Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much just Suffocation worship. But, I dig.

Crazy. I’ve never been much of a Megadeth fan. But I remember my older brother playing me this album when I was 9 or 10. I’ve been into metal ever since.

Suffocation inspired like 90 percent of modern death metal, deathcore etc

Never listened to The Devil Wears Prada before but I really enjoyed the melancholic vibes of their new album Color Decay. Favorites are Trapped (easily the standout), Time, and Salt.

Been bumping this a lot lately. This pretty new French metalcore band had a really solid debut album with Between Me And The Machine but this song was something special, particularly the chorus. Maybe most surprising, I really wouldn't have guessed the singer's French. Generally French people have a very thick French accent when they speak English.

So I love TDWP. But as time has passed on it's clear that they're past their prime. If you've been there from the beginning at least. They killed the metalcore scene and ruled Warped Tour while also being invited to normal metal fests like Mayhem Fest. They could get audiences in both. The albums With Roots Above and Branches Below and Dead Throne (the former being it should be in the Metalcore Hall of Fame)

They are Christian and in fact I believe either the original keyboardist or drummer left because the band wasn't Christian enough.

So I love TDWP. But as time has passed on it's clear that they're past their prime. If you've been there from the beginning at least. They killed the metalcore scene and ruled Warped Tour while also being invited to normal metal fests like Mayhem Fest. They could get audiences in both. The albums With Roots Above and Branches Below and Dead Throne (the former being it should be in the Metalcore Hall of Fame)

They are Christian and in fact I believe either the original keyboardist or drummer left because the band wasn't Christian enough.

I’ve been checking out some of their older stuff today, mainly Dead Throne, but I’m feeling kinda indifferent to it. I’m not sure why though.

Color Decay is a fantastic album imo, but I’ve yet to find an older song from them that’s going on my metalcore playlist. I can see the appeal but for some reason it’s not clicking.

Any Bay Area heads want 4 VIP box tickets, which includes dinner and VIP parking, for Iron Maiden tomorrow night in Concord? Bummed I can't make it. Will let them go for a ridiculously cheap price. Like, a fraction of the cost of lawn seats. Hit me up!

Any Bay Area heads want 4 VIP box tickets, which includes dinner and VIP parking, for Iron Maiden tomorrow night in Concord? Bummed I can't make it. Will let them go for a ridiculously cheap price. Like, a fraction of the cost of lawn seats. Hit me up!
Damn that sucks
Got to see Iron Maiden perform for 2 hours at Graspop once and that's easily one of the best performances I've seen, even though I'm not the biggest fan of them

This is one of the greatest songs of all time though, and I feel like it's even better live

Sheesh man bad timing. I am Bay Area but always between that and Tahoe. In Tahoe right now.

Oh and Belgium Belgium that’s just human nature. It’s always the first step into a new door that resonates you with the most. Whether club, artist, hobby etc.

These were funny:lol:

And the random inclusion of Yanni conducting adds to it

Gaerea's new album is amazing. band is Portugese but sing in english. Black Metal

also prefer live performance videos like these. the high production cost videos are pretty lackluster. 4min song but 11min video. unless you're Behemoth of course :lol:

Idk how many times I've played this song by now but man, that chorus is just *chef's kiss*
I wish there were more bands like Katatonia and Swallow The Sun

That's why I rate Invent Animate so highly. Metalcore is still my favorite metal genre but when bands like them who mix in a lot of ambience/melancholy are on a whole other level.
As If It Never Was is a perfect example, which also has my favorite breakdown ever:

Last edited:
Had to post it on my Twitter because I’m bad with videos onto here but saw them exactly a day and a year ago. Great show.

this twitter account is from a former NTer. He was in this thread in the good ol days. Has a bit of a following from the metal scene. memes and music links

Any good gigs for you lot soon? Got architects supporting biffy clyro next week in Dublin, honestly going to see Architects more than biffy even though I do like a couple of their songs

Is it sad I don’t even count my brothers own gigs? :lol:

But one of his last shows he plays with this Christian Metalcore band from the Midwest (I believe) they were actually really good. Headlined

This band toured with them as well

Is it sad I don’t even count my brothers own gigs? :lol:

But one of his last shows he plays with this Christian Metalcore band from the Midwest (I believe) they were actually really good. Headlined

This band toured with them as well

That's a family reunion, not a gig!

New single by Invent Animate, and as always it slaps :pimp:
I can literally play their whole catalog front to back without any skips. At worst maybe here and there on their very first record, but Stillworld, Greyview, the EP and now these singles are all zero skips.

Reactions: gir
Forgot the monthly release for Dec.

Blackbraid was a good album. (#1 in last video) Native American one man army who did it all. Black metal.

I still have Gaerea and Hath amongst my favs of the year.

Back
Top Bottom