Tenet - A Christoper Nolan Film

This film is a spiritual reboot/re- imagining of The Terminator to me.

Both Nolan and James Cameron think along the same lines so it's not surprising that I got those vibes while watching the movie.

Neil is Kat's son.

EDIT: The acoustics in the theater I sat in + the film's attempt to use loud audio to cover the IMAX cameras operating noises was not cool.
This movie's sound was either mixed extra bright of the speakers in the theater were or both. It felt like both.

No Spoiler Review..
Pretty much agree with everything he said. Very Plot heavy movie and minimal character development (Protagonist), however great movie all in all

Yeah Im gonna need some cliffs and a rewatch on this movie. I didn’t understand it at all. It was beautifully shot but the whole plot went entirely over my head.

Yeah I gotta watch this again. I got the overall plot but I missed many details. I was faded, but still.

Been planning on seeing it again at the theater for the past month. Next couple of weeks I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Movie was *** to me tbh. Saw it in september. Theaters open here, but I have no interest in seeing it again. It was my 1st movie to see in theaters since it closed in march, saw it in Dolby :smokin, was so hype to see it and to see it before anyone I knew...and I was mad af when it was over. Hella booty cheeks. Was not art. Was awful.

Last edited:
Should’ve delayed the theatre release until 2021. Hopefully they do another round of imax at some point

You driving to Jersey or something to catch this in theaters?

Every time I check nothing is open in NYC.

In Va, theaters have been open since August

Movie was *** to me tbh. Saw it in september. Theaters open here, but I have no interest in seeing it again. It was my 1st movie to see in theaters since it closed in march, saw it in Dolby :smokin, was so hype to see it and to see it before anyone I knew...and I was mad af when it was over. Hella booty cheeks. Was not art. Was awful.

giphy.gif

NYC movie theaters been closed and will remain closed. And even if they opened, I wouldn’t go. I did preorder the Steelbook. Looking forward to that.

Just finished watching and I really enjoyed it :pimp: . Loved the concept and the story made a whole lot of sense towards the end. Definitely going to rewatch it again before the holidays are over.

Really hoping this is a trilogy. The story can go so many ways.

Ok, just watched this. What a trip. I'm confused as hell, but intrigued by the story and want to understand it more, so I'll def watch it again... I enjoyed it.

Watched it last night.

Possibly one of the most complex films I've ever watched.
I got the basic broad points of the plot, but ask me specifically and I can't explain.
It also doesn't help that the clueless aspect is built into the characters and the plot.

Some scenes were just too busy to me.
Like one scene they are on a boat, waves crashing, shot beautifully, soundtrack hittin and then they just casually talking plot points that you can't hear. ALOT of scenes are like that. Like I was overstimulated that I didn't know what to pay attention to.

I liken it to if in Infinity War when Hulk and Thanos fight, if Ebony Maw just started talking about every major detail of Thanos' plan, WHILE they showing Thanos and Hulk duke it out.
You'd def miss the specifics.

That last mission is wild as hell and when you actually realize what they are actually doing, its hard to wrap your brain around. Car chase scene is nuts. The fight scenes matter in this movie in a way I haven't seen.

Movie had some dope lines too, In league with TDK IMO
"I’m not the man they send to negotiate.
Or the man they send to make deals.
But I’m the man people talk to. "

Alot of greatness but a TON to digest and watch again.

wonder what the "one for them" film will be for Nolan

I was furiously trying to foreshadow and piece the movie together the entire time (failing miserably).....

And then it all comes together and clicks so eloquently in the VERY last scene....mind blowing.

maxresdefault.jpg

Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom