THANKS MIKE....... for everything........

Thanks For been Micheal Jordan, an Icon not just for basketball, but for excellence.

What is LOVE............Love is No. 23 in a fast break.

MJ, thanks for bein there when i needed someone to look up to. You are the reason that i love sports, and the reason why i put 100% into everything I do. I been watchin u since i was 4 years old, and i can't believe its really over. But hey, all good things must come to an end...THANKS MIKE FOR INSPIRINg US

GOOD BYE OLD FRIEND,

IT WAS A GOOD RUN,

MY PAST 17 YEARS HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT YOU, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT MOMENTS, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT SHOES, THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME WAKE UP AT 5:00 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU.................................THANK YOU

TAKE CARE

MUCH RESPECT......................JUMPMANXX3

[font face=times new roman color=white size=5]Just like my great grandparents told me of how they saw Ruth play, I can't wait until I have children and grandchildren so that I can tell them that I got to see Michael Jordan play. Thanks Mike.[/font]
:\
ohwell.gif

Wassup:

Thanks for all the memories, Mike!

You'll always be the Greatest Of All Time ... We'll miss you!

The first time i ever saw Mike play was against the Charlotte Hornets back in 1989-90. Since then i have become the biggest MJ fan. He inspires so many people and he is the classiest player to ever grace the basketball court. Growing up in Chicago, the years of the championships were unreal. We were all so spoiled. After his first retirement, life was over. But then when he came back against Indiana in # 45, i was reborn. His second come back didnt go exactly as planned, and its still a bit weird to see MJ in a Wiz jersey. He will always be a Bull, and he'll always be the G.O.A.T. Much respect MJ, and thank you....
"And no you ain't got game, your name's not RAY/ Only thing you have in common is you both wear J's"-arStyle

The end of his career was not expected...but it is how he wanted it....GOAT

will miss you

Jordanh109

The saddest thing about Jordan being gone is that the kids will never know how good he was. They will alwas think of him as an old man, and not as the greatest soaring through the air. Thanks Mike
Thanks for the memories Mike

June 14, 1998

Mike,

I cannot begin to thank you enough for making me want to pick up a basketball and want to play. I was a loner, I had no direction, and being that I am a Sikh, I was completely different from everyone. See Mike, I wear a turban a symbol of my religion, and often when I was young I would get ridiculed, made fun of, and I would often get into fights. People only knew me because I looked different. But then I saw your playoff series in 1989 versus Cleveland. I saw you miss two free throws in Game 4 that would of won the game and series. I saw the determination that you were not gonna be denied. The next game you hit "the shot" and won the series. I was 9 years old, and I realized that I wanted to be like you, and play basketball. You became my idol, and role model. From that day on I played basketball, well enough to make my middle school and high school team. I was no longer the different Sikh kid, I was the kid who was on the basketball team. I had an identity, and people in my school and community recognized me for me and began to get to know me. The friendships that I made from my high school team still reside today and I owe much of that to you. If it was not for your inspiration and dedication, I may have never picked up a basketball or made the friendships that I have today. I just want to thank you for memories and the inspiration you have given to so many including me. You will be missed. ONE LOVE

The saddest thing about Jordan being gone is that the kids will never know how good he was. They might think of him as an old man, and not as the greatest soaring through the air. Thanks for ALL the memories MJ :\
ohwell.gif
:frown:
frown.gif
!!!!

It was the year 1986,late fall . . . the start of another NBA regular season,and I would soon be watching the most remarkable thing that I'd ever seen on t.v. since Michael Jackson did the moonwalk on the Motown 25
Special ! :wow:
eek.gif

It was MICHAEL J. JORDAN . . . shooting guard for the Chicago Bulls !
I would NEVER look at the sport of Basketball the same way for atleast the next 17 years.
I would play a game of pick-up or twenty-one with fam. & friends but after I saw MJ do his thing,it was no longer a sport to me,it was now a game !!!

Michael,
I knew even before the first retirement in '93 that someday I'd have to watch NBA Basketball (for the 1st time in my life) without you playing and when I thought about this cruel reality I'd quickly put it out of my mind because I still had the present and I always told myself to enjoy it while it was here because when it was over that was it !!!!
As I thought about the last 17years of my life watching you work your magic,the sadness I felt in the pit of my stomach was tough,and even though I have never even seen you play in person,let alone met you,I couldn't help but feel like I'd somehow lost someone very close to me like a member of my family.
Had to "man up" and maintain my composure 'cause I came close to sheddin' tears.

Mike,
Thanks for EVERYTHING !!!! The way you always carried yourself,like a true Gentleman :D
happy.gif
!
Thanks for allowing all of us mortals to roam in the same shoes you graced EVERY NBA arena floor in.
Thankyou for all of your hard work,play,and for sharing your life and your undeniable talent with fans thought the entire UNIVERSE !!!!

