++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

precurser to Presto's? :wow:
eek.gif
those are dope as hell! kapepper always droppin the rare/never before seen vintage @#%$...

M!ke
i'm white. since that matters....

I'm moving up in the shoe game at break-neck speed...

Gentlemen:

Do I have any takers? If so, please contact me. If not, you know where to find them. Please, they need new homes. Thank you kindly.

solo 89 high 12

4z9pnad.jpg

solo 89 low 11

4py9gk0.jpg

OG flight 89 low 11

4ys6edi.jpg

kapepper: nice find on those Air Revs. I thought i mite be able to manage a steal with those but you snatched em from me :D
happy.gif
. none the less, great pickup

M!ke

thanks guys, i am happy with them!
Mike, i saw you bidding on them!

Anyway: some background info on the fab five huarache (from kickguide.com....)

Quote:
Flashback to 1992. 5 Freshmen took the world by storm. Long baggy shorts, black socks, cocky attitude, alley-ooping, trash talking and oh yeah, a little game too. You could say the game was re-invented. They played with an urban mindset - a ghetto style of hoops that revolutionized millions of youngsters to come. It was not just dope but it was also marketable. Would there even be an And1 Mix Tour today if the Michigan Fab 5 hadn't pave the way for the generations to come?

Basketball powerhouses Temple, North Carolina, Ohio State and Cincinnati all fell at their feet in the NCAA Tournament. You could say the revolution WAS televised. Over 21 million people tuned in to see the final showdown with Duke, making it the second-highest ranked basketball game in television history. Basketball fans swarmed to the Michigan Wolverines Fab 5 like no other freshman team in the history of college basketball.

Rose, Jackson, King, Howard and Webber: five fabulous players, but only one shoe is needed to define them. The first time the team broke out this new pair of Nikes, every kid wondered "what IS that on their feet"? Distinctive, SWOOSHLESS, bold & flashy, nothing like we've ever seen before - much like their game. Make no mistake about it, the Huaraches were the coming-out-party kicks that put them on the map. The Fab 5 even requested Nike to make an all black pair just for them.

Looking back, the marketing machine of Nike in 1992 boasted that the Huarache (defined as a flat-heeled sandal with an upper of woven leather strips) is a new line of athletic shoes that will perform with only the basic necessity of a shoe. Comfortable, smooth and huggable is what Nike wants you to believe. The elastic inner bootie reminds you of a pair of comfortably fitted socks. The outer structure consist of only what's needed to lock your foot in place, thereby giving you maximum comfort with the least amount of weight. Take a peak at the bottom of the shoes and you will see a simple yet gorgeous design. Traction proved to be highly grippy and more than adequate for your balling needs. If all that you need was a light-weight, breathable, luxurious ride, then this shoe is just about as good as it gets.
:smile:
smile.gif
Team Vintage Heat​

no pickups to mention, just a few shots i figured I'd post. this is my new fav thread :D
happy.gif

M!ke

the Kid Griff in some Air Barrage's (AKA my grails!)

no explanation necessary...

Quote:
got a couple vintage (late 90's) PE's to show off in about a week. they're heaters so stay tuned =D
hopefully these don't prove to be a letdown... lol bet you can't guess what they are :tongue:
tongue.gif
i'm white. since that matters....I'm moving up in the shoe game at break-neck speed...

Back
Top Bottom