Teens are procrastinating getting Drivers licenses VOL. they BROKE

Seems this generation is all about short term fixes for long term problems that cost 10x more...but that fits right into the structure of things today where we literally lease EVERYTHING down to the music we listen.

No one owns anything anymore, and that’s by design. All these share programs are just another way to have people reliant on a controlled option that can be pulled away at anytime.

I don’t wanna grab my tinfoil hat, but I’m about to.

I’m really glad I grew up before the cellphone and smartphone dominant era. I had a cellphone senior year of high school but never used it. Can’t imagine being a teacher now and most of the kids are looking at their phones in class.

My friend was the only one in my group that had one and we all used it.

Only on weekends and after 7PM during the week cause it was free :lol::nthat:

Definitely a trap. A lot of people don’t realize how much not driving limits your ability to move around freely and experience ****.

Big factor in why people in certain communities stay in a 10 block radius.
definitely agree. But when I commuted from Brooklyn to NJ for work I left the car at home majority of the time and took subway into Manhattan then Nj. Drove one time to work and pissed me off so bad I was yelling while going into the office about the traffic.

Seems this generation is all about short term fixes for long term problems that cost 10x more...but that fits right into the structure of things today where we literally lease EVERYTHING down to the music we listen.

No one owns anything anymore, and that’s by design. All these share programs are just another way to have people reliant on a controlled option that can be pulled away at anytime.

I don’t wanna grab my tinfoil hat, but I’m about to.

Nah I'm with you on this. Folks don't even have the patience to keep their smart phone for a year. They get an expensive one, roll the payment into their cell phone bill, trade it in for nothing when the new one comes out and then roll that cost into their bill again.

latest

I talked to other parents and they’re having the same issue with their kids.

My barber daughter is turning 17 this year and she just doesn’t have the urgency to want to get her license. She said the same thing, there’s Uber/Lyft. It’s much cheaper.

I talked to other parents and they’re having the same issue with their kids.

My barber daughter is turning 17 this year and she just doesn’t have the urgency to want to get her license. She said the same thing, there’s Uber/Lyft. It’s much cheaper.

It’s not even really cheaper. My parents didn’t make me pay for the car insurance or the inspection, I paid for the gas. To fill up the car was maybe $30-40. uber / lyft rides are like $10 and up, so 2-3 trips is already how much they would spend to fill a gas tank.

Nah I'm with you on this. Folks don't even have the patience to keep their smart phone for a year. They get an expensive one, roll the payment into their cell phone bill, trade it in for nothing when the new one comes out and then roll that cost into their bill again.

latest
!!!

That scene legit changed my outlook on life. Glad I got to see it at the age I did.

RIP John Singleton.

But who's paying for the car, the gas , the insurance? She's right uber exists, bikes exist.

so you're fine with someone never getting a driver license? if your wife just ubered everywhere and/or had you drive her where she wanted to go anytime you'd be ok with that?

uber doesnt open the options like having your own car. only excuse I can see for this is if you live in nyc.

It’s not even really cheaper. My parents didn’t make me pay for the car insurance or the inspection, I paid for the gas. To fill up the car was maybe $30-40. uber / lyft rides are like $10 and up, so 2-3 trips is already how much they would spend to fill a gas tank.
Yea, I don't by the, "It is cheaper" nonsense either.

Also, you have to factor in convenience which also makes having your OWN car a better option.

This generation is so screwed up. My boy will be 11 in August and he can already whip my Crown Vic. He will have his license on his 16th b day. I blame a lot of these parents too. Parents have gotten real lazy and don’t do anything with their kids. Parenting now days is handing your child a device. So sad what society has become

I know a grown man who been stressing on getting his “L’s” since he was 17 dude 30 years old still talking bout..mann when i
Go to the dmv my whole life will change...this is in south fl btw lmao

This generation is so screwed up. My boy will be 11 in August and he can already whip my Crown Vic. He will have his license on his 16th b day. I blame a lot of these parents too. Parents have gotten real lazy and don’t do anything with their kids. Parenting now days is handing your child a device. So sad what society has become

I just sit back and observe some of these parents in befuddlement

My dad is a jackass though, hated learning to drive with him. Taking a few lessons from the driving school was way better and didn’t make me want to drive the car into a wall.

Driving used to be a class in high school, now you gotta pay over $400 to take a drivers course. Kids can’t learn unless their parents teach them and in this day n age parents are lazy af, so they don’t learn and instead learn to stupidly spend their money on uber lol.

For a teen or person in their early 20s it’s cheaper to drive your folk hand me down car than to spend $8-10 on uber daily that’s 50-70 a week...I put $30 gas a week tops.

My nephew just missed a job oppurtunity for not having a license.

Back
Top Bottom