Teams who play on the "road" while at home....

It depends on the opponent. Usually alot Cowboys fans at Cardinals games. There were a TON of Bears fans at Cowboys Stadium this year for that game. Steelers always travel well. Usually alot of Yankee fans here in Texas when they play the Rangers.

It depends on the opponent. Usually alot Cowboys fans at Cardinals games. There were a TON of Bears fans at Cowboys Stadium this year for that game. Steelers always travel well. Usually alot of Yankee fans here in Texas when they play the Rangers.

When the steelers play the fans show up well everywhere. Not because they travel well, the fans are just all over due to the success of the team and the dynamics of the Pittsburghs history

When the steelers play the fans show up well everywhere. Not because they travel well, the fans are just all over due to the success of the team and the dynamics of the Pittsburghs history

back in the 90s, when MJ's Bulls would come to LA (Clippers) it felt like the United Center, lol.  Or even when the Larry Bird Celtics would visit the Clips, fans would boo any foul called on Bird, lol

back in the 90s, when MJ's Bulls would come to LA (Clippers) it felt like the United Center, lol.  Or even when the Larry Bird Celtics would visit the Clips, fans would boo any foul called on Bird, lol

NY and ATL/FL are generally like that with sports. LOTS of NY sports fans in those towns.

As a Knick fan I love thought of potentially having 7 home games if we see ATL or MIA in the playoffs
laugh.gif

NJ too. I don't think anybody there really isn't a fan of some NY sports team.

NY and ATL/FL are generally like that with sports. LOTS of NY sports fans in those towns.

As a Knick fan I love thought of potentially having 7 home games if we see ATL or MIA in the playoffs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Lakers @ Kings. If you ain't a Kings fan in Sacramento, you probably a Faker fan
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
  what the hell happened to the worlds greatest fans?  9 years ago you could hear them damn cowbells down here,  now the kings fanbase is a shell of what it once was.
thank you. the supposed 6th man right?
shame that they're moving ti anaheim though where it's basically Lakerland 

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Lakers @ Kings. If you ain't a Kings fan in Sacramento, you probably a Faker fan
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
  what the hell happened to the worlds greatest fans?  9 years ago you could hear them damn cowbells down here,  now the kings fanbase is a shell of what it once was.
thank you. the supposed 6th man right?
shame that they're moving ti anaheim though where it's basically Lakerland 

there are three variables in play here:

1. the road team has a traditionally strong fan base (e.g. Red Sox, Yankees, Lakers, etc...)
2. the road team typically is a big market in its sport = more affluent fan base that can afford to travel
3. the home team either stinks (e.g. Orioles) or has no fan base due to it being a weak sports town (e.g. Tampa Bay area, Atlanta)

there are some markets where the fan base is still strong. Utah Jazz for example. still very loud and back their team. so the effect is less.

there are three variables in play here:

1. the road team has a traditionally strong fan base (e.g. Red Sox, Yankees, Lakers, etc...)
2. the road team typically is a big market in its sport = more affluent fan base that can afford to travel
3. the home team either stinks (e.g. Orioles) or has no fan base due to it being a weak sports town (e.g. Tampa Bay area, Atlanta)

there are some markets where the fan base is still strong. Utah Jazz for example. still very loud and back their team. so the effect is less.

Back
Top Bottom