TEAM PENNY is LIVE!!! - We made it to 100

The whole point of the membership process is so we get to know each other better and get to see all the cool stuff you have. I'm all for every personwho's been contributing to this post being in Team Penny, but I'd like us all (including myself) to go through the process before we can make you anofficial member.

Just remember this is the internet and what you put in your sig at the end of the day really doesn't mean anything. That's why there is a membershipprocess. To add some substance to the board.

Penny4president - You've got my vote. Try and get those pics up somehow and we'll make you official.

Also welcome our newest official member - RJSims - Pretty cool to play in those foams in front of a crowd that big.

Exactly.

I want this Team to have some substance like TeamAmFam!
Also theyre members are very creditable.

So like wen we have ppl applyin to be members! They have to have more than 2 pairs of pennys and more than just "i love penny wen i was a kid"

cuz if that was the requirements than pretty sure more than 1/2 of NT would be eligable to join the team.

This team is for the Heavy/Die Hard Penny lover (shoe or player doesnt matter)

So like imdown with DwadeFan (the homie) & RJ Sims (Thatis pretty piff playin in a State Tourney in ur penny foams) bein on the team. I believe them thatthey wer penny fans and stuff.. Just like u gotta somewhat step up the penny game. and if u can do that then welcome to the team fellas!
smokin.gif

but like i dont want other ppl or like newbies comin in here only havin 1 pair of pennys & sayin "i loved penny as a kid" and expectiin to makethe team u kno. thats all... All in all i just want this team to have some substance!

guess I'll post some pics.. and MAYBE ill have seal of approval?

upandcomig32- NY

just some stuff

2z8pyxk.jpg

2uzpfgx.jpg

5tv020.jpg

2iswrc3.jpg

Most Recent Pick Up

11j4u93.jpg

UpandComing has my vote four sure!
pimp.gif

dude always contributes to a thread w/ good info & pix!
plus dude has some sick foams
pimp.gif

Here's my contribution so far....

All this years releases. Looking for Atlantic 2's, Blackout 2's in the mail.

Picked up the boots just cuz of the Penny obsession.

Some Penny T's

Some more stuff in the attic, will dig it out & post. also might find some old pics of me in my Penny gear fom younger times.

My Info on Penny, Born July 18, 1971. A few years before me, but 3 days after my bday (July 15th). Got the "Penny" nickname from his grandmother whenhe was born, she said he looked Pretty but with her southern accent it sounded like Penny.

I have watched him since Memphis state days, All my friends were Jordan fans, I was the lone Penny fan. I Live near Montreal, in NY, & my family planned 2vacations & got us Orlando tickets so I could watch my favorite player in person. I guess fate wa not on my side. The 1st time, 2 days before the game, Vs.T-wolves with Garnett & Marbury, he got injured & sat out. A few years later, we tried again, this time Vs. Lakers with Shaq & Kobe, after weordered tickets, he was delt to Phoenix. So I tried a few times but didn't get to see him play. I did though, get to speak to him over the phone, when Iwas in 8th grade, thanks to the Orlando organization for that. I did a repot that was 1/3 of my final grade on the Orlando organization & Penny. I stillhave this report, If I find it, I can post parts of it.

Penny was 3rd pick overall drafted by the Warriors, just imagine if that stayed, but got traded with 3 other future 1st round picks for Chris Webber.Coincedently, finished 2nd in ROY to Chris Webber. Won the MVP of the 1st, Rookie All-star game. (**Wonders if they'll make a Penny 1 or 2 in warriorscolors, like the Charlotte Kobe's**)

According to Nike, Before this Re-release of all the Penny 2's & 3's, The Penny collection is the 2nd highest selling collection in their company,only behind Jordan Sig line. Granted with Lebron & Kobe's all putting out MANY Multiple colorways, this achievement may be surpassed eventually. Maybethats why Nike decided to put out this line again, keepthe Penny line 2nd.

Fatty's Application -

My name is Matt and I live in Dallas, TX. My favorite play of Penny was when he would drive baseline on the left side and bring the ball around and dunk it onthe front of the rim. That memory sticks out in my head. I got my first pair of Pennys in 7th grade, the Air Penny (I). My mom wouldn't buy them for meand bought me the Scottie Pippens that looked like them. But being the deal maker I am, I traded a pair of Oakleys (remember Oakleys?) for my friend'solder sisters pair. A good trade if you ask me. I gave them to my dad when I grew out of them but I can't find them at their house anywhere. The nextyear my dad took me out of school when the mall opened to get the Air Penny II. Ever since then I have been slowly adding and building up...needless to saythis year has been a good year for Penny collectors. I took all the pictures with my phone (it is all I have) so they aren't the best. Sorry for so manypictures but I couldn't sell my application short...enjoy Also, my wife and dogs decided to be in the background of all the pics...ingore them.

First things first, the OGs I actually wore in Jr High/High School. All the rest I have just picked up here and there...

The ones I got out of school for:

All the rest...

My grails. Need a DS pair.

OG

2009s

Just like 8th grade:

Nike needs to release another CW of these:

Bonus:

And Buster hates wearing his VIIIs...

Thats it...am I in?

p1mpjuice & fattymagee GREAT STUFF you guys
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You guys are in!!! (Matt u been in lol but great stuff & forfilling out the Application anyways lol)

Welcome to the team!
pimp.gif

thanks man, WOW that Penny hat!
smokin.gif
I had both the black & the Blueone around age 12-13.. Bringing back Memories...

nerd.gif
**Heads to attic to take pics**
nerd.gif

Updated Members list...

Dwadefan
RJSims
UPandCOMING32 - NY
p1mpjuce
fattymagee14 - Matt - Dallas, TX

Welcome to the team guys, and thanks for going through the proper steps.

How do the retro Penny II's fit compared to Jordans and Foamposites? The V, VII, XII, and XIV all fit me pretty much perfect in size 11. I have to wear asize 11.5 in Foams. Also I wear 11 in all my Penny 1's. I have both retro and OG and they fit the same.

I know I'm slacking on picking them up, but my funds have been real tight.
frown.gif

Aiight, I got bored, found my penny collection... Minus my Lil Penny, can't find that guy lol..

I told y'all I don't have major heat like half of you, most of you, if not all of you...

My humble collection...

Abernja,
the penny II retro fits me snug, I went true to size and it's snug, if I wanted to ball in them, I'd have to go a half size up.
Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Aiight, I got bored, found my penny collection... Minus my Lil Penny, can't find that guy lol..

I told y'all I don't have major heat like half of you, most of you, if not all of you...

My humble collection.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dope Stuff fam
pimp.gif

i dont got all that heat either. ive only beenin the game for 6-7months so i got a humble collection also!
embarassed.gif

but its all good. ill still share with yall once i get some IVs
nerd.gif
wink.gif

^ Why wait bro? Post it up. I just took some quick pics of my stuff but now I can't find my USB cable.

Also we can't see what's in the bottom of your sig...."cough"

Cuz i got 2 pairs of pennys comin in next week. lol i got some of the pix ready. also i git a penny shirt that should behere next week also.

but i yet have to buy a pair of 4s so imma try to buy a pair in the next week or so but if not o wellimma just throw up the collecton without my 1-4completed!lol

Wait what u cant see it!?

hmm r u talkin about the link on the bottom of my sig?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abernja

Updated Members list...

Dwadefan
RJSims
UPandCOMING32 - NY
p1mpjuce
fattymagee14 - Matt - Dallas, TX

Welcome to the team guys, and thanks for going through the proper steps.
heyyyyyy can we get the complete official member list on page 1?
pimp.gif

LBS - Yeah you need to make the font smaller so it's all visible.

bigj505 - I will put it on the first page soon. Thanks for the reminder.

i was in a nice mood and helped 2 niketalkers out on the atlantic penny 2s... gonna update my penny pics very soon.

Back
Top Bottom