Teens toss shopping cart four stories, Woman in Critical Condition

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Woman fights for life after teens throw shopping cart four-stories in Harlem Target parking garage [/h1] [h2]The woman, 47, was with her 10-year-old son when the shopping cart crashed on her head[/h2]
BY Edgar Sandoval & Joe Kemp
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, October 31 2011, 1:53 AM

image.jpg

Ken Murray/New York Daily News

Police investigate after a Target shopping cart pushed off a ledge by a group of teens in East Harlem allegedly plummeted four stories and landed on a woman’s head.

A woman was clinging to life Sunday after a shopping cart — pushed off a ledge by a group of teens in East Harlem — plummeted four stories and landed on her head, cops and witnesses said.

The 47-year-old woman was with a young boy when the red cart dropped from a walkway that connects a Target store to a parking lot near E. 116th St. and Pleasant Ave. about 5:45 p.m., cops and witnesses said.

Moments before, Carlos Vargas, 35, said he spotted the young hooligans pushing the cart near the fourth-level parking lot.

“Their friend was trying to stop it, saying, ‘Don’t do it!’

Two 12 year olds busted for tossing shopping cart off walkway critically injuring woman
Two 12-year-old boys have been arrested for critically injuring a woman when they tossed a shopping cart off a fourth-floor walkway of an East Harlem mall, police sources said.

Marion Salmon Hedges, 47, of the Upper West Side, was hit in the head by the hurtling cart about 5:45 p.m. Sunday, and is in critical condition at Harlem Hospital.

"It's in God's hands," the victim's father-in-law, Michael Hedges, said through tears Monday.

Marion Salmon Hedges was with her young son when the shopping cart dropped out of nowhere.

"He's a brave young man," Michael Hedges said of his grandson. "He's holding up well."

"You see her laying there, unconscious in the bed, with 50,000 tubes in her," he added. "She has absolutely no recognition, not even a glimmer of anything."

The two hooligans intentionally tossed the cart while horsing around on the balcony that connects a Target store to a parking garage near E. 116th St. and Pleasant Ave, police said.

The boys were not aiming for the woman.

They were picked up on a tip and brought into the precinct where they were arrested about 12:30 a.m. Sunday, sources said. They are charged with assault, weapons possession and juvenile delinquency.

"I'm beyond shocked," Michael Hedges said about the boys' young ages. "They should throw the book at them."

Read more: Two 12-year-olds busted for tossing shopping cart off*mall walkway, critically injuring woman* - NY Daily News

I did stupid things when I was a kid but I refused to do anything that put other innocent people in danger... this is real tragic.... I hope she gets better soon

http://beat-box.com/?url=http://www...injuring-woman-article-1.969893#ixzz1cNr7xe9k

How stupid. I think we shelter so much, and yet we expose without teaching via Video Games and other media that kids can't seem to understand real life; physically, emotionally, or spiritually.

THis is really sad, hope she pulls through.

The least
mad.gif
 the teen could have done was make sure someone was on the ground patrolling the area, making sure no one would get injured. I'm fine with not having kids with all these stories. Bring on the cats.  

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Reminds me of the time some kids were dropping frozen turkeys into a highway...

Death penalty.

They're 12 years old....

set an example.... They meant to kill that lady it was all intentional. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Reminds me of the time some kids were dropping frozen turkeys into a highway...

Death penalty.

They're 12 years old....
so they should get off with a slap on the hand? i agree with death penalty regardless if he was serious or not.

all in the name of fun...smh. I hope she recovers with no serious neurological damage. imagine being lil mans with her seeing ya moms get hurt in that way. damn yo

Niketalk's morals and perspective are a !!+#!@$ joke.

death penalty for a 12 year old kid.... you're sure he was trying to kill her.

its a sad story but if this was your nice, your nephew, your little brother you wouldn't be shouting death penalty. maybe think about a view somewhere in between the two.

damn thats awful. u guys cant be srs with the death penalty though. its sad because its a real possibility especially if the kids are black

Back
Top Bottom