Team USA strikes again....Kidd unhappy

The Lakers dont need Jason Kidd who's an aging PG.

They made the right decision last year @ the trading deadline by not giving into Rod Thorn who was trying to steal Andrew Bynum away from the Lakers.

Also look Jason Kidd is a great PG but he wouldnt fit well in the triangle offense.He isnt a hasnt had a solid jumper or 3 point range which you do need in thetriangle offense.I think Jason Kidd if he was traded to the Lakers would end up playing like how Gary Payton struggled in one year he played for theLakers.Financialy also the Lakers are already over the cap and Jason Kidd still has 2 or 3 more years left on his contract where he is due $19 or 20 million ayear

Another thing is if you look at the Lakers team now the Lakers are very deep @ the PG position with DFish, Farmar & Crittenton.

IMHO trading Odom for Jason Kidd like 23ska suggested would be a bad move.I'd rather trade Odom for Shawn Marion.

Again, unless bynum, odom, and probably at this point walton are involved, you will not get this deal done.

How do Farmar and Brown's contract equal kidd's?
If you were a GM with Kidd would you do that deal?

Kidd has always shot bad and is probably one of the worst career shooters at the point but the man changes the game and can stroke it from three point landwhen needed to (still he is a bad shooter overall).

People have said he is 34 going on 35 and is getting old. HE HAD 19 REBOUNDS IN ANOTHER TRIPLE DOUBLE THE OTHER NIGHT VERSUS ORLANDO. (Dwight Howard got 15)

And yet the Nets should just lay down and let Kidd have his wish to go to the Lakers because of what he did for the team. People on this board say it all thetime about how bad the Izod Center is and the fact that most tickets aren't sold. More people signed up for tickets when vince came and the team as a wholewas the reason the Nets were popular. (Martin and Kittles days) and being led by Kidd.

He brought a change to New Jersey no doubt about it but to say that we should trade him for farmar and brown because he deserves to be with a championcontender (San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, and Denver would still be better than the Lakers by the way if Kidd came since you would have no front lineoh yeah odom, Mihm, and Bynum would still be there since we wouldn't trade for them any way.) is ludacris. If any of the laker fans said bynum or odom asdefinite parts of the trade I wouldn't be posting in here because I know we can't get his value in return but we can get players that could keep usafloat.

Again I will say that I am one of the few fans of the Nets on this board that think trade talks for Kidd are more of a reality this year than last year but theLakers blew it and to think that the fans think they will get him for a waste of a number one pick and a point guard who has just as much protential as ouryoung point guard.

Hey but you Laker fans have been alright with lop sided trades like kwame Brown for Caron Butler so maybe that's why you guys think he will come fornothing.

I'm glad Kidd is a Net, but at the end of the day; if he wants to get traded there is nothing Jersey can do. However, I don't give a I SH where heWANTS to go. Ship him to whatever team will give us the best in return. This is all just wishful thinking on Lakerfans, Kobe & Kidd's part. You are not willing to give up what the Nets want, so they will look elsewhere.
Personally, I think they should still try & get JO & keep Kidd.

oneal would be giving up jefferson. The deal on draft night fell apart because jersey wanted another player from Indy and Indy didn't want Jason"STONEHANDS" Collins and wanted Marcus Williams and the 17th pick (Sean Williams). The Nets felt the krstic, Collins, Jefferson Deal would have doneit because they were going to go after Maglore anyway whether they got mikki back or not. Maglore,Oneal,Nachbar,Carter,and Kidd would have been the startinglineup which would of been a huge difference from what was the team over the years.

Now, like the Kidd to LA trade, things are different. Krstic isn't healthy right now which hurts his trade value, Collins is Collins, and Jefferson isleading the team in scoring and looking like an all-star this year. O'neal has been injured as well with some saying that his best years are behind himeven being 29 going to 30 (11yrs in the league already)

I like the addition of Jermaine O'neal to the Nets but it is worth it to deal the players for each other. I think Indiana would love it because they getyounger and can use richard as a go to scorer at the sf position. The Nets are that trade away from getting extremely old or extremely young.

I been holding out on saying it but I think the nets are looking at richards comments of wanting more touches and trying to create a new scheme. The othernight the team said all the right things before the orlando game that they need to stop settling for jumpers and start driving to the hoop. But then they aredoing the same thing that has hurt them over the last three years and taking those jumpers that are forced or not needed in that situation. Lawrence has saidthat they are running more but I don't think that fits vince's style of basketball. He does run on the break but he sometimes stays behind on the runleaving it to RJ and Kidd. The Nets tried Half - Court basketball the past two years and it hasn't been that good.

Just remember that Kidd goes, Carter opens his mouth. So the Nets will not be stupid when it comes to any deal that is made.

You are dealing with rod thorn. If anything, he makes gm look stupid after trades with him rather than him look stupid.

roll.gif
roll.gif
at some Laker fans.......might as well have MJ himself come back to play for PhilJackson......
eek.gif

^Then they would trade him though for another overhyped number 1 draft pick that will never have a all-star career.

Rod Thorn is definitely a monster at GM.

Kidd might go, but best believe that RT will get a decent package for him. If anything RJ will get moved. His value is dumb high right now. And I can see an RJfor JO trade. Vince to the 3, Wright to the 2, and Magloire or Nenad to the bench.

The only problem with RJ for JO is that Jermaine makes too much. The Nets would actually have to add another body or a 3rd team for that trade to work.

I bet Kidd wishes he could go back in time and take the Spurs' offer instead of NJ's.

Here you go, FrenchBlue:

[h1]NBA Rumor Central: Walsh Refutes Report[/h1] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Wednesday, November 21

[h3]Walsh Refutes Report[/h3]Newsday reported Tuesday that someone with knowledge of the situation said Donnie Walsh would "certainly be open" to joining the Knicks with full control over the basketball operations.
"That is complete (expletive)," Walsh said Tuesday. "I would not be a candidate for that job for a lot of reasons. The major one is Isiah. I'm not doing that. Isiah is a friend of mine, and I wouldn't be a candidate for a job he's in."

"I'm committed to the Indiana Pacers for the rest of the year," Walsh said. "I'm currently not a candidate for any job. When this year ends, then I don't know what I'm going to be doing. I can either stop or I can keep going. That's where it is." -- Indianapolis Star

[h3]Three Reason For The Move[/h3]
Trevor Ariza | Lakers | What: Trade
Three developments figured into Trevor Ariza being moved to L.A.
The hiring of Stan Van Gundy as coach meant the Magic would emphasize shooting -- not an Ariza strong-suit.

The club then acquired Rashard Lewis as a $118-million free agent. He joined Hedo Turkoglu to occupy the forward spots, leaving little time for Ariza.

The clincher for Ariza, 22, was a season-ending shoulder surgery to Tony Battie. It forced Lewis to play out of position and fill Battie's power-forward role while sending the Magic on a hunt to find another big man. That turned out to be Brian Cook, who frees up Lewis to play some small forward. -- Orlando Sentinel
  • "I think we got two guys who can really help us, and they fit in with what we want to do," Magic GM Otis Smith said from San Antonio. "Cook gives us another big to stretch the floor. We can easily integrate both guys, and we won't really have to change what we do." -- Florida Today
  • "It's for the best," Ariza told the Orlando Sentinel. "I just wanted to play, and I wasn't getting to do that here. We were winning and I couldn't really argue with that. But me being a competitor, I wanted to play.
    "I hope I get a chance in L.A. -- that's all I can ask for."

Ariza, who played briefly at UCLA, said "I'm excited. I'm going home." -- Orlando Sentinel

[h3]Lakers Like Ariza[/h3]"Trevor Ariza was ecstatic," Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak said. "His ties are deep to Los Angeles."
The move leaves the Lakers with 14 players, one below the NBA maximum, and saves the franchise about $6 million over the next three seasons, potentially $9.1 million if Ariza opts out next July. The Lakers remain about $1 million over the luxury tax this season.

"There's a couple different reasons why we did it," Kupchak said. "We felt we had some duplication on the roster, in particular at that power forward position. I just didn't think that Cook was going to play. I also felt that we had duplication in the backcourt. Although Maurice was a backup player, I thought he might not get the minutes he felt he needed.

"Another factor and maybe the biggest factor . . . we like Trevor Ariza. He brings us a dimension we don't have, which is a defensive player at that position. We don't know how much he's going to play initially, so I'm not going to go out there and say he's going to be our lockdown defender. It may take him a while to get acclimated to what we do, but we don't have a player like that." -- Los Angeles Times
  • Kupchak said he had been speaking to the Magic for the past two weeks in order to swing the deal. He joked that he was proud that word of the talks had not been leaked to reporters, an obvious reference to the many rumors about a possible Kobe Bryant trade. -- Los Angeles Daily News
  • "More than anything else, I like the fact that he (Ariza) can go out and guard guys like a (Tracy) McGrady, or guard a guy like a Paul Pierce, some of those size guys," Phil Jackson said. -- Riverside Press-Enterprise

[h3]Mixed Emotions[/h3]
Brian Cook | Magic | What: Trade
"I've got mixed emotions right now," Brian Cook said. "I'm sad I'm leaving. I love all these guys on my team. I just want to thank the organization for getting my name out there to play Lakers basketball."
Said Kobe Bryant: "Mo (Maurice Evans) and Cookie are like brothers to us. We came out here and took care of business and now we'll go on the bus and mope." -- Riverside Press-Enterprise

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ You wouldn't trade Lamar for Kidd?

i know i wouldnt. lets be honest. kidd in the triangle with only kobe in the west = same result as last year.

the only player i would trade odom for is JO who if you saw last game, is becoming disgruntled and frustarated just like kidd...

hell i wouldnt even trade farmar for kidd right now. Kidd is old. he is not the miracle worker you guys think he is or else he would be able to have the netsatleast at 500 right now... kidd's shot is erratic...and hes getting up there in age. farmar has been lights out this year and is on the upside....

kidd doesnt fit the triangle mold period...

exactly, I dont know if you guys remember GP's stint as a Laker. That didnt necessarily fare well. I think Kidd to the Lakers would becomparable to the situtuation that GP was in. The Lakers dont need another PG for Lamar.

Kane wrote:
kobefan88 wrote:
exactly, I dont know if you guys remember GP's stint as a Laker. That didnt necessarily fare well. I think Kidd to the Lakers would be comparable to the situtuation that GP was in. The Lakers dont need another PG for Lamar.

So you think Kidd to the Lakers would be as unsuccessful as Payton to the Lakers?

See when it comes to the Nets & Kidd, we know what he did for the franchise by saving it. But if he for some bizarre reason gets traded soon, this teamwill be VERY different. Carter's role will be changed, RJ's role will be changed, Marcus' role will be changed, plus other players will have tohave a new style of ame added in order to score. The changes that would be done if Kidd wasn't here would be way to much & would not be a good thing atall. With Kidd ont he team, everything seems in place & in order. Everybody's position & role seems perfect.

You will have a lot of disgruntled, upset, frustrated, players, coaches, front office, & fans....Rod Thorn knows this....I can best assure that much. Thisman knows what he is doing.

^ So Kidd to the Lakers would be as unsuccessful as Payton to the Lakers?
I don't know who said that....but GP was basically washed up while Kidd is still playing at a very high level.

He probably would add a few more wins to this Lakers team, but is it going to be worth it in the long run?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Lakers roster just like it is.....except Sasha.

tired.gif
I see where hes coming from. I personally wasnt on board with giving Vince all thatmoney but it happened and now this team has to try to win.

I'm not gonna front though, Kidd+Kobe would be nice. A LOT more different that GP. Kidd can make a huge contribution to any team but now is not the time totrade him. If his team is still playing like this, you gotta do whats best for the team but this team still has potential especially if Kristic steps up.

So you think Kidd to the Lakers would be as unsuccessful as Payton to the Lakers?
kobefan88 wrote:
laugh.gif
at you trying to ask loaded questions

I mean, I'm saying though, do you?

And like gregzzy23 just said, Kidd is completely different than Payton.

For one, he's more team oriented. No that Payton is a bad teammate by any stretch, but Kidd is definitely MORE team oriented. We saw Payton argue about notfitting into the triangle; I don't see Kidd doing that.

What im trying to say is if we trade Odom for Kidd, then that makes us a team that is roughly the same as we are now, maybe a little bit better or a little bitworse. The trade doesn't make sense and doesnt help us. We give up a 29 year old for a 35 year old and add a 4th PG to maintain a team that is about thesame as it is now, maybe better maybe worse. Not only that, the addition of Kidd will take away playing time from our 700 other PG's and that leaves usgiving up a VERY versatile SF/PF. It may make us better by a few games now, but in 2-3 years when Kidd is on the decline then we will be screwed. Believe me,as much as I would love to have Kidd, it wont help us unless we give up a few of our PG's and Kwame and another throwin which also wont happen from a Netsstandpoint.

So as of right now, a trade between Kidd and the Lakers makes little sense for both parties.

I'll tell you what, if you can name a team that ran the triangle offense, had an all-star PG, and won a NBA championship in the same season then I willdrop all of this.

Well, that's kind of difficult, considering that next to no one runs the triangle.
laugh.gif

But (and you already knew this was coming
laugh.gif
)... Payton MADE it there.
nerd.gif

I'm just not sold on Odom. I think we've seen his ceiling, and I really don't think it's anything worth keeping when considering trading himfor a player like Kidd.

They said Favre was done.

Elway won a Super Bowl in his FINAL two seasons.

Even if you refute those examples, sports history is filled with countless examples of the 'old guy' playing just fine, or even at an all star level,despite the criticisms of his critics.

And I definitely don't think Kidd is anywhere close to being done. I say minimum... MINIMUM... of 5 years left. And the way he's going right now, howcan anyone doubt that he would at LEAST be decent at 37, two years from now? Lamar, two years from now, will be just the same as he is now; very talented, andnot very aggressive. I really don't see him as a guy on a roster that you fight for.

Kidd in the triangle offense could be interesting because every team that Kidd plays for changes their whole sheme. Jackson will not do that though. He wonNine titles using it and Kidd has won none running. Kidd also doesn't score due to his horrible shooting.

Gary Payton and Jason Kidd are two entirely different players also. Payton was the lock down defender with great offense . Kidd was the make every one on thefloor better point with good defensive skills and a limited shot selection. I think Kidd would do fine in the triangle but will it get Kobe back the to thefinals?

I mentioned before that there are alot of better teams out west whether kidd goes to LA and they have their whole entire starting lineup (I've rantedenough about the laker fans in this thread so I will stop now) from a trade for kidd. I think laker fans should be looking towards a shawn marion, JermaineO'neal, and may be even Paul Gasol if he can be gotten. They need that small forward or power forward to play with Kobe and Kidd wants a ring. Thats why Iagreed before about dallas getting him since they can offer the nets the most that can help the nets salvage what they need to and Dallas gets Kidd to go withdirk.

JB 23 said it best though, this team would change without Kidd so any trade would have to be thought out and involve a slew of players.

But (and you already knew this was coming
laugh.gif
)... Payton MADE it there
he made it there yes, but it also required the most dominant player ever and the best player in the league today to get there. oh, they also hadthat other guy to, yeah, Karl Malone. If anything if was a disappointment that they got their only to lose.

I'm just not sold on Odom. I think we've seen his ceiling, and I really don't think it's anything worth keeping when considering trading him for a player like Kidd.
im not to sold on Odom either, but come playoff time he usually brings his A game. It's not really the giving Odom up that I mind, itsgetting a fourth PG who is about to turn 35 in return. Im all about trading Odom IF it makes us better. I just think that this trade doesnt make us betternow nor will it in the future.

They said Favre was done.

Elway won a Super Bowl in his FINAL two seasons.
I can see how you can compare quarterbacks to PG's but PG's in the NBA require much more athleticism. I understand that Kidd will stillhave his court vision, I wont deny that. But eventually his lateral quickness with slow and he will have a much harder time defending the opposing PG,especially the Devin Harris' and Barbosas who are extremely quick with the ball.

Like ive repeated many times, I just dont understand trading for an aging PG when we already have three, especially if we have to give up Odom in return. Iwould be all for trading for Kidd if we didnt have to give up Odom or Bynum, but from a Nets standpoint that would be dumb.

Back
Top Bottom