Thanks for . . .
simply being MICHAEL JEFFREY JORDAN !
nothing more,nothing less

and while you may not like to admit it or want to believe
it or say it in public/private YOU ARE THE BEST . . .
I'VE EVER SEEN :wink:
wink.gif
!

Thankyou !
Sincerely,
Darren S.
Cincinnati,Ohio

-PPG324

Cincinnati,Ohio

Thanks Mike...for amazing memories. You are an inspiration.
We Will miss you!
We will never forget.

Love is...trying to get tickets to see a Bulls or Wizards game in NY or NJ for 15 years and finally geing able to.

I can't tell you how much you've done for the game. You're an eternal and living legend in my eyes. Thanks for the memories. Thanks for the inspiration.....Thanks Mike.

~~MUCH RESPECT TO MJ 4-EVER
Thanks for all the memories
Thanks again MIKE!!!~~
~~"The sky's the limit. I don't think God limited my talent. He gave me talent and it's up to me to try to keep getting better. I don't know how good I can be, but I know I can be better than I am right now."-AI.~~

It was 89 I think, and I'd never seen a game of ball in my life. My old man yells out "Hey Tom, you gotta check this guy out". So downstairs I rush to the TV to see something, or rather, someone that changed my life forever - MJ. It was that game where he banked home the buzzer beater 3 and I was simply in awe. Bought a ring and ball the next day and haven't looked back since.

It's freaky that on the day of MJ's last game, I dislocated my knee, and it looks like I too will never play again. I don't mind too much though. Without Jordan out there providing an inspiration, its not the same. Its amazing what an effect 1 guy can have.

All the best Mike, and thanks for giving me the inspiration to play!

TW
Melbourne, Australia

I can't believe Mike is gone, again. The game won't be the same. Thanks Mike for keeping basketball the best sport in the world, and for amazing everyone for all these years. We love you Mike.

What can you say when what you want to say could fill a whole page.

Thank you MJ.

We'll still watch the games that we recorded, wear the shoes that you provided and marvel at the feats that you accomplished. Even though the playing days are over, the memories will live on and on.

MJ,

You complete me.

You had me at 'Who said man was not....'

You peeps know that movie reference?

Anyway, Mike, if you had never lived my life would have been so much more ordinary...

peace.
|I
tired.gif

(moment of silence)
"off the wall like MJ in his early days..."
-Ja Rule

I won't speak, i'll let the images say everything.

JORDANS FINAL GAME?

mdf258339.jpg

mdf258334.jpg

capt.1050547885wizards_76ers_pxc117.jpg

capt.1050547340wizards_76ers_pxc116.jpg

capt.1050546083wizards_76ers_pxc113.jpg

capt.1050545917wizards_76ers_pxc114.jpg

capt.1050545532wizards_76ers_pxc111.jpg

capt.1050545535wizards_76ers_pxc112.jpg

capt.1050542475wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc110.jpg

capt.1050542302wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc109.jpg

capt.1050540857wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc108.jpg

capt.1050540489wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc107.jpg

capt.1050540318wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc106.jpg

capt.1050539586wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc105.jpg

capt.1050539229wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc103.jpg

capt.1050539048wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc104.jpg

capt.1050538518wizards_76ers_jordan_pxc102.jpg

CAREER

84-85
8485BucksLayup.jpg

85-86
8586SixersDrJBend.jpg

86-87
8687PistonsLayup.jpg

1228_large.jpg

88Jordan_Slam_Dunk.bmp

1988 Slam Dunk Champion
jordanfreethrowlinedunk.jpg

MJwithMarsBlackman.jpg

9091PlayoffsPippenHold.jpg

90-91 (1st Ring)
jordan_91trophy.jpg

91-92
Dream Team (2nd Ring)
DT_Jordan_dribbles.jpg

92-93 (3rd Ring)
jordan_3fingers.jpg

1994 (baseball)
sox94.jpg

MJstatueoutsideChicago.jpg

MJkissesoldChicagostadium09_09_94.jpg

Last game at old Chicago Stadium

96 (Fourth Ring)
MJdunkAllStarGame96.jpg

All Star Game

MJFinalsG3PerkinsKempxilowblk_red2.jpg

jordan_96emotion.jpg

Fathers Day

1997 (Fifth Ring)
96F_mjexausted_pippen.jpg

Flu Game

1998 (6th Ring)
nyaj1pip2.jpg

97F_mj_over_miller.jpg

JORDAN97_98FinalsFreethrow.jpg

michaeljordan007.jpg

six_trophies.jpg

-TheShot-part3inClevelandJordandoesitagain.jpg

Cleveland: The Shot Part 3

ThefamousblockbyJordanoverRonMercer.jpg

The Block

0102ASGameDunk.jpg

all star game dunk 2002

0102DetroitCliffRobinson.jpg

0102Seattle4team.jpg

Wizards@NetsMJdrivingtobasket.jpg

Lakers@WizardsKobeandMJ11_08_02.jpg

32 Points

JordanVsNets42points@age40(02_21_03)GAMEWINNER.jpg

42 Points Vs Nets

ROCKETS@JORDAN35POINTSOVERTIME(02_27_03).jpg

35 Points Overtime Win

RAPTORS@JORDANPICTURES01_14_03.jpg

Blazers@WizardsMJVs.Pipper.jpg

MJ2003AllStarGame(OTgamewinningshot).jpg

2003 All Star Game (supposed to be the game winner)

13.JPG

5.JPG

14.JPG

JORDAN@SONICS26pts03_26_02withBillRussell.jpg

with Bill Rusell

MJdunk_DSC00007.jpg

HAWKS@JORDAN04_12_03JordanPostingup.jpg

THANKS.
capt.1050371467wizards_knicks_jordan_mci109.jpg

F I N E S T 2 0 0 3

(Well, Most of It)​

I still remember watching MJ coming back out of retirement for the first time. I couldn't quite put my thumb in it, but for some reason he looked different. He didn't have the fire, the tiger inside of him that he had before. I remember thinking this was goin to be a big mistake.

The season after that was when he took the Bulls to, yet again, an NBA championship. I couldn't fathom the possibilities of him doing such a thing. It was almost God-like........I had never seen anything done like that before. It really brought a point in basketball where I believed in all the heros and idols that graced the streaked floors of the NBA. We had Barkely, Hakeem, Ewing,..........all were great player that we could look up to believing that they were playing a sport through their passions of love..............

Where has the love gone...

Today in the NBA, no such players exist in this league. Yes we have our Kobe's and our Iverson's, but they don't seem to bring poise that the great "Dream Team" once did. We needed a ressurection; we needed a prodigy; we needed Michael!

So he did the unexpected and returned to the league as not a Bull, but a lesser known Wizard. Still he was Jordan, a phenom, a man that will drink his Gatarade and fly in the air scoring 40+ points. But to are dismay he failed. He could barely dunk let alone fly. But still, Jordan does not go away in vanquesh. We still have his memories, post and present, and that is something I will chersih for the rest of my life...

So I leave on this, Jordan is the man! He was then and he still is now. It seemed that age has finally caught up with his weak bones, and that his career in basketball must end. I will honor him in saying that "he is the greatest basketball.....no athlete that I have ever seen in my short life. Michael thanks for the memories,..........so go and school some fools in golf or something!!!!

fongstarr...... >D
grin.gif

When I see highlights of Michael, I can remember exactly where I was in my life when he first did the freethrow line dunk, hit "the shot" against the Cavs, or switched hands in mid air, or hit six 3-pointers in the half, and one championship after championship. I mean, I grew up with Michael Jordan in a sense. I can relate any Jordan highlight I see and remember a significant part of my life at the time. MJ has made an impact on myself and many of us that no one else can match.

The weirdest part now is that there will be no new highlights. No new moments in my life will relate to a new Jordan highlight. I will never see him do something new in a basketball game ever again. All I can do now is appreciate everything he has done for me, the game and its fans.

Thanks Mike.
I owe you.
... wearing a different pair of III's each day of the week.

I never touched a basketball until I was a 16 year old freshman in college, and never cared much to play until I first watched Mike play. After that, the game of basketball became my greatest passion in life, and every time I was on the court, I literally wanted "to be like Mike." Now, 16 years later, after three knee surgeries, and two shin surgeries (hairline fracture / benign tumor), I'm 32 years old and getting ready for reconstructive surgery on my right knee, and bone graft surgery on my right shin.....all for (and from) playing the game I love, from wanting to "be like Mike."

Watching Mike play for the last time was an emotional experience for me, even at 32. And as I prepare for the upcoming surgeries, knowing I'll be out for a year doing rehab, I am hopeful that I'll once again be able to play the game that I love (pain free) and once again, "be like Mike."

As a 16 year old kid, there are worse people that I could have picked to want to be like, and possiblly better people I could have wanted to be like. But I wouldn't trade all my pains and surgeries to be like anyone else....it's all been worth it.

Thank you Mike for the memories, for being an inspiration, a role model, a mentor, and a hero.

Thanks Mike, I'll miss you....

Respect!

I am very lucky and blessed to have witnessed an awesome athlete like Michael Jordan.

Thank you for everything.
[/b]

first time in jordan forum...but saw the subject and had to reply...

Thanks Mike, for the inspiration you've given all of us. I was watching an ESPN classic of him last night, and there are no words to describe this man's game. He is the reason I watch and love basketball.

Thanks Mike...for everything.
"One nation, under DUNKS, indivisble, with liberty and justice for all"

Back
Top Bottom