Teens mock, laugh at disabled man as he drowns.

That's why you approach them from the back, almost like an mma hold. This is some sad **** though, RIP.

Correct, this is what you learn when you're a lifeguard: you approach the drowning person from the back and grab under their arms (so they can't flail/go crazy).

m16740099_763x260-lifeguardingt.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why do they have to be self-hating? I think SH got it right by categorizing them as immature, desensitized, and lacking empathy.

There are still good people in this world. Check out big dude who got his Michael Phelps on.

Just out of curiosity, why do they have to be self-hating? I think SH got it right by categorizing them as immature, desensitized, and lacking empathy.

Everything has to be racialized, everything.

RIP Jamel Dunn

I know the kids technically break any laws but man, what a horrible group of kids. To mock and laugh at somebody drowning while giving no attempt to help and then feel no remorse after learning he died, they deserve terrible lives.

Florida mentality is different...

"Florida" mentality? There is a certain mentality involved here, but it stems more from a lack of parental guidance and responsibility and an entitlement culture which celebrates selfishness,ignorance and materialism over human decency. This mentality is prevalent in many places and has more to do with hood/ghetto culture than it does with Florida.

How bad is the video? Is the man clearly screaming for help and aware of their presence? I'm definitely not watching it and I don't appreciate the autoplay on Facebook and other websites that feature it

It's horrifying as a concept. I wish they could find some way to charge those teens for this.

Also, I saw this story on Yahoo and the comments made me angry

I get that - but it's a shame that a law is even required. It's just human decency that should make you want to help someone in trouble. No-one is saying you should sacrifice your life for someone else's but call 911 and find a boat if you have to. There are a number of ways to help that keep you out of danger.
True. It should be common sense and basic human decency but unfortunately many young folks don't share that view. They'll grab their phones immediately but instead of dialing 911 they'll press record video. Add the bystander effect to that and that's how these tragic incidents happen.
I'd have to check the exact details of our law regarding that but if I recall correctly there are also potential repercussions for recklessly putting your own life in danger in an attempt to help someone in distress. I vaguely recall the example of seeing someone drowning in a very strong current and trying to go after said person yourself instead of alerting or waiting for lifeguards. On the other hand you can also face serious legal repercussions for attempts to provide aid you're not trained to do like moving car crash victims. Sometimes that can result in complicating fractures, dislocations or even cause paralysis.

they need to stop making phones with cameras!!! this is non sense! if you aint picking up the phone to call for help whats the point in taking it out???!

:rolleyes:

what would you have me say?

i call them self hating and theres question as to whether thats a bit too much

so how would you prefer i condemn these boys?

damned if i do damned if i dont

i say my piece and leave it at that but here you come now im being too silent o_O

Don't say anything else . You asking "are they white? or self hating blacks?" was enough to crack me up laughing.

How does that EVEN matter anyway? LOL :D

Never change man, never change.

:rolleyes:

what would you have me say?

i call them self hating and theres question as to whether thats a bit too much

so how would you prefer i condemn these boys?

damned if i do damned if i dont

i say my piece and leave it at that but here you come now im being too silent o_O

My guy, the point folks are trying to get across is that not everything has to boil down to race.

I refuse to watch also, but the title says he drowned homie, he aint ok. Depending on your beliefs anyway. Some people might say he is in a better place, away from this sick *** world so who knows.
Sounds about right, I almost drowned in a pool freak accident, and of course this was when I was a teen kids all around the pool everybody just looking and making comment like "he about to die" i won't say anything about the social class or race of these kids because I know that will upset some people.

***** w that we are the world bs

the only reason yall wanna talk that good ish now is cuz its black on black

let it have been a white victim left to die, i bet itd be about race then and what the black community needs to do etc

actin like race never matters all holier than thou mfs

and of course ya cant tell me why asking about race is a bad thing so just pretend im here to "entertain" you :rolleyes:

I knew they was smoking weed before they made it known...Not an excuse but they probably was just high as hell not taking it serious

Back
Top Bottom