Teens mock, laugh at disabled man as he drowns.

Disgusting. Over here we have a law that forces you to give aid or call emergency services for someone in distress. We were all trained to give first aid in school. I think that should be the law everywhere especially in today's society. Nowadays kids will just pull out their phones and start recording instead of calling emergency services or rushing to help.

Agreed. Everyone should be trained in CPR and First Aid.

I'm pretty sure health class is a requirement in my state and they cover cpr and first aid every year. However, I remember swimming was required in PE too and all we did is learn different swimming/diving techniques. They should train kids how to properly save someone that can't swim.

RIP to the victim. This is a horrible story.

This world is full of people that hate helping people in need and openly mock them. They were probably thinking he put himself in the water, he should get himself out.

Def not watching the vid..but this reminds me of the video in China where someone was dying on the sidewalk or street and no one cared and walked by? There's a few different videos like this

Damn. I would've jumped in if it was a pool. No way I jump in and risk My life. But no way I'm recording it either.

Y'all ever been around someone who can't swim? They do anything to not drown even try to drown you.

TRUE...but this was a group of kids....they could of saved him. I agree i wouldnt risk my life by myself to save someone because im not a great swimmer but if i had my homies with me u best believe we jumping in to save him

Rest in peace, Jamel Dunn.

Jesus Christ. Couldn't even watch that video. Pains me to know we live among such people. :smh:

I skimmed and when I didn't see Dunn's body anymore and heard laughing.....

I understand those kids can't be charged with anything, but a reprimand is well in order for sure.

They weren't gunna save him in any case, how did he get that far out if he can't swim?

Their ignorance is a shame but t again, they weren't saving him period

Yea there are plenty videos..where dudes lay bleeding out in the hood and people sitting there recording.

Happens alot in the hoods of LA and New Orleans. Killings are just all to common for people to care

They weren't gunna save him in any case, how did he get that far out if he can't swim?

Their ignorance is a shame but t again, they weren't saving him period

I would kinda understand if they were worried for there own safety in trying to save him, but the article says they were laughing and even while being interviewed some had zero remorse.

In a 10 minute span of dude struggling and trying to survive you can't go find someone to help?? SMH.

Maybe, maybe not but to just stand there and not even call for help or make any effort? Then on top of that laugh and make jokes as someone is dying?

I need to learn how to swim

Forget all that, can't even float to begin with.

RIP to the man. I hope those kids are scarred for life. Didn't read the entire article but how in the blue hell are they not held somewhat culpable for this. Jeering and mocking him. Disgusting.

RTs on Twitter/FB Likes/Followers on IT > lives.

So sad. RIP to the man. Don't know how these dummies live with themselves. It's not that they didn't even jump in to try to save the guy...it's that ZERO attempt was made to notify anyone that a man was drowning.

When they get older, they'll realize what they did was wrong and eventually it will eat them and then suicide.

When they get older, they'll realize what they did was wrong and eventually it will eat them and then suicide.

giphy.gif

I guess it would be one thing to get a couple laughs in at the fact he can't swim, then hop in and push the guy to safety. But to let him drown or not call for help IF no one can swim, that's crazy smh.

Disgusting. Over here we have a law that forces you to give aid or call emergency services for someone in distress. We were all trained to give first aid in school. I think that should be the law everywhere especially in today's society. Nowadays kids will just pull out their phones and start recording instead of calling emergency services or rushing to help.

I get that - but it's a shame that a law is even required. It's just human decency that should make you want to help someone in trouble. No-one is saying you should sacrifice your life for someone else's but call 911 and find a boat if you have to. There are a number of ways to help that keep you out of danger.

Back
Top Bottom