Team USA strikes again....Kidd unhappy

Turmoil in the Swamp: The New Jersey Nets have lost six straight starting with the game in which Vince Carter sprained his ankle against the Boston Celtics. New Jersey won four of their first five before losing Carter - making them 4-7 overall.

While Carter's return may spark the Nets, Jason Kidd doesn't seem to think that'll be enough.

Kidd told The Star-Ledger, "Right now there is no light at the end of the tunnel . . . and healthy, we're the same team."
"We had him, but we're still losing," said Kidd, referring to playoff failures of the past three seasons. "I mean, the proof is in the pudding. It's there. You want to ignore it, you can ignore it. You can sweep it under the rug and hope for the best."

It's a bit odd he'd lambaste the team so quickly considering they've been without Marcus Williams, Darrell Armstrong and Carter.

Clearly Kidd is frustrated beyond just this season, because of the team's recent history - considering the team recently went to the NBA Finals two years in a row. Remember, he was nearly traded to the Los Angeles Lakers at last season's trade deadline.

While LA thought they were negotiating in good faith with the Nets (with a package built around Kwame Brown, Jordan Farmar and pieces) - a source close to the Lakers describes a bait-and-switch in which Nets CEO Rod Thorn tried to push LA to include Andrew Bynum in the deal.

That was never a consideration for the Lakers and negotiations died on the table - leading to the infamous "Kobe Video" in which Bryant lashed out at his team for not dealing Bynum for Kidd.

New Jersey in turn had decided against blowing up the team and re-signed Carter to a multi-year deal.

Word from the East Coast is Kidd was very excited about the prospect of joining Bryant on the Lakers. The pair had a blast playing together this past summer on Team USA.
At this point there's no sense either team will revisit the discussion

I think Kidd is probably tired of playing with Vince Charmin.....I mean dude stays hurt and even when he's around the Nets are lucky to getinto the second round

While LA thought they were negotiating in good faith with the Nets (with a package built around Kwame Brown, Jordan Farmar and pieces) - a source close to the Lakers describes a bait-and-switch in which Nets CEO Rod Thorn tried to push LA to include Andrew Bynum in the deal.

They felt that offering Kwame Brown and Jordan Farmar in exchange for Jason Kidd was negotiating in good faith?

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Mitch, just do it.
Right now mitch don't do it. We are playing well. Kwame would have to go in this deal and right now I like the 3 headed monster we have at center.

The way Farmar and Bynum are playing this season Mitch SHOULDN'T do it....lol

But they should try to get something for Kwame before letting him walk this summer

But they should try to get something for Kwame before letting him walk this summer
Who the hell would sign him? I think we could sign him very cheap. Not that I like the guy but he can play some d.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Mitch, just do it.
Right now mitch don't do it. We are playing well. Kwame would have to go in this deal and right now I like the 3 headed monster we have at center.

It's the same damn team as it was the previous two years, where they dropped out of first round, the only real difference is that Bynum is older and acontributor.. What makes you think they will do anything this year? They were playing well at the beginning of last season too, and in the end nothinghappened. You are kidding yourself if you think that the good stretch they have now will translate into playoff success..

Don't know about parting with Farmar now. We gonna have to include some other pieces with Kwame.

Imagine pulling this deal with Farmar and Bynum still as Lakers.....Title

You are kidding yourself if you think that the good stretch they have now will translate into playoff success
Teams grow. I believe this team has come together and I believe they will make some noise. If they can get a good deal for him then go ahead andmake the deal but if they still want brown and bynum they can kick rocks.

Who the hell would sign him?

ithomas_070312_300.jpg

laugh.gif

^If you haven't noticed the "expiring contract" isn't as valuable a commodity as it was a few years ago

I'm with Xtapolapacetl.

Mitch, stop thinking about doing it, and DO IT.

If they want Bynum, fine. Here's the thing: Kidd is a better at being a PG than Bynum is at being a C.

Just don't package Farmar into any dealings, because that can be our future PG, and I'm sure Farmar would learn a lot from Kidd.

Like I said in the Lakers season thread, I'd even trade Lamar for Kidd. Kobe is the only starter not available, and Farmar is the only bench player notavailable.

In all probability, the Nets would ask for Farmar and Bynum in return.

Which would shake the bench severely, so I don't know. I would be more willing to part ways with Odom.

First, The Kidd trade talks may resume at some point this season, maybe even with the lake show but don't get your hopes up out there in la la land (fromthe looks of the board they already are).

The Nets have always played bad in the early part of the season (granted not this bad but still) and if any trade happens, it would be to make Kidd happy andthe Nets a better team.

Look, I am one of the few Nets fans that have said early on when they lost to boston the second time that Kidd to LA talks would begin again but the Netsdon't need Bynum or Farmar anymore with the emergence of Sean Williams and Marcus Williams still with alot of protential. That leaves Lamar Odom which byany means even if the contract was up which it isn't, wouldn't help the deal happen. Thorn and stefanick would also not take kwame brown in the deal.

Please this is the team that got Vince Carter for 2 reserves at the end of the bench, Zo's contract and 2 picks that gave them joey graham and i believethey traded the other (not sure raptor fans can help me on that one.) To think that the Nets would deal a hall of fame point guard to a team for next tonothing is a little ridiculous.

I can see them dealing him if they can't play better than they have even when carter comes back and plays a little but it won't be for players thatwill not help this team.

You wouldn't trade Lamar for Kidd?
hell no. For one, Kidd is what 34-35 years old right now and making like 13-14 mil. a year. Two, he may be able to rebound and pass well, but hecouldn't shoot out of a wet paper bag. Three, the triangle offense is designed so you don't need a good point guard to run the offense, its morehinged around a scoring swingman and an all-around forward, which is what Lamar is. There is no sense of trading for another PG when we already have 3. Youwant a lineup of Kidd, Kobe, Walton, Turiaf, and Bynum or Mihm? Our bench would be: Farmar, Fish, Javaris, Crapshoot, Kwame, and Vlad.

We would have 4 PG, which we dont need, and then a lack of a SF/PF to initiate the offense. Granted Lamar was injured last year, but I'd rather have a 29year old all-around forward than a 35 year-old all around PG that we have no need for. Seriously, why in the blue hell would we need 4 PG's? Even tradingBynum would be kind of dumb because once again it would put us at 4 PGs. I could deal with giving up Famar to and a package of Kwame and a couple of othercrappy players, but not another post to get another PG.

Any trade to acquire Kidd would have to include Kwame Brown. The exchanged contracts need to reach 85% of Kidd's contract for this season. Bynum and Farmardon't get you there.

Trading Lamar for Kidd is a no brainer. Get er done. Kidd's age might be a concern if he had a history of missing games. Kidd is as durable as Karl Maloneand MJ. He almost never misses games.

kidd will be making close to 40 million over the next two years.
touche, I though I read somewhere he was making 13-14 mil a year. 20 a year only makes it that much worse

I think Kidd is probably tired of playing with Vince Charmin.....I mean dude stays hurt and even when he's around the Nets are lucky to get into the second round
What does that have to do with anything? The only thing he said about Carter was that the team was losing when he was there, so the WHOLE team isstruggleing. That comment really makes no sense...Kidd was stepping out & sending a message to the team. Everybody was quiet & they seemed to be'used' to losing early in the season. The captain noticed that & spoke out about it.

.....I mean dude stays hurt
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Vince only missed 4 games in the past 2 & half years. (before this injury) Im sure that has to do with everything regarding this article, huh?

Regarding the trade talks, I don't really see them being realistic, he wasn't hinting a trade in my POV...as I said he was sending a message to thestruggeling team. Not sending a message saying "trade me."

Back
Top Bottom