some of those dudes STAY posting in there, but im sure some are are mildly ******ed
laugh.gif

^very true, where I'm coming from you guys know so much more about metal than I do, Also the fact that metal is limitless around the world and its our job to find the good the bad and the ugly
laugh.gif

Metal or hard rock in general is hard to find because other countries love this more than the US, (where I'm from) I don't know about Canada is in the same category as us. You find rappers by doing simple google searches or on WSHH and its mainstream. its easier also cuz rap its most popular the US. I hear about Decapitated and learn their Polish, Behemoth is too,I posted Here Comes the Kraken and their Mexican, Canada has Kataklysm and their great to name a few bands I listen to and their all foreign. I have to wiki almost every band you guys talk about. In those tour dates Ninja posted, I knew about only 2 bands
laugh.gif

In Short terms you guys are more worldly than me
laugh.gif
still a learning process for all of us, especially me

To be honest I don't even consider myself a metal head.
I can be talking to some real OG dudes and they'll start naming bands I've listened never even heard of, I'll go home and listen to them and be like
eek.gif
, I mean I've been to about 3 concerts in my life, most metal heads would laugh at that, I'll admit I'm still a newbie. But hey, it's all for the love of metal, I didn't pick it up till I was 15, that was 3 years ago so I'm still learning about bands and what kind of taste I have.
Most recently I started hanging with some punk dudes, and let me tell you guys, these guys get pretty rowdy, I never really liked punk but then they started showing me a bunch of punk bands and I'm like "I can get into this".
But I'm still learning, and I still got A LOT of learning to do.

i also like to think of this thread as the unofficial hardcore/punk thread. so people feel free to discuss those genres also.

Back
Top Bottom