The 10 Best Video Games of the Last Five Years (As Per Complex)

I didnt really enjoy bioshock the design was 
pimp.gif
 though

A list like this has to be divided into single and multiplayer oriented games, if its done straight up, no mutliplayer games should be making the list. They arent as immersive as single player games and of course thats how this list played out.

I hate Mass Effect, but the vast majority loves it so whatever.

LOL at GTA V being so high, come on people. Every Uncharted game and Last of Us was better than GTA V. Almost all the games on the list are better than GTA V. Dudes are drunk.

Where is Skyward Sword? Where is one of the Batman games? I never got into Portal that and Mass Effect could have been dropped for those two.

Never played Hotline Miami

Co-sign on Skyward Sword.

And yeah, I think a list that was divided by category would've worked more.

Where is Skyward Sword?

Im surprised to hear this. I haven't owned a nintendo console since gamecube, but I thought the consensus was that Skyward Sword was shallow doodoo and not a true Zelda?

I am not a gamer anymore but skyrim is the best game of this entire gen. Not even up for debate.

Thats kinda my feeling. i don't actually think it was the best game of the gen. It wasn't even necessarily my favorite, but if i had to pick one game to play forever, it would probably be skyrim.

Last edited:
Absolutely no argument with the top 3.

Red Dead still to this day is the greatest single player game i've ever played.

This. I thought skyrim should have made the list but I can't argue with a game it would replace other than hotline miami (never even heard of it)

A lot of games on this list I've yet to play. I love when I have a big backlog of games.

I need to re-activate my PS+ and get Hotline Miami while it's free.

Last edited:

Where is Skyward Sword?
Im surprised to hear this. I haven't owned a nintendo console since gamecube, but I thought the consensus was that Skyward Sword was shallow doodoo and not a true Zelda?
Skyward Sword  has received critical acclaim, gaining perfect scores from at least 30 publications,[sup][11][/sup][sup][12][/sup]  with an average rating of 93.25% on GameRankings  based on 59 reviews,[sup][12][/sup]  93 out of 100 on Metacritic  based on 81 reviews,[sup][11][/sup]  and 9.8 out of 10 on GameStats.[sup][46][/sup]  Skyward Sword's first review, from Official Nintendo Magazine  on October 20, scored 98%, praising the title as the "best Zelda game ever made".[sup][98][/sup]  A day later,Edge  gave the game 10/10. Edge's review said "How apt that this ultimate tale of hero-making should see Nintendo’s hardware become the console it was always meant to be", describing it as "a game made for Christmas Day and or week, released an agonizing six weeks before".[sup][47][/sup]  GamesTM  gave the game a 9/10, and said "Spellbinding, dramatic and absolutely epic in both the world it paints and the story it tells, Zelda: Skyward Sword is a hugely important event for the Wii, for Nintendo, and for anyone with even a passing love for the venerable series it celebrates."[sup][55][/sup]  Game Informer  said "Skyward Sword is one of those rare treasures, a 10/10 game."[sup][53][/sup]  The Guardian  's review stated, "nobody could argue that it's anything less than a masterclass in the art of crafting video games."[sup][71][/sup]

3d zelda games are all classics in their own right and SS is up there with the best of them.  Wind Waker >>>> _________ though

Yes, Hotline Miami is that good. Buy it now.

Last edited:
Absolutely no argument with the top 3.

Red Dead still to this day is the greatest single player game i've ever played.
You ever played Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time? Its the greatest video game ever made.

I am not a gamer anymore but skyrim is the best game of this entire gen. Not even up for debate.
I have Skyrim havent touched in a while. Not enough free time :smh: but it made me realize that they could be putting so much more effort into Fallout and they just choose not to. Its not ok.

Where is Skyward Sword?

Thats kinda my feeling. i don't actually think it was the best game of the gen. It wasn't even necessarily my favorite, but if i had to pick one game to play forever, it would probably be skyrim.
I personally LOVED Skyward Sword. It was the most interested I've been in a Zelda game story wise since OoT. It has a very well done story, and the bar was set high for it being the Origin story.

The one Drawback was the large mapsizes and how slow you moved, even with the sprint. Link moves too slow for all that, but other than that the game was top notch. Its such a great game, and is probably going for cheap at this point I would snatch it up

:smh: at calling Bioshock trash, the best single player FPS out there.

Last edited:
Fallout new Vegas should have made the list

Elder scrolls oblivion is older that 5 years but I think it is one of the best game of the generation

Last edited:
Oh, and Injustice could've made the list too.

Stop, :lol:

List is ok, I guess.

I thought ME3 > ME2 and UC3 > UC2, but I guess as long as one of them are one there, its whatever.

Hotline Miami shouldn't be on here, Arkham City should've replaced it.

GTA V is way too high.

Nice to see MGS4 and Portal 2 on here and I'm glad Lagrim didn't make an appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Street Fighter 4 isn't on here - :rolleyes
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 isn't on here- :rolleyes
Zelda Skyward Sword isn't on here- :x
Super Mario galaxy 2 isn't on here- :x

.... Super Smash Bros Brawl isn't on here- Don't even take this list serious

Skyrim should of been on there. definitely not number 1 though. Also LOU is better than GTAV, but GTAV is still a great game. Multiplayer sucked though

The only reason Skyrim isn't on there is because they included Dark Souls in it's place.

:smh: @ me for only having enough time to have played one game on this list.....
Don't feel bad I haven't played any of these games. I buy 4 games a year

NCAA College Football
Halo
Modern Warfare
NBA 2k

It's about to be 3. EA isn't making anymore college football games due to copyright issues I've heard.

antidope antidope Nah fam, I never got into Zelda when I was younger. Wish I did though. All my bros tell me about how dope that series is

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